Livernois tune

Lance b

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XL
Anyone with a livernois tune on their 2021 yet? If so what's different from stock?
Sponsored

Gurupitka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 powerboost
Night And day difference for both 5.0 and 3.5. I haven’t been in a 2.7

2.7LTTF150

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
HFC Technician
I have been running the 87-91 tune on my 2.7 and i have to say that it improves many things, the engine feels more responsive and the transmission shifts are much more like a "normal" truck. WOT is now actually WOT! Now, mind that i have just been messing with the 87-91 tune, I have not yet uploaded the 91-93 performance tune.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I need a little feedback on the Tow/Eco tune I installed in my 5.0. I've been running it a few days now, reset the KAM/KAM Adaptive at the same time.

I notice a couple of odd things, engine and tranny are at operating temperatures, normal driving, 2Kish acceleration while getting up to speed:
1) Why does it feel like the truck lunges forward with each shift?
2) After the truck shifts in to 4th gear, you get the normal drop in RPM, but there is a second drop in RPM after the shift; 100-200 RPMs? It's like oops, just kidding, I meant a little less RPM, sorry. You can watch the RPM needle drop every time it shifts into 4th; very noticeable feeling and engine tone.

TIA

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thanks @TheGoatman Here's a video that demonstrates it. Watch and listen as it shifts from 3rd into 4th. After the first shift, the "second" shift is a hard jerk like shift.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Also, does any one know if you can request a custom tune? One like the following maybe:
-Disable Cylinder Deactivation.
-Keep throttle improvements.
-Keep sequential shifting.
-Everything else at factory settings.

Thoughts?

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
that’s a pretty informative video you took

send to Livernois and have them confirm its not a shift flare or converter locking unlock lock and doing what it’s supposed to. It’s too quick for me to tell what’s going on there.
A quick scan through the file should be all that’s needed to confirm with that video

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thank you for that. I sent it to Livernois using your words, if that's OK. It feels like a double shift or a timer pop after the first shift into 4th. We'll see....

Last edited:

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
<sigh> They say it "looks" like the TC is locking after the shift, hence the RPM drop. When I switch the drive mode to Tow or Sport, the same thing happens except in 3rd gear instead of 4th. When I take the RPM to 4K+, the issue does not happen. When I revert to the factory tune, the issue does not happen.

I asked if it's possible to get a tune with only cylinder deactivation disabled. I also asked if they can command the TC to not lock until a certain criteria is met. I'm still waiting for a response on both.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
I notice this too using the Livernois eco/tow tune in normal mode in 3rd gear. Almost like 3rd gear has two gears. I’m glad to hear others are noticing this same thing. I thought maybe 3rd gear was slipping or malfunctioning.

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
[
I notice this too using the Livernois eco/tow tune in normal mode in 3rd gear. Almost like 3rd gear has two gears. I’m glad to hear others are noticing this same thing. I thought maybe 3rd gear was slipping or malfunctioning.
Nope, not malfunctioning as far as I know. It was there while I was stock. As of an hour ago, I'm tuned. It's still there but it's way less noticable. Frankly, it's never been a problem for me. The transmission improved tremendously. I love it. No hanging gears, no skip shifting, easily and smoothly goes into higher gears to keep the rpm down while cruising.

4wd to 2wd take offs are nuts. Looooooove it. Now I want headers!

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Yup! The tune for the transmission is worth the money alone!!! :)(y)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Didn't think they'd be locking up the TC in the lower gears like that. If they're raising pressures it will be much more noticeable. TC locking always give folks the impression of a gear change but it is what it is.
Sponsored