First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Love mine. Haven’t put it on the new truck yet. Need to replace the tape for the rails to mount. But in the WA state rain and the usual over 95 degree summer heat here in NorCal it did great for the 4 years i had it.
If you had it 4 years, I think you had the model before they redid the hinge seals. I saw a video where the hinge seal was separating and the company replaced his free with the newer model that already fixed that issue.

Good luck porting it over! Glad to hear how yours has held up.
Sponsored

AnchorChain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eco
Occupation
Electrician
If you had it 4 years, I think you had the model before they redid the hinge seals. I saw a video where the hinge seal was separating and the company replaced his free with the newer model that already fixed that issue.

Good luck porting it over! Glad to hear how yours has held up.
Oh that’s interesting. Mine looks fine but I’ll reach out to them in case something does happen. Appreciate the heads up

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Oh that’s interesting. Mine looks fine but I’ll reach out to them in case something does happen. Appreciate the heads up
Yep!! Check it out, video is here:

This dude totally pimped his out, and did a white vinyl wrap to match his truck.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Just reporting back after going through my first gas station car wash.

No water came in at the corners near the front of the bed. I had noticed that the weatherseal was tweaked at the corners after the initial rain leak and making it seat correctly apparently solved that.

I did get the same 2 leaks from the top of the tailgate, right at the edges of where the tail step slides in. There was a little water down the tailgate in those 2 spots and a little on the bed floor. Not a big deal to me, but something to be aware of.

I actually don't see how any of the manufacturers can avoid this? Unless they really extend far onto the tailgate, but that could interfere with power tailgates.

Anyway, post your solutions if you got one. I had the idea of putting a small rounded rubbery strip along those gaps the tailstep creates, but still not motivated enough to get around to it.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Pretty much settled on getting the lomax tri fold.

The decision now becomes the finish. Standard, Urethane, diamond mist (black) or diamond plate (silver).

Any more user recommendations? Why did you choose a specific finish and is it meeting your expectations?

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
Just installed in under 30mins myself. Long story short I like the look and ease of installation/use. We'll see how well it holds up to water/rain and being an outside truck in Florida. The seals and gaskets seem a little wimpy but it does have a very low profile look. I got a pretty good deal from Truck Alterations on the F150 forum....way cheaper than Amazon or other advertised tounneau cover vendors.

IMG_1984.JPG
I've got a Yeti Tundra 250 cooler that measures the exact same height as the top of the bed (21.4 inches), does your Lomax sit on top of the bed sides, or is there a track that it sits on? I'm trying to find a cover that will work given most have a track/rail that the cover sits on taking some clearance (height) away on the inside.
Sponsored