Sponsored

Livernois tuner for Powerboost?

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Want. Not that it's lacking now, but more? Sure!

After a few weeks with the tune, it's definitely a different beast. Smooth and low-key when you want it, to HOLY SHIT I'M GOING WAAAAY TOO FAST NOW BUT SCREW YOU FOR TRYING TO GET IN FRONT OF ME! :devilish:
Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
So I emailed Livernois about the newer tune and they said to fill out a tune request.

I hooked the device up to my laptop to get the serial number, and well... it updated the 91-93 Performance map to V8 (I was previously on V6). :) I'm not sure if there's a V9 or greater, but I'll load it up after lunch and see if I can tell a difference.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
So I emailed Livernois about the newer tune and they said to fill out a tune request.

I hooked the device up to my laptop to get the serial number, and well... it updated the 91-93 Performance map to V8 (I was previously on V6). :) I'm not sure if there's a V9 or greater, but I'll load it up after lunch and see if I can tell a difference.
Yeah v8 is it

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Yeah v8 is it
Loaded it, went for a quick drive. Not sure I can tell much of a difference, but I didn't really get on it. I'll find some time and somewhere to play a bit today or tomorrow.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
A few more days in - still smooth as butter during normal driving. Pulls hard when you get into it.

I also had a puckering moment earlier today - I was turning left across traffic, with TCS off. Gave it a bit too much throttle, and.. the truck rotates well :D

Wife not so happy, but the oversteering was controllable. And left a grin on my face..

Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
A few more days in - still smooth as butter during normal driving. Pulls hard when you get into it.

I also had a puckering moment earlier today - I was turning left across traffic, with TCS off. Gave it a bit too much throttle, and.. the truck rotates well :D

Wife not so happy, but the oversteering was controllable. And left a grin on my face..
Yeah after it settled it is super smooth and my mpg is up.
I had my pcm updated by ford to the latest update at the same time I loaded v8, so I can’t tell what did what, but it is def smooth

Last edited:

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Not sure if I didn't notice this previously, but I think I was sent a new tune - 87+ Performance version 8?? I hooked up the MyCal tonight and got a software update, and noticed that after the sync to home happened.

I want to say I only had the 91-93 performance and 87+ tow/eco files before??

Ford F-150 Livernois tuner for Powerboost? 1677120375623

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
🤷‍♂️ I've for sure received 2 OTA updates since I installed the Livernois tune.

Sponsored

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Same

maybe blocking ota to the pcm only, which would be a good thing.

Yeah- that would make sense. Ostensibly the best of both worlds: Uninstall maps for PCM update, install PCM update and re-install MAPS (or get new maps for the current PCM revision). I've got a Malone tune for the wife's Q7 TDI that works that way....
Sponsored