• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Livestream rep says 150,000 production run for 2022MY F-150 Lightnings??

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
But seriously, there's no way they're going to be able to ramp that fast--can the rouge plant even physically accommodate this many?
Body? Yes.
Paint? Yes.
Final? No.
Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
anyone have a link to the livestream? is it over? forgot about it... just checked ford's site, and it says "we're currently not streaming"

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
anyone have a link to the livestream? is it over? forgot about it... just checked ford's site, and it says "we're currently not streaming"
Looks like it’s over… would like to see a replay though.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Is it time to update the thread title?

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
Yeah, this is just a Ford communications person (likely a college intern or similar manning the chat) that misread the Jan 4th announcement.
They also said that Pro Power onboard was optional on the pro. No, 9.6kw is optional. And it seems unlikely that they will deliver 150k trucks for MY22 when wave 1 deliveries don’t begin for 20+ weeks and most dealers don’t seem to be getting more than 1.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The update from Palmer in August/September was 80K by 2023 and then going from there.

OP
OP
Sun Devil

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I will be curious how many are in Wave 2 this week. Using the backdoor, it appears that I will be in Wave 2. But I seriously doubt that considering I'm #45 at my dealer even though I reserved about 10 hours after the reveal. If there really are 150,000 Lightnings to produce, then a lot more will be allotted to dealers.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what they said to my question, but I couldn't have asked my follow up more directly. To someone's point earlier, this could have been a marketing person who doesn't know what they are saying.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I will be curious how many are in Wave 2 this week. Using the backdoor, it appears that I will be in Wave 2. But I seriously doubt that considering I'm #45 at my dealer even though I reserved about 10 hours after the reveal. If there really are 150,000 Lightnings to produce, then a lot more will be allotted to dealers.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what they said to my question, but I couldn't have asked my follow up more directly. To someone's point earlier, this could have been a marketing person who doesn't know what they are saying.
Reading into the Long McArthur video a bit more, Ford is ramping up quickly and throwing money at staffing, building, and etc. Building 150K per year is doable, but not entirely at that small building. I read the max that building can produce is 14 per hour.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Reading into the Long McArthur video a bit more, Ford is ramping up quickly and throwing money at staffing, building, and etc. Building 150K per year is doable, but not entirely at that small building. I read the max that building can produce is 14 per hour.
14 trucks/hour, running 24/7 for 52 weeks straight is only 122,640 trucks. We know they don't run 24/7 straight all year, so that'll lower the number below 100K trucks/year. Plus at beginning of production, there'll be a lot of starts/stops.. usually couple weeks down here or there for maintenance.. plus remember production wont start til spring, so say we lose 2 months of production for Jan and Feb, that'd be about 20K trucks less minimum. So realistic production number would be around 60-80K trucks made to the end of the year, if in fact its 14 trucks per hour and they go balls out on production.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
14 trucks/hour, running 24/7 for 52 weeks straight is only 122,640 trucks. We know they don't run 24/7 straight all year, so that'll lower the number below 100K trucks/year. Plus at beginning of production, there'll be a lot of starts/stops.. usually couple weeks down here or there for maintenance.. plus remember production wont start til spring, so say we lose 2 months of production for Jan and Feb, that'd be about 20K trucks less minimum. So realistic production number would be around 60-80K trucks made to the end of the year, if in fact its 14 trucks per hour and they go balls out on production.
So I did math on this sometime ago and you also need to factor in union holidays off, the fact they work 6 days a week vs 7.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So I did math on this sometime ago and you also need to factor in union holidays off, the fact they work 6 days a week vs 7.
I was born and grew up in the metro Detroit area.. my whole family worked on the lines for the Big 3...employees can take union holidays off, but that's when they'd pay time and a half and double time on the lines. My uncles would pick up shifts on these days cuz it was free money. So holidays doesn't mean production stops. I worked in the steel industry for about 8 years.. let me tell you this.. plants and factories love to run on weekends and holidays because they get the cheapest electricity rates.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
14 jobs per hour

2 10 hour shifts per day.

280 per day.

6 days a week = 1680 per week.

1680 x 49 weeks = 82,320 a year.

Doesn't include possible Super shifts, not having a 2 week summer shutdown or working Christmas week.

Also keep in mind that we're not launching at 14 JPH. It will be closer to 9 or 10 and I don't believe the plant will have 3 full production crews until 2023.

None of the above includes whatever magic Ford has up their sleeve to double production in the plant. None of those plans have been shared with the workers yet.
Sponsored