Sponsored

Listening to Phone Messages-ability to modify content?

CindyC-IL

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Occupation
Business Systems Analyst
My question does not apply to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. When receiving text messages on my phone, ability to "hear" the message. When I do, it lists the full time (I think compared to Greenwich meantime), who from, and lists everyone that received the message (group texts). Then finally, I hear the message.

Is there the ability to have it just state the message? I really don't want to hear the rest of it.

I think all this extra info is new or some option changed as I don't recall it doing that previously.

Thanks
Cindy
Sponsored

Buddy

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Veteran
My question does not apply to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. When receiving text messages on my phone, ability to "hear" the message. When I do, it lists the full time (I think compared to Greenwich meantime), who from, and lists everyone that received the message (group texts). Then finally, I hear the message.

Is there the ability to have it just state the message? I really don't want to hear the rest of it.

I think all this extra info is new or some option changed as I don't recall it doing that previously.

Thanks
Cindy
I can't answer your question now, however, when I first received my 2021, I found it in settings somewhere. It worked and the only thing you heard was who it was from and the message. Since a system upgrade, I can't find how to cut that off. I don't need to know the time down to the seconds of a message. It's annoying and I'll be watching in case someone has the answer.