Sponsored

Livernois tuner for Powerboost?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
They have a YouTube video about it. Rear wheel increase 108 hp / 92 torque

For me, the issue is that they've done pretty much nothing since. Their dyno is poorly constructed (re: air flow) and is inexpensive to fix -- $6k could have that thing running properly.

For spending "a lot" of time with it they mention nothing about the battery SOC, or ensuring it was ready to give it full-send. Additionally the curves are pretty much the same until 4k RPM. These have variable vane turbos and they should have been able to get more out of it in the lower RPMs. My guess is that they've really not done anything other than adjust some upper boost / fuel mappings. The graphs just aren't that impressive / look like they're missing something.

Ford F-150 Livernois tuner for Powerboost? 1664939606283

If they hadn't said they'd had it for some time, that'd be a great first attempt. What that's not however is something you sell a product with.

Don't get me wrong, I want there to be 'more', but that's not really that impressive for the price. That's a $300 tune at best.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So the Powerboost has different turbos than the non-Hybrid 3.5 Ecoboost?
I was unaware of the variable vein.

Actually I haven't found much information regarding the Turbos on the Gen14 and didn't expect them to be much different than the 2018-2020 turbos.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So the Powerboost has different turbos than the non-Hybrid 3.5 Ecoboost?
I was unaware of the variable vein.
Appears ecoboost has always had VGTs 😃

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm just confused probably.
I thought variable vein turbos were very different than Ecoboost turbos.
I thought that because they are more common on diesels and they don't require a wastegate.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hrm, nope, not seeing anything in the parts related to the turbo that'd be able to control the vanes. They are water cooled turbos FWIW. That gives them a much longer life as well as a longer oil life as it's not getting cooked. No variable geometry though -\_:cautious:_/-

Sponsored

Stealthytt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
The answer to that question will tell you if they're worth owning. If they will ship to CA, you want nothing to do with them. Given what's happen over the last few years in the industry regarding the reason why they claim to not ship to CA, a truly wise company wouldn't. A dumb one would.

Have it shipped to your buddy in AZ or NV for safe keeping so you can enjoy it when not in CA -- the typical gun owner advice.
Meh, not worried about a tuner, guns that's a different story ;)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Meh, not worried about a tuner, guns that's a different story ;)
DPRC tracks down all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons. carb isn't just an outdated method of fuel injection, they're quite proud of the hot air they produce.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
For me, the issue is that they've done pretty much nothing since. Their dyno is poorly constructed (re: air flow) and is inexpensive to fix -- $6k could have that thing running properly.

For spending "a lot" of time with it they mention nothing about the battery SOC, or ensuring it was ready to give it full-send. Additionally the curves are pretty much the same until 4k RPM. These have variable vane turbos and they should have been able to get more out of it in the lower RPMs. My guess is that they've really not done anything other than adjust some upper boost / fuel mappings. The graphs just aren't that impressive / look like they're missing something.

If they hadn't said they'd had it for some time, that'd be a great first attempt. What that's not however is something you sell a product with.

Don't get me wrong, I want there to be 'more', but that's not really that impressive for the price. That's a $300 tune at best.

Then don't buy one. LOL It baffles me why guys bother to post trashing something they don't want / haven't tried.

Obviously it's not that easy or more tuners would have a product ready to go. I'd love to see some improvements related to the EV side but this is a great first step. I expect if they are able to make improvements current users will get updates.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Then don't buy one. LOL It baffles me why guys bother to post trashing something they don't want / haven't tried.

Obviously it's not that easy or more tuners would have a product ready to go. I'd love to see some improvements related to the EV side but this is a great first step. I expect if they are able to make improvements current users will get updates.
It's not complicated -- Lots of places currently have a 'quality' staffing issues right now. I'm looking at relocating 2 divisions right now just to be able to pull from a larger talent pool.

Don't confuse my demand for a product vs demand of that specific product. There's minimum variables that need to be present that represent a base, or floor if you will, that shows a business contains a base competency that's required to perform the level of due-diligence in regards to re-programming an ECU as well as being able to assess WTH they're actually doing.

We'll let papa banks enlighten you.....

Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
No doubt Banks knows his stuff but I thought we were talking about F150s and Livernois. Banks charges $300 for a pedal commander and doesn’t even have a powerboost tune. If he did I’d guess it would be at least $800.

Like I said before… Haven’t tried it? Don’t want it? Move along.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Mine arrived today. As someone else mentioned, the instructions could be a little better.

Also, you can’t run the software via Parallels on a Macbook. Now deciding whether to use an old Windows 8 PC I’ve got or go buy A new low end laptop.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Do we expect any conflicts between the tune and OTA updates? I’ve got the new Alexa powerUp asking to be installed.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Mine arrived today. As someone else mentioned, the instructions could be a little better.

Also, you can’t run the software via Parallels on a Macbook. Now deciding whether to use an old Windows 8 PC I’ve got or go buy A new low end laptop.
Cheaper to drop a basic 2.5" 256gb SSD in it with W10 upgrade for Free from M$ than but a new laptop just for this. That way you can put Forscan on it and have everything for the truck on one system.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Cheaper to drop a basic 2.5" 256gb SSD in it with W10 upgrade for Free from M$ than but a new laptop just for this. That way you can put Forscan on it and have everything for the truck on one system.
I needed a new computer to run some crypto trading software, so this was enough extra reason to go ahead and take a trip to Best Buy.
Sponsored