Sponsored

Load a picture of your truck in FordPass app (instead of generic image)?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
mine shows correct color, chrome and wheels...tires are not correct
it shows fat tires sticking out and i have the little perillis scorpion awrs
tires have a 2000 number on sidewall. i like the stance they present

Ford F-150 Load a picture of your truck in FordPass app (instead of generic image)? ford pass pic
Sponsored

Last edited:

unafFORDableXLT

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I never paid attention until seeing this thread. Mine shows correct, even with the tow mirrors I added from Ebay. The image, however, sits about 4” lower in the rear than my MAX tow.
Ford F-150 Load a picture of your truck in FordPass app (instead of generic image)? 8BC7F4F9-91E4-45CD-889D-098795546905

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
Weird. My 360 camera overhead view shows an image of a truck in carbonized grey.

Gauge display shows a blue truck with what looks like a limited grill and a level lift....
Lol, I have a blue truck. I assumed that's why it was blue in the gauge display. The top down view is grey or black (hard to tell). Maybe those are just default for everyone. Would be a nice ota feature to add, but doesn't matter that much.

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Lol, I have a blue truck. I assumed that's why it was blue in the gauge display. The top down view is grey or black (hard to tell). Maybe those are just default for everyone. Would be a nice ota feature to add, but doesn't matter that much.
Also wondering if there is a difference of the truck image shown during the start up and 4x4 selection on the XLT gauge displays and Lariat's and higher trims that have the digital cluster...

Pretty sure when I change drive modes, it just shows what mode is being shifted into. No image of a truck is shown.

My FordPass ap image is a correct image of my truck though.

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
Also wondering if there is a difference of the truck image shown during the start up and 4x4 selection on the XLT gauge displays and Lariat's and higher trims that have the digital cluster...

Pretty sure when I change drive modes, it just shows what mode is being shifted into. No image of a truck is shown.

My FordPass ap image is a correct image of my truck though.
Well, after this conversation when I was driving yesterday I switched the drive mode and felt dumb as I realized they changed the color of the truck dependant on which drive mode you are in. So yeah, I'm used to seeing blue as I almost always have it in normal mode.

Oh, and yeah I have a lariat. Forgot there were different gauge displays.

Sponsored

First Name
Connel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
considering how much I have modified my truck I would like to be able to modify the app as well... always has bothered me lol

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, agree, no reason to not have a sentry mode that can both record to internal USB drive in-truck as well as be able to send images to the phone. With tesla, more advanced features are easy because it's got an x86 CPU behind it to process the info -- the same system that handles ADAS, can be used to provide AI enhancements on images, motion tracking, recognition, etc...

Ford uses a patchwork of older and inferior tech that was years out of date when they debuted it.
Ford could easily and inexpensively wire in a connector to interface an external processor, wireless device, etc...

That's 1950's technology.
Sponsored