Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Just installed in under 30mins myself. Long story short I like the look and ease of installation/use. We'll see how well it holds up to water/rain and being an outside truck in Florida. The seals and gaskets seem a little wimpy but it does have a very low profile look. I got a pretty good deal from Truck Alterations on the F150 forum....way cheaper than Amazon or other advertised tounneau cover vendors.

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1996.JPG

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1995.JPG

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1993.JPG

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1991.JPG

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1990.JPG

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1987.JPG

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1984.JPG
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I have the same one. Very good looking, sleek, and well-made.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Yep! Love mine so far. I did one drive in the rain and some water came in via the tailgate where I expected, the edges of the step where it has a gap under the weather seal. The other place were the 2 front corners near the cab. We don't get enough rain here to where I really care but those that do could probably come up with something to help in those spots (I already have some ideas but I only have white strip on hand and would want black).

The 2 step grooves in the tailgate seem like they would be a problem for any brand....

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I have the same one. Very good looking, sleek, and well-made.
It is so well made that it feels pretty damn heavy when removing! I'm happy that the rails barely weigh anything, so if it weighs 50# I can easily remove basically all 50 when needed.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
Nice truck! I have the same cover, and agree with the comments above. Some leakage around the tailgate and at the front corners, but overall a nice cover.

Does anyone have any suggestions for securing the cover to the truck when folded? I use a RaceFace T2 to haul bikes around and would like to leave the LoMax cover on the truck while we're riding, but given how easy it is to slide off, am a little concerned it will get stolen. Is there an easy way to lock it down?

Sponsored

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
It is so well made that it feels pretty damn heavy when removing! I'm happy that the rails barely weigh anything, so if it weighs 50# I can easily remove basically all 50 when needed.
Terry,
I got my Lomax like yours last week and I got my truck yesterday. Installed the Lomax today easily and I love the looks and functionality. In your debt for price and advice. Thx. Rick

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed IMG_1812.JPG

Ford F-150 Lomax Hard Tri-fold Installed 720_2750.JPG

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
LoMax is the best cover in my opinion. I’ve tried 3 others in the last 8 years and LoMax is the best of the bunch.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Terry,
I got my Lomax like yours last week and I got my truck yesterday. Installed the Lomax today easily and I love the looks and functionality. In your debt for price and advice. Thx. Rick

IMG_1812.JPG

720_2750.JPG
Looks awesome! At least you wiped off that egg crate dust for the initial pics unlike me haha

The urethane smell is starting to go away on mine after 1.5 weeks and I gotta say I'm kinda gonna miss it :ROFLMAO:

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Nice truck! I have the same cover, and agree with the comments above. Some leakage around the tailgate and at the front corners, but overall a nice cover.

Does anyone have any suggestions for securing the cover to the truck when folded? I use a RaceFace T2 to haul bikes around and would like to leave the LoMax cover on the truck while we're riding, but given how easy it is to slide off, am a little concerned it will get stolen. Is there an easy way to lock it down?
Only thing I can think of is to replace the safety strap/carabiner combo with some kind of chain and padlocks instead. It won't be 100% theft proof but it prevents it from being a 10 second job?

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I have the same one. Very sleek and solid, I'm happy with it.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
Only thing I can think of is to replace the safety strap/carabiner combo with some kind of chain and padlocks instead. It won't be 100% theft proof but it prevents it from being a 10 second job?
Took this suggestion and replaced the standard carabiner with a locking carabiner from Amazon. Won't stop a determined thief, but may delay an opportunist.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Took this suggestion and replaced the standard carabiner with a locking carabiner from Amazon. Won't stop a determined thief, but may delay an opportunist.
Nice! Assume you replaced the nylon straps then too? I haven't looked closely but I think it would require threading and crimping a braided cable? Would hate for a thief with a knife to see the lock and then just slice the nylon....

AnchorChain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eco
Occupation
Electrician
Love mine. Haven’t put it on the new truck yet. Need to replace the tape for the rails to mount. But in the WA state rain and the usual over 95 degree summer heat here in NorCal it did great for the 4 years i had it.

AnchorChain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eco
Occupation
Electrician
Oh and for the front of the bed i layer down some thick rubber gasket to keep rain out. Did the job well.
Sponsored