First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
"Reverse Brake Assist Not Available" error message
Rough Idle
I had this a couple of times. I found that while my rear hatch was closed, it wasn’t closed hard enough. That solved it.
Sponsored

AAdkins

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
GC
New to forum, first post; thanks for all the great info folks.

I've had my 21 platinum hybrid for 2 months now and wonder if anyone else has had this strange glitch:

'Recents' in navigation stopped updating after the first 8 destinations. That is to say, when I pull up Recents I see the same 8 destinations every time... the first 8 destinations I ever put into the system. I have tried:
1. Clearing all manually (one at a time),
2. Performing a 'clear recents' in the Nav privacy settings,
3. Performing a 'clear account data' in the Nav privacy settings,
4. Performing a 'restore factory settings' in the Nav privacy settings,
5. Performing a master reset and FordPass reset in the General settings.

All of these will result in the recents being cleared immediately and for the remainder of the current trip. BUT, when I turn the truck off and back on, the same original 8 destinations pop back up in recents.

Very strange... I'm guessing it's some kind of cloud issue since master reset should basically clear the board in the truck itself, right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Otherwise, I really like the truck (despite of my dealer screwing up the order and giving me only 2.4kw instead of the 7.2kw on-board power I asked for).

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Any updates to the alarm going off all the time?, quite tired of this
There is a service bulletin on this. The dealer needs to update the BCM software. It takes less than an hour and solved the problem for me,

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
Apparently mine is missing chips:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

sdjcherring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
2021 F-150 Lariat owner since February.
1. Navigation is all screwed up. After only a few minutes of uninterrupted driving, the NAV screen cursor gets ahead of my actual location. Then it takes me off the road, through water, woods, shopping malls...
2. Every time i start the truck, the Pro Power Onboard has to be switched off or the inverter blower will run and sound like A?C is running in the back wide open.
3. Reverse assist error message pops up constantly.
4. When starting the truck, Display on the touchscreen will be on something other than what it was on when i shut off the truck.
5. Car play bugs sporadically.

PeterD16

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Really minor but frustrating, radio presets revert back to two sets each time I start the truck after I program more than eight stations.
I’m not sure if you’ve been able to find a solution to this issue yet, but I thought I’d let you know that I may have found one. I too was having this issue. This past week, I ended up doing a reset on sync. This cleared everything out and I then reprogrammed everything. (I had to call SiriusXM to get their programming reconnected too). Instead of setting my iphone up, I decided to program all radio presets first (5 pages worth). Then I set the phone up for wired connectivity. After a day of no issues, I then set the phone up for wireless CarPlay. After a week, the radio presets have not reverted to showing only 2 pages like they previously did. The last time I set this all up, I connected the iPhone for wireless CarPlay right away and then set up radio presets. I believe that it was possible that this could be what was causing the issues.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ok here we go.

2021 F150 3.5 Lariat (2500 miles)

1) Rust underneath
2) Rough Idle
3) Pedal Vibration
4) bucking/shaking during acceleration
5) Pre-collision assist warning not available/front camera error goes off daily
6) Rough shifting

The dealer where I bought is busy and can't get to it until May 24th so won't be surprised if something else pops up.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Battery went into "Deep Sleep" mode and now I've got the Trailer Brake module failed error.
Also have a rattle somewhere in the drivers door panel or A pillar.

Edit: Has anyone had issues with range on the Homelink transmitter? Mine seems to only work when I'm at the door already.

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Also have a rattle somewhere in the drivers door panel or A pillar.
There have been a couple of others that have found their side mirrors were tight enough.
may be able to pop that little triangle piece of plastic off the door and snug up the mirror bolts.—I believe there are 4.

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Compass is on and off and the engine shut off does not work but I always turned it off before I drove.

PMCJR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
2021 super cab F150 8ft bed, 5L. purchased 5/11/21. Drove 8 miles home, sat 1 day 5/12/21. Next day 5/13/21 started in the morning 36 degrees, no heat. Looked under hood no anti freeze in reservoir and none on hoses or around engine compartment or on the ground. Drove 8 miles back to dealer, they filled it, hole in radiator half way down, hole in hose going to core, TSB on heater problem. less than 26 miles on truck. 3-4 days to get parts (hopefully) plus repair time. Don't know of any other problems yet, haven't had time to find them but not a good start.

Update: 5/19/2021, still no parts. Have filed a claim with Ford Customer care and been waiting 3 days for them to return my calls. What an outfit Ford has turned into.

Last edited:

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
2021 super cab F150 8ft bed, 5L. purchased 5/11/21. Drove 8 miles home, sat 1 day 5/12/21.
nice to see another Super with a real box.
quite happy with mine (301a).
rides nice and is quiet at speed.
averaging around 20mpg.
I must be one of the lucky ones—no issues so far
Is yours one of the red ones in the order list?
Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues B4C99FB9-6D27-47F0-A7DD-EDF07E6CF55D

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
UPDATE
Left truck at airport for 6 days, started right up upon return, so assuming the TSB 21-2097 flash update fixed the battery drain issue.

Also upon returning the dash is no longer rebooting, and my configured gauges stay put.

In fact, #3, #4, and #5 haven't come back since my return. And modem is still working.

All gremlins seem to have disappeared, maybe the truck just needed a good rest. I also received an OTA update, which may also have had some positive affect.
Glad to hear the patient (your truck) isn't terminal and seems to be on its way back. A lot of scary stories here & yours isn't even the worst. I wanted to ask you about modem and does that only work if I've signed up with att? How do you check that the modem is working or not. I've had my 3.5L EB since Feb 17 and seen nor heard anything about my truck updating or anything at all...
Sponsored