Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
The current cost for this blend at 2:1 is $2.85/g
I don’t think anything close to that is available for me. Unicorn gas for sure 👍
Sponsored

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
This is why I was happy to discover competitively priced 93e0. Blending it to e30 results in a PON of 97 (R+M/2 pump octane rating). I can blend it with the local 80% e85 at a 2:1 ratio and still be able to get a couple degrees more timing than a standard e30 tune while letting the OAR do its thing. The current cost for this blend at 2:1 is $2.85/g
Just want to make sure im reading this correct. 20gal of 93e0 +10 gal of E85 would result in roughly e30?
Also do you know if there is a PID we can monitor to see how much ethanol content our fuel has?

I used to have a kit and actually measure the ethanol content for another car that was pretty picky given the agressive tune, but I just cant see myself doing that anymore.

Last edited:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Just want to make sure im reading this correct. 20gal of 93e0 +10 gal of E85 would result in roughly e30?
Also do you know if there is a PID we can monitor to see how much ethanol content our fuel has?

I used to have a kit and actually measure the ethanol content for another car that was pretty picky given the agressive tune, but I just cant see myself doing that anymore.
There's online calculators for blending as this is common. e85 ethanol content can vary enough to matter so make sure you're checking the content and understand what the process entails. If you think you've got e85 but in reality it's e65, the end result isn't what's desired.

https://www.morepowertuning.com/emix

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Yea when i used to test, the place I get e85 was pretty consistently E70-72. Just kind of a PITA, as smart as these PCMs and all the sensors we have I just cant imagine the computer cant tell us whats going through the intake.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sweet deal
Ford F-150 Livernois F-150 Powerboost -- 11.9 sec 1/4 mile 1700849371338

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I would absolutely love an e85 or e98 tune. There are two big issues stopping me.
1) In Texas, E85 is a unicorn in big swaths of the state.
2) I would really want a bigger fuel tank to compensate for drop in kWh/gal. Transferflow can generally manage a 45 gallon tank in half ton trucks, which is about 150% the capacity of the stock PB tank, or essentially a wash in terms of kWh in a full tank of ethanol vs gasoline (1.5*0.67=1). They aren't offering much in the way of half ton tanks these days, and the PB tank would have to be a bespoke item due to the battery (likely giving up a few gallons due to the battery in the way, but still probably much larger than the stock 30.6 gal tank). I think that all of the minor factors, including slightly better efficiency (better in terms of miles per kWh, worse in terms of miles per gallon) on ethanol would counteract the slightly less than 45 gallon tank to yield an unchanged range but a substantial gain in power.

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
I would absolutely love an e85 or e98 tune. There are two big issues stopping me.
1) In Texas, E85 is a unicorn in big swaths of the state.
2) I would really want a bigger fuel tank to compensate for drop in kWh/gal. Transferflow can generally manage a 45 gallon tank in half ton trucks, which is about 150% the capacity of the stock PB tank, or essentially a wash in terms of kWh in a full tank of ethanol vs gasoline (1.5*0.67=1). They aren't offering much in the way of half ton tanks these days, and the PB tank would have to be a bespoke item due to the battery (likely giving up a few gallons due to the battery in the way, but still probably much larger than the stock 30.6 gal tank). I think that all of the minor factors, including slightly better efficiency (better in terms of miles per kWh, worse in terms of miles per gallon) on ethanol would counteract the slightly less than 45 gallon tank to yield an unchanged range but a substantial gain in power.
You can run E30 tune on these trucks, but if you want to run an E85 Tune on an ecoboost you need higher flow injectors and fuel pumps. Its a bit more of an upgrade, but with factory turbos you can get around 600HP. Just really gotta watch yourself because you are really starting to push your luck with the stock pistons.

It'd be kind of fun though to see what these things can really do with a built top-end, e85 and bigger turbo.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
You can run E30 tune on these trucks, but if you want to run an E85 Tune on an ecoboost you need higher flow injectors and fuel pumps. Its a bit more of an upgrade, but with factory turbos you can get around 600HP. Just really gotta watch yourself because you are really starting to push your luck with the stock pistons.

It'd be kind of fun though to see what these things can really do with a built top-end, e85 and bigger turbo.
I agree, but my goal is two pronged longevity more than power. A 3.5L PB is overpowered for a half room truck. However, what will absolutely stop these trucks is HEAT. To that end, I really want to aggressively insulate the exhaust system and ideally install a bigger radiator. If a tune got me 20 HP I'd be thrilled. Long term, I want the truck to last. I don't mind if a tune means that I have to change oil, plugs, or transmission fluid more often, but I don't want mods that halve engine life. Depending upon the advance of technology, there's a real chance that this truck gets a performance rebuild on the engine and transmission.

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
does doing any tune eliminate the governed max. speed Ford sets at 103mph?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eskram

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I believe it does, however you better make sure you have speed-rated tires. What comes on most of our trucks is the limiting factor.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
I can confirm the livernois tunes remove the speed limiter.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I'm more interested in what suspension components were used to lower the PB. I want to lower/level mine. Not slammed, just lower. I'm not an off-roader, just dirt roads that any car can do. I prefer an easier reach into the bed and to wipe the bug guts off my windshield! Plus the added bonus of better MPG.
Sponsored