• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Livestream rep says 150,000 production run for 2022MY F-150 Lightnings??

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I was born and grew up in the metro Detroit area.. my whole family worked on the lines for the Big 3...employees can take union holidays off, but that's when they'd pay time and a half and double time on the lines. My uncles would pick up shifts on these days cuz it was free money. So holidays doesn't mean production stops. I worked in the steel industry for about 8 years.. let me tell you this.. plants and factories love to run on weekends and holidays because they get the cheapest electricity rates.
Thank you for the correction on this. I was in a Union for a number of years - UCFW 464A, and we did the same. However I wasn’t sure about the other Unions, especially the UAW.
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I am hoping that our Administrator is or has used Ford contact to get this number retracted or corrected.

It is obviously grossly inflated and the misinformation is causing undue damage as the rumor spreads.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I am hoping that our Administrator is or has used Ford contact to get this number retracted or corrected.

It is obviously grossly inflated and the misinformation is causing undue damage as the rumor spreads.
The only thing we really have to go on is that video from Palmer and how 15 - 18K is incorrect.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Well, Ford has other plants producing F150s and we have no idea if they are moving to integrate BEV chassis production into those lines. There is a lot of financial forecasting and long term planning we are not privy to and assuming all Lightnings will be made at the one plant may be a mistake.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

Damage. Drama much? That guy knows nothing more than we do. He read the same press release, is a PR hack. Let it go.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Can you expand a bit on the damages being caused? ?
Key Words:
“Crushing Hopes, Raising Hopes, Lying, Raising Stock Price, Can’t Believe Anything They Say, Etc”

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
That's dated information. Last week they announced they'd be producing 150,000 a year by mid-2023. That's above what he projected, i.e. close to twice.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-f-150-lightning-production-150000-units.html
I went back and read this PR. First it is clear to me that the social media moderator on the livestream last night was referring to this PR when they answered both my and Sun Devil's followup questions on the "150,000 trucks for MY22" statement. I don't think they read our question as purely MY22 but rather responding to annual production. They specifically referred to this PR for the 150K number they were giving. Just a busy social media rep scanning questions and giving stock answers. For any production questions (competitive info) they were likely told just refer to the Jan 4th announcement about 150,000.

The PR does say they are going to get 150,000 annually out of of Rouge. I also noticed they said that "This week [week of Jan 4] marks the final pre-build phase before accelerating into mass production." Be curious to hear from @Pioneer74 when mass production starts. While it won't/can't be 150K for MY22, I'm hopeful its at least 35,000 to get me one :).

Last edited:

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Regardless of the number... 15K, 18K, 150K... this is assuming they have no part shortages, COVID outbreaks, etc.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I went back and read this PR. First it is clear to me that the social media moderator on the livestream last night was referring to this PR when they answered both my and Sun Devil's followup questions on the "150,000 trucks for MY22" statement. I don't think they read our question as purely MY22 but rather responding to annual production. They specifically referred to this PR for the 150K number they were giving. Just a busy social media rep scanning questions and giving stock answers. For any production questions (competitive info) they were likely told just refer to the Jan 4th announcement about 150,000.

The PR does say they are going to get 150,000 annually out of of Rouge. I also noticed they said that "This week [week of Jan 4] marks the final pre-build phase before accelerating into mass production." Be curious to hear from @Pioneer74 when mass production starts. While it won't/can't be 150K for MY22, I'm hopeful its at least 35,000 to get me one :).
I also asked for clarification and specified MY22 and got the same response from the moderator. I believe that he was misinterpreting the Press Release.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I also asked for clarification and specified MY22 and got the same response from the moderator. I believe that he was misinterpreting the Press Release.
Or he was just ignoring your question.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
At the end of the day it’s probably a good thing that Ford apparently has more people working on the actual rollout and production ramp than in the PR department. Who cares if they get the numbers mixed up in a presentation as long as they get the truck produced.
Sponsored