flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Ford F-150 Locked Out of Recovery 20220911_161821

I got this today. This has always been blank and Automatic updates was actually On. Got back in truck later and all that was gone again!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cmfrasher

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2021 limited Powerboost that has had the APIM locked out since April. The dealer ordered a new APIM in the May/June time frame. Today they installed the new APIM and several Blue Cruise modules the needed to be updated. The sync 4 version is: 22192, revision 498. I have seen several other versions posted, when I ask what was included the dealer could not tell me, since Ford sent a programmed APIM.

The earlier attempts to update sync 4 resulted in all stored sirius stations being erased, my home Wi-Fi I’d/password were gone also, my phone blue tooth names and numbers were also gone.
After the install today all radio stations were still there, for the Wi-Fi, I just had to add my password, added my iPhone names and numbers back in. They also activated the Blue Cruise 1 year trial, however the expiration date is 10/12/2022 and not 9/14/2023. Where I live there are no programmed highways in the area.

Since I jot the truck back late today, that is all I know at this time but I will share if there is anything unusual in a later post.

OP
OP

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2021 limited Powerboost that has had the APIM locked out since April. The dealer ordered a new APIM in the May/June time frame. Today they installed the new APIM and several Blue Cruise modules the needed to be updated. The sync 4 version is: 22192, revision 498. I have seen several other versions posted, when I ask what was included the dealer could not tell me, since Ford sent a programmed APIM.

The earlier attempts to update sync 4 resulted in all stored sirius stations being erased, my home Wi-Fi I’d/password were gone also, my phone blue tooth names and numbers were also gone.
After the install today all radio stations were still there, for the Wi-Fi, I just had to add my password, added my iPhone names and numbers back in. They also activated the Blue Cruise 1 year trial, however the expiration date is 10/12/2022 and not 9/14/2023. Where I live there are no programmed highways in the area.

Since I jot the truck back late today, that is all I know at this time but I will share if there is anything unusual in a later post.
10/12/2022 is European for December 12, 2022 and is expiration date of Bluecruise maps.
Bluecruise subscription expiration is in Fordpass under account>connected services.

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I never really thought to ask this... figured it would/should still try to update but after the USB error, do I need to run the update again or will the truck still try to update with the USB plugged in?

Sirtate

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302a
Occupation
Real Estate Sales
I never really thought to ask this... figured it would/should still try to update but after the USB error, do I need to run the update again or will the truck still try to update with the USB plugged in?
I've been getting the 'USB error' also...
I've watched it go from 'System Updating' to 'USB error' a number of times...

I've unplugged and replugged the USB each time, and I've used a different USB in the last little while... it gave me the same issue...

The last time it gave me the error, I pulled it out, plugged it back in and it kicked off right away... 3 times!

Formatted exFAT, and @jessie's data file... I'm at a loss.

Sponsored

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
I found a message somewhere that Jesse said he too is stumped and that we just need to get the APIM replaced. My truck has tried to update twice since that last update. The screen changes, updates a flowing and then 'USB Error'. I can only assume that system is built to when there is an error, it rolls back to the last known good version upon the truck's power off and power on cycle.

I just had a thought... I tried to update the truck with USB plugged into dash. When I tried to directly update my APIM (and bricked it), I plugged into USB in under side of driver's console (AKA, Big Heavy's way). Anyone tried (with USB converter) to plug USB directly into that part? I don't really use the USB in the console anymore, because I had to leave the upgrade stick in there so long.

I rarely have an original idea (I'm in I.T. and assume everyone else is smarter than me) somebody surely tried this?

Agavi807

First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Hi All, any advice would be greatly appreciated. My truck hasn't gotten an update in 2 years. It's stuck on the sync 20301. Brought it to one dealer and they got locked out from to many attempts. They said Oops nothing we can do. I called ford and they said to bring it to a different dealer that was better rated. New dealer not sure what to do. They said they are in contact with Ford for a resolution. I explained to them, easiest solution is to replace my apim and since my truck is still under full warranty it should be fully covered. For whatever reason they are pushing back on installing a new apim. I had ford call them to tell them I need a new apim and to get this resolved asap. I'm almost going on 2 weeks with my truck sitting in the dealer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi All, any advice would be greatly appreciated. My truck hasn't gotten an update in 2 years. It's stuck on the sync 20301. Brought it to one dealer and they got locked out from to many attempts. They said Oops nothing we can do. I called ford and they said to bring it to a different dealer that was better rated. New dealer not sure what to do. They said they are in contact with Ford for a resolution. I explained to them, easiest solution is to replace my apim and since my truck is still under full warranty it should be fully covered. For whatever reason they are pushing back on installing a new apim. I had ford call them to tell them I need a new apim and to get this resolved asap. I'm almost going on 2 weeks with my truck sitting in the dealer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
It sounds like you are doing the right thing. You need a new APIM and the dealer needs to perform a proper PMI after they install it to make sure it is properly configured to your truck. Once they do that, it will take out of OTA limbo, but you will still be very behind on updates.

Agavi807

First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
THanks. Don
It sounds like you are doing the right thing. You need a new APIM and the dealer needs to perform a proper PMI after they install it to make sure it is properly configured to your truck. Once they do that, it will take out of OTA limbo, but you will still be very behind on updates.
Thanks, don't know why they are so reluctant to replace the apim.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I think that once the APIM is locked due to too many failed attempts, the only "fix" is a new APIM as there's no way to update the locked one anymore.
Sponsored