Sponsored

Livernois 5.0 tune review

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX 5.0, 2013 Corvette GS, 2020 Jetta S
What's up guys,

So at almost 8000 miles I decided to install the Livernois 93 performance tune on my 21 5.0. First things first, the guys over at Livernois have been very helpful at answering all of my questions and respond within the day. The tuner was in stock, took 3 days to get to my door, and when I sent them all of the required info needed for the tunes, I had them the next day.

I do not beat on my truck, and I am very pleased with the power at stock calibration. I simply wanted to delete cylinder deactivation, auto start stop and have sequential shifting with no skip shift. I know the price is a little steep, but all 3 of my requests were taken care of and I am very pleased with how the truck behaves. Even with only 100 miles since the tune, the transmission is so much better. After it re learns my driving habits I expect the shifting to get even better. In my opinion, this is how the truck should have came from the factory.

According to Livernois my factory drive modes still work, just with a little power added to each. I asked about keeping it in 93 performance for light hauling and max payload is fine. I would just have to switch tunes for "heavy towing".

I have a tow/economy tune but have yet to try it. The only down side to switching tunes is to accomplish this you will have to hook up the device under the hood. The days of switching tunes from inside of the truck with the OBD2 are over for the 21+ trucks.

Anyways I just wanted to share my experience for anyone considering doing a tune in the future. Overall I am very please with the characteristics and if you have any questions I will gladly answer them.
Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
The 89-93 Tow/Economy tune is very smooth. I like it better as my daily driver. The shift points are softened a little more than the performance tune. I also have skip shifting disable and cylinder deactivation gone! Truck is how it should of been now! Love the tunes from Livernois! It’s worth it!

OP
OP
BladeSilver976
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The 89-93 Tow/Economy tune is very smooth. I like it better as my daily driver. The shift points are softened a little more than the performance tune. I also have skip shifting disable and cylinder deactivation gone! Truck is how it should of been now! Love the tunes from Livernois! It’s worth it!
Good to know, I'll have to try that tune out. Do you find it sluggish at all in normal mode?

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No seems great to me! I really like the tow/economy tune the best for day to day.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Curious what octanes you’ve tried running that tune

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In Seattle the highest octane we have available is 92 and that is all I use.
So it’s possible lower octanes may make things sluggish.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
Does the tune do something for throttle response as in making it less fatiguing? I want the "stiffness" of Eco, but power of Normal. Basically, I just want the pedal to not be so sensitive, but the power to be there when pressed down a little more. My BMW is like that in Eco and Normal and only Sport is a little more sensitive. The Normal on my F150 is impossible in city driving (which is 99% driving in my case) and keeping it around 50km/h is very hard without cruise control.

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I find the throttle sensitivity the perfect balance in the tow/eco tune. IMO

kmarshall99

First Name
Kelvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 5.0
I have a 5.0 on order and was built this last Friday.. I really want to tune it right away, especially for the transmission shift improvement and the cylinder deactivation. I think I worry too much though with voiding any kind of warranty (mostly the powertrain of course) cause I recently had bad luck with a gladiator engine going boom on me within the first few months ownership. If I had tuned it, I would have been SOL. hmmmm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BladeSilver976
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ended up switching the tune over to Tow/Economy and I feel like its spot on for normal driving. The power is great and the shifts seem to be a tad softer. It still feels so much better with the skip shifting eliminated.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Occupation
Cooking burgers and hotdogs is not BBQing, it's grilling! Thx, All of Texas!
I know this is an old thread, but..... with the Tow/Eco tune, does your truck shift hard from a stop or park to reverse or drive?

OP
OP
BladeSilver976
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know this is an old thread, but..... with the Tow/Eco tune, does your truck shift hard from a stop or park to reverse or drive?
No its never had hard shifts. the lower gear shifts were a little too firm at first, but once they softened the shift pressure its just where I want it.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Been trying to reach these guys for some general information about this talk of Ford warranty but no response.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Been trying to reach these guys for some general information about this talk of Ford warranty but no response.
They answer everytime i call.
Sponsored