First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Employed!
Have you read that page you are linking us to? It's generic off the shelf tune garbage marketing. Tell me exactly how it relates to a hybrid setup and not a generic tune.

There are a dozen people tuning 3.5EBs to get way more than 100 hp and 90 ft-lbs for over a decade. I ran an MPT tune on my previous truck and it made way more power than what Livernois is advertising along with "custom" tow and tranny tunes.

This page is not offering anything new or unique to the EV drivetrain and you are just throwing random information out there and on the surface, the Livernois product seems sub par.
It's the first standalone tuner available for the PowerBoost. Burger offers a piggyback that gets about half the gains. Livernois has been around for a long time with a great track record. I'm still waiting on 5 star to offer something, but they don't have an ETA yet.

So yeah. It's not just marketing. It's the first PowerBoost tuner to market. That's all! No offense. A bunch of us have been waiting on a tuner to go live.
Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
3.5 ecoboost tunes have been around for a decade. Unless Livernois has specifically cracked how to tune the hybrid/EV setup, this is not newsworthy.
Pretty sure cracking the PB electrics and calibration is sort of a big deal.

I feel this is news worthy.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
It's the first standalone tuner available for the PowerBoost. Burger offers a piggyback that gets about half the gains. Livernois has been around for a long time with a great track record. I'm still waiting on 5 star to offer something, but they don't have an ETA yet.

So yeah. It's not just marketing. It's the first PowerBoost tuner to market. That's all! No offense. A bunch of us have been waiting on a tuner to go live.
Yeah!

everything that person said!

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
What do you want from the battery & motor? It's not like you're going to get any more HP or torque from it. The battery can only hold so much charge and provide so much power at a time. You may be able to get the truck to go to electric only sooner, or hold it just a little bit longer, but that's not going to do much for you. If you widen the range of usable power from the battery from current, you're likely to shorten the life of the battery, and kill the warranty on the hybrid system in the process.
There's a thread where people are tracking battery use and we see that chargins starts at around 40%, and stops charging around 60%.

I would love to be able to adjust those variables with a tune to increase efficiency. I'm not after power.

And consider this about the warranty: That's my business. I wouldn't consider buying a tuner without understanding the risks.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I'm one of the people that is/was tracking battery percentages. If you watch how quickly the battery drops in full electric mode, even if you drop to 20%, you may get an extra minute if you're maintaining speed on a level road. The current min/max is ~40%-70%, so even with 20%-80%, you still aren't likely to achieve very much additional runtime in full electric, at the cost of severely shortening the batteries life, and then you'll be worse off in a year than when you started. But yes, it's your truck and warrant, so do WTF you want.

Sponsored

OP
OP

joejamesatou

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Employed!
I really don't want to adjust the parameters of the batter hi/low limits. I'll take longevity there. However give me a "launch mode" where I can use all the electric motor for drag race would be awesome.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Wow! So we’ve got people talking about an aftermarket tune which allows 100 ponies, and then saying that it may decrease the OEM lifespan of said components? Or worse, void warranty!

This sort of chatter is really funny folks.

Almost as if prior to Powerboost we somehow weren’t voiding warranty or decreasing OEM lifespan of engine components.

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
I really don't want to adjust the parameters of the batter hi/low limits. I'll take longevity there. However give me a "launch mode" where I can use all the electric motor for drag race would be awesome.
Drag race not possible with the current electric motor. If only we can adapt rear electric motor, suspension and 1/2 of the batteries from Lightning.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I thought the power increase in raptor was from different hardware.

they said flat out, so far, they’ve only been working on the ice side, one could assume there are extra things to work through to play nice with the ev side when compared to the ice 3.5. We don’t even know if the tables are even remotely similar to a ice 3.5.
How are they even finding the tables and populating them, working in hex themselves?
Hpthuners scanner won’t even run on a powerboost, so forget about the editor and then finding and defining significant tables. I find this product a huge break through.
At the end he said once he gets his truck they will work more on the ev side, that there I agree with you as it has room for bs…may never happen. But I thought getting to this point may never happen..

who else offers a tune for the powerboost?
I used Livernois for things back 10+ years ago when “they were one of two in the USA” that tuned the vehicle and chip I had.

Seeing them be one of the first few people to tune the 21 Powerboost doesn’t surprise me. They are good and they actually make these tunes through trial and error, vs ripping off other peoples tunes & hard work.

The person saying this is off the shelf tune garbage has obviously never tuned before. There are thousands of quirks in custom tuning, like blowing up your donor vehicle, bricking the PCM, losing customers. Ya know, those little things that cost thousands to fix.

And whomever is claiming a tune only EB prior to 2021 made 100+ HP obviously doesn’t know F150 engine stats either. If a powerboost that makes 430 HP gets 100 extra HP, it would have 530HP. Please show me where any pre-2021 F150 made 530 HP without modifying exhaust, CAI, and more.

Since I’m sure the previous person won’t realize what I’m saying, I’ll elaborate. The 2020 F150 EB made 375 HP. A 2020 F150 would need to gain 155 HP during custom tuning to be equal to the total HP claimed with the Livernois PB tune.

Anyone that thinks it is easy to gain 100 HP out of a 2021 3.5 EB or PB, which already makes 400+ HP stock, well those are the folks that have their engines mysteriously come apart and wonder why.

Contrary to Forza tuning, you don’t just move sliders to tune real engines. These are real and expensive engines/drivetrains in the real world. One day these kids will figure out it’s not all games.

If you want to play, then you’ve got to pay.

Big race car parts make big race car part noises.

Chief2slo

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-59 Tremor
Occupation
Pilot
Why does the PB need to be tuned? Doesn't it come from the factory with enough HP and Torque?
Enough?! Ha! No such thing! Faster Horses, younger women , older whiskey and more money!

Sponsored

JBinFla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
I am not going anywhere with this, other than offering some clarity that livernois is just bssing.
So exactly how are they BS-ing? And exactly what are your credentials so that I should take your word over theirs? Is this just some internet troll who had a chip in his 1990 mustang so now he knows it all or are you a professional who can bring some education to this thread? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Thanks

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo