First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
egads... I've survived this long avoiding Twitter. Is this what I need to stoop to in order to get customer service for my $75k truck?
So true I feel like I already need to learn so much about this truck and all the things all the folks here talk about and if I have issues then I'll have to learn the ropes dealing with Ford and now add Twitter. Where will it end? I don't even know if I have any serious issue, (1500 miles) but I don't want to find out miles from home on a road trip, so I need to educate myself. I guess I bought a new truck and gave myself a new hobby.
Sponsored

PMCJR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Not red, gray. Kenny Ross in Adamsburg, .PA. Any buddy test drive this vehicle at Kenny Ross South? If so I would really like to speak with you.

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
I’ve filed a buy back with Ford. My dealership and I are puzzled at all the small but consistent electrical issues my truck has had. I’m really hoping Ford does the right thing and allows me to trade in (at no cost to me) my F-150 for another truck. I was torn between a 2021 F-250 Tremor and my lariat, now that I’m having issues I’ve decided I’m done with my truck and hope to be ordering my tremor soon. I’ll keep you all posted.
I’ve been having all kinds of electrical issues with dead batteries crash assist activating when driving down the highway with no one around you name it it’s happened I have shifter issues and now the dealership is at a loss as to what to do to fix it so they advise me to proceed with the buyback process just not sure I won’t get another problem truck from hell

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues 228A0CAB-1C00-47D6-86CE-35082E5B1069

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues 1B462658-9828-4FC4-A2A0-165499C37901

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues 2F7095B6-9F13-480D-84A1-E309490E91E4

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues 79AEAFA7-87F6-4FB6-8FA1-D653B93B61D0

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues ADB5A4E1-C5E0-4D78-90AF-EEA1D37E4B02

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues BAF985C4-6B6F-410D-8693-742DA4EBBADE

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues B0260AE7-D780-4692-BDE8-7F7CAC113DD2

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Wow, I ordered my Platinum three days ago and y'all are are making me have second thoughts. This will be my first Ford and most expensive vehicle.
This ole timer has had several Fords over the years. Like you, after reading these post I think? damn I’ve been lucky. Nah, Ford makes a good product, the service people you deal with will make the difference. Currently own the F150 Power Boost Hybrid with the 7.2 kw generator. Best, quickest, smoothest riding truck I’ve ever been in. Could only afford the XLT model and I can’t imagine what the Lariat or Platinum model may offer that would be worth this old mans retirement. Ford really should pressure the dealership to 1) work together and share info on location of product demands, 2) ensure quality of service be their number ONE priority, and, 3) offer up free service visits for the first two years like Toyota. After all every time I go for service I look and dream about new models on show room floor.

hera87

First Name
Hernan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues image

Only issue so far is that my center screen menu area at the bottom won’t render anymore.

Dealer had me reset it a few times by disconnecting the battery, etc and it won’t come back. I have to take it back on Saturday to have them check it out.

Any ideas? Looks hardware related to me.

Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
image.jpg

Only issue so far is that my center screen menu area at the bottom won’t render anymore.

Dealer had me reset it a few times by disconnecting the battery, etc and it won’t come back. I have to take it back on Saturday to have them check it out.

Any ideas? Looks hardware related to me.
My bet is that you're going to need a new display.

Dewayne

First Name
Dewayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 2020 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired
I’m hoping to compile a list of issues that people have experienced thus far. Let’s keep it simple, 1,2,3 format and basic issue. See my example below. Hopefully this will help recognize trending issues.

2021 F-150 Lariat
3.5L EB 4x4

Dealer fixed:
1. Transfer case malfunctioning @ 800 miles
2. DS master window switch fault (one touch not working/won’t roll up or down all the way)

Needs addressed:
3. Alarm triggered randomly
4. Heated steering wheel doesn’t stay hot (10 minutes)
5. Memory seat doesn’t always adjust correctly
I am getting really nervous reading all of this. Will be picking my truck up in six days. Do I need to rethink a 70+ thousand dollar decision?

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
I am getting really nervous reading all of this. Will be picking my truck up in six days. Do I need to rethink a 70+ thousand dollar decision?
No, you need to realize that this is a new generation of Ford F-150's with a lot of new tech and features. Ford will stand by any issues that need fixed and get it done. Sadly with all the crap going on in the world things may not get done as fast as you want. The Ford F-150 is still a great truck and always will be. You can go to any of the other forums of other manufactures (Dodge, GMC, Chevy etc.) and you are going to find owners having issues. These are mechanical devices with moving parts and computer tech like we have never seen in the past. Things can and will happen, mine has been flawless so far and I hope yours is too

Dewayne

First Name
Dewayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150 2020 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the encouraging words.
No, you need to realize that this is a new generation of Ford F-150's with a lot of new tech and features. Ford will stand by any issues that need fixed and get it done. Sadly with all the crap going on in the world things may not get done as fast as you want. The Ford F-150 is still a great truck and always will be. You can go to any of the other forums of other manufactures (Dodge, GMC, Chevy etc.) and you are going to find owners having issues. These are mechanical devices with moving parts and computer tech like we have never seen in the past. Things can and will happen, mine has been flawless so far and I hope yours is too
Thanks for the encouraging words. I am moving forward picking up my new truck. My concern also is I am two hours away from a reputable Ford dealer if something goes wrong.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Boss Man
Adding my two issues to the list

2021 F150 XLT Powerboost

1. Random Charging System Service Soon error usually on first startup of the day
2. Backup camera does not work, black screen followed by

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues F150_camera_issue_small

Resolution

Dealer performed service on loose battery connection which seems to have resolved both issues. At least it was nothing serious.

Last edited:

dhectorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Occupation
IT
Please include what trim and engine you have in addition to problem info.

Ranger1955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Adding my issue: 2021 F150 XLT with 3.5 Ecoboost, 1500 miles

Automatic AC system occasionally fails to cool, and the cabin gets hot. Has only happened a couple of times. Nothing seems to correct the problem short of shutting off the truck, wait a few minutes then start it back up. Very intermittent problem, no particular causal factor that I can determine (outside temp, drive time, etc.). Truck has been to the shop, and they ran complete diagnostics on AC system, checked pressures, etc. They kept it overnight and ran diagnostics a 2nd time. Cannot duplicate problem. They suggest I bring it to them when the problem happens, but unlikely to be able to do that since the problem is very intermittent. Lots of warranty left, but still this is a new vehicle...

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
1900 miles on mine. Yesterday morning when I started the truck in my driveway I got a whole bunch of Service Advancetrac and Hill Descent Control Fault shit on my dash as well as a red check brake system message. Went away after about 5 seconds. I'm assuming just a glitch where a sensor took a few seconds to boot up or something. Otherwise truck is flawless.