Sponsored

Livernois 5.0 tune review

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I just purchased a livernois programmer for my 5.0 2023. I have the shifting with this 10 speed. I am hoping they can help with smother shifting.
Night and day difference when it comes to tranny shifting and behaviour. You won't be disappointed.
Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I am hoping they can help with smother shifting.
I’m not sure what your shifts feel like, what tune? Remember your transmission needs to “adjust” to the tune again. Did you try resetting the KAM and KAM Adaptive in the MyCalibrator? The performance tune has very aggressive shifts IMO. When I shifted to back out of my garage… bang… reverse to drive… bang again… it never went away for me. I tuned to the tow/eco. It was better but…

I have a factory settings with CD disabled tune. Seems kind of pricey just for that one thing, but that’s where we ended up. The 1-4 shifts surge/thrust is not right IMO it throws my head back, how is that right… perhaps that’s what drag racers like, not for me…

Just open a support request and explain what your experience is like. They’ll work with you…

KingDavid

First Name
Dah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 4×4 5.0
I just purchased a livernois programmer for my 5.0 2023. I have the shifting with this 10 speed. I am hoping they can help with smother shifting.
It's aggressive in Sport mode, calm as hell on eco. I love the tune. My highway e85 mpg is 23+ now. Before the tune, the best I could do was 20.x mpg on 93 highway. When I eventually go back to 93, I'll post what the mpg are. Glad cylinder deactivation is gone too.

Ryangenereux

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f-150 XLT crew cab sport
Occupation
USAF
Wow that’s great ! Can’t wait to give it a shot ! My biggest issue is E85 in my state is nonexistent well 87 or 93 Work? And off-topic has anyone else had this tune and used forscan? Can they work together?

Ryangenereux

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF
The 89-93 Tow/Economy tune is very smooth. I like it better as my daily driver. The shift points are softened a little more than the performance tune. I also have skip shifting disable and cylinder deactivation gone! Truck is how it should of been now! Love the tunes from Livernois! It’s worth it!
How is driving on the tow tune ? I just switched over to tow tune. Wanted to make sure it’s good for the truck to be in that tune and better for daily driving ?

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
How is driving on the tow tune ? I just switched over to tow tune. Wanted to make sure it’s good for the truck to be in that tune and better for daily driving ?
I like it a lot! It’s more of an eco/tow tune. Just did a 600 mile trip over the mountains and it was great.(Not towing anything)
If your looking for just a smooth shifting ride I think this is for you.
They have another eco tune that has less aggressive shifting which they gave me a month ago. Not sure if this is what they give out now compared to what I got originally over a year ago.

Last edited:

Ryangenereux

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF
I like it a lot! It’s more of an eco/tow tune. Just did a 600 mile trip over the mountains and it was great.(Not towing anything)
If your looking for just a smooth shifting ride I think this is for you.
They have another eco tune that has less aggressive shifting which they gave me a month ago. Not sure if this is what they give out now compared to what I got originally over a year ago.
So I just had them send me a less aggressive shifting tune. Essentially it is the stock shifting pressure. It feels like eco mode but more pep. The tow tune still shifts a little different when you let off the gas then reengage the pedal. Seems like there’s a little bit of slack. Maybe it’s because the transmission was learning on that? Might reset the kam and drive on this tune for a week or 2 then go back to tow tune. Wish you could swap tunes easier. Great customer service tho.
Sponsored