First Name
Jason L Cihak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Shop estimator
Has anyone tuned their truck with this product? Real world? And can you use the same device for multiple vehicles like pictured
Ford F-150 Livernois tuning 3.5 a10? 20220108_164437
Sponsored

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I was so close to pull the trigger on one.
I do not like that you need to unplug the ecu every time you want to load a tune, no matter how careful you are there is just too much room for error. I also dislike how they are not tuning for each drive mode (sport, eco, tow/haul, etc.) I’ve been told by livernois you are required to keep it in “normal” for that specific tune, otherwise the factory transmission behaviors of the other modes override the “tuned/normal” shift strategy.
I would also like them to offer more customized tuning for each individual truck, what’s best for others 3.5’s may not be best for mine.
I came from the Subaru world and was just so spoiled with how COBB’s platform is just so customizable.
Maybe my standards are just too high?

OP
OP
Korvotron

Korvotron

First Name
Jason L Cihak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Shop estimator
I was so close to pull the trigger on one.
I do not like that you need to unplug the ecu every time you want to load a tune, no matter how careful you are there is just too much room for error. I also dislike how they are not tuning for each drive mode (sport, eco, tow/haul, etc.) I’ve been told by livernois you are required to keep it in “normal” for that specific tune, otherwise the factory transmission behaviors of the other modes override the “tuned/normal” shift strategy.
I would also like them to offer more customized tuning for each individual truck, what’s best for others 3.5’s may not be best for mine.
I came from the Subaru world and was just so spoiled with how COBB’s platform is just so customizable.
Maybe my standards are just too high?
That's what I was worried about. So I'll just wait till it's better

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I have never used Livernois, but with Superchips on my 16 F150 you could only use it on one vehicle. Once a tune was loaded, the tuner was 'locked' until you returned the first vehicle back to stock.

OP
OP
Korvotron

Korvotron

First Name
Jason L Cihak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Shop estimator
I have never used Livernois, but with Superchips on my 16 F150 you could only use it on one vehicle. Once a tune was loaded, the tuner was 'locked' until you returned the first vehicle back to stock.
Many of the newer tuning devices can be used on multiple vehicles and with several tunes per vehicle but the limited nature of thier tune us what's going to make me walk away. I'd rather wait on whipple to have their complete cold side upgrade with tune. Till then the pony gets the attention

Ford F-150 Livernois tuning 3.5 a10? 20211128_154815

Sponsored

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Many of the newer tuning devices can be used on multiple vehicles and with several tunes per vehicle but the limited nature of thier tune us what's going to make me walk away. I'd rather wait on whipple to have their complete cold side upgrade with tune. Till then the pony gets the attention

20211128_154815.jpg
The Whipple tune is available for 3.5 now

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
So does this work like the old Superchips can tunes? Meaning, a stock file is stored on the device, and can then be put back on with no trace from a dealer.
Sponsored