Sponsored

Load a picture of your truck in FordPass app (instead of generic image)?

OP
OP
LarryP

LarryP

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f-150 Lariat sport
Occupation
Retired
Gonna say:
1668977659802.png
Looks great! Wish I could get hood deflector, but they don't fit Tremor or Black Package (same as Tremor) hood.
Had to get it as I got a stone dent under it! And I had 3m wrap on it
Sponsored

OP
OP
LarryP

LarryP

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f-150 Lariat sport
Occupation
Retired
I wish I could afford the tremor , love the antimatter blue! 😊

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
My FordPass truck is pretty accurate, except it shows my truck being built with tow mirrors? Like what the heck lol

OP
OP
LarryP

LarryP

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f-150 Lariat sport
Occupation
Retired
My FordPass truck is pretty accurate, except it shows my truck being built with tow mirrors? Like what the heck lol
Mine is a sport too and shows chrome bumpers!

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
My Ford App shows the right model and color but ironically, the truck that populates the dash graphics doesn't.

Pretty weak.

Sponsored

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
My Ford App shows the right model and color but ironically, the truck that populates the dash graphics doesn't.

Pretty weak.
The dash graphics are the same for all models since the different drive modes are color coded. Green for eco, blue for normal, etc.

My Ford pass app has my truck as built. Only thing wrong is the Ford emblem in the Ford pass app is blue on my truck, but tremors have black ovals. Minor details.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I agree. "Minor details" but it just really highlights (for me) the fact that Ford is an Analog Auto Manufacturer in a Digital world.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor

Pretty weak.
Oddly, the tremor features in opening and closing sequences.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I agree. "Minor details" but it just really highlights (for me) the fact that Ford is an Analog Auto Manufacturer in a Digital world.
Dunno -- the mainstream coder typically introduces more bugs than features. I'd prefer them stick to the basics. I'd prefer to be able to 'swipe' in the app between vehicles instead of having to go to the top, hit the drop down menu, then select another vehicle. Those of us w/ more than one vehicle in there should get such features first ;)

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Dunno -- the mainstream coder typically introduces more bugs than features. I'd prefer them stick to the basics. I'd prefer to be able to 'swipe' in the app between vehicles instead of having to go to the top, hit the drop down menu, then select another vehicle. Those of us w/ more than one vehicle in there should get such features first ;)
How about being able to access your cameras from the app? Obviously the technology exists.
Make it a "subscription" option. Another revenue stream for Ford AND a Network provider.
"Analog company in a Digital world"...

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
How about being able to access your cameras from the app? Obviously the technology exists.
Make it a "subscription" option. Another revenue stream for Ford AND a Network provider.
"Analog company in a Digital world"...
Yeah, agree, no reason to not have a sentry mode that can both record to internal USB drive in-truck as well as be able to send images to the phone. With tesla, more advanced features are easy because it's got an x86 CPU behind it to process the info -- the same system that handles ADAS, can be used to provide AI enhancements on images, motion tracking, recognition, etc...

Ford uses a patchwork of older and inferior tech that was years out of date when they debuted it.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Mine is a sport too and shows chrome bumpers!
You are not alone. My Lariat sport also shows chrome bumpers. At least they got the wheels and the extended cab doors right. I had to photoshop the bumpers on my aviator image.
Ford F-150 Load a picture of your truck in FordPass app (instead of generic image)? 2E5C77C3-15D5-4951-B79C-5D3BCB764A55

dkevox

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Evo X, F150
The only graphic that bugs me is the top down 360 view. Everywhere else it displays at least the correct color, but for some reason that graphic is just black. Anyone know a way to change that to match your trucks color?

• Haha
Reactions: 780

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, agree, no reason to not have a sentry mode that can both record to internal USB drive in-truck as well as be able to send images to the phone. With tesla, more advanced features are easy because it's got an x86 CPU behind it to process the info -- the same system that handles ADAS, can be used to provide AI enhancements on images, motion tracking, recognition, etc...

Ford uses a patchwork of older and inferior tech that was years out of date when they debuted it.
It's not just Ford though. It's the entire Auto Industry.
I've never driven or even sat in Tesla so I have no idea what the state of their technology is currently.

But I know what my smart phone can do for $1,000.00 and find it difficult to believe that a $60,000.00 +/- vehicle struggles to keep up with 20yo tech.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
The only graphic that bugs me is the top down 360 view. Everywhere else it displays at least the correct color, but for some reason that graphic is just black. Anyone know a way to change that to match your trucks color?
Weird. My 360 camera overhead view shows an image of a truck in carbonized grey.

Gauge display shows a blue truck with what looks like a limited grill and a level lift....
Sponsored