List your 2021 F-150 issues

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
I have almost 20k miles on my '21 Powerboost (3/21 build). I've been putting off making an appointment because I'll have a hard time living without it for days/weeks/months, but its time to get these things addressed. Local dealers are scheduled out until August, so hopefully she won't leave me stranded in the meantime.

*CEL: Exhaust Heat Exchanger codes (says its leaking but I don't detect any leaks) @13k

*"Power Reduced to Lower Engine Temp" several times during easy towing

*Fuel door pin and parts keep popping off

*Steering wheel button lights have never worked

*Speakers "POP" every time I push the Start button

*Random "Charging System Needs Serviced" warnings and 12V drain issues

* Driver's seat pops and clicks like its loose in the track since new

*Transmission shifting has increasingly gotten atrocious at low speeds (needs reset)

* Interior trim issues "since new"

*Recalls X3
Sponsored

charmnh

First Name
Harmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 King Ranch, 2018 F150 King Ranch , both 4x4
Occupation
Happily retired
2021 F150 Platinum
Dealer fixed:
Replaced Driveshaft ( sagging insulation) 4 months and one week to get parts.
Replaced battery after sitting for 4 months.

A/C now working intermittently. Next stop service department

DocBach

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
RN
similar Weird gas tank level issue. Anybody have insight.
I have just come off a 3000 mile trip with my 22 XLT 5.0 36 gallon tank. The fuel gage is not correct or the tank is not 36 gallons. I havnt been brave enough to try and run it past 0 miles available. Mine has been consistently acting like a 30 gallon tank. I run it down and fill it takes between 25 26 gallons under 100 miles left to drive. I’m getting between 18.6 mpg and 22.3 mpg at hwy speeds. Mileage computer is right for gallons consumed but. Says I’m empty with what should be 10 gallons left I did drive it down to 15 miles once and it took just under 30 gal to fill it.
obviouse question is do I have a 30 gal float or a 30 gallon tank? I did see a 30 gallon tank available on one model. In the order guide.
Mine was caused by a computer error. There was a bunch of problems related to the same error that got fixed when they updated it correctl.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
Mine was caused by a computer error. There was a bunch of problems related to the same error that got fixed when they updated it correctl.
OTA or dealer updates? Is urs a 21 or 22. sounds Like it was secondary to other software. Did u ask for a fix or did it just happen like a recalibration of the truck systems.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2021 F150 Platinum
Dealer fixed:
Replaced Driveshaft ( sagging insulation) 4 months and one week to get parts.
Replaced battery after sitting for 4 months.

A/C now working intermittently. Next stop service department
Hello there! Could you please send over a private message with your VIN, the name/location of your local Ford dealer, and some more details about your F-150's situation? I would like to see what I can do to assist.

Sponsored

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
Short story: I really wanted to love the truck for my family (we loved our 2018 F150 just needed a middle seat in the front). My wife got scared when our 2021 PowerBoost kept 'stalling' in intersection. Along with a few other complaints about fuel economy and length of time for service we traded in our truck for a smaller midsize crossover and my wife is very happy with it. I took the proceeds from the sale and bought a 1993 ranger for truck stuff. I now have no payment and no problems* (other than any 29 year old vehicle would have).

Good luck to you all, I might try a 2025 depending on how things go...

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Short story: I really wanted to love the truck for my family (we loved our 2018 F150 just needed a middle seat in the front). My wife got scared when our 2021 PowerBoost kept 'stalling' in intersection. Along with a few other complaints about fuel economy and length of time for service we traded in our truck for a smaller midsize crossover and my wife is very happy with it. I took the proceeds from the sale and bought a 1993 ranger for truck stuff. I now have no payment and no problems* (other than any 29 year old vehicle would have).

Good luck to you all, I might try a 2025 depending on how things go...
Cant blame you one little bit! People do get tired of having problems with their expensive new vehicles, even if ford was supplying parts and fixes for in a timely fashion. Shame on Ford.

Tyson1969

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 5.0L
Occupation
Vice President - Hyster/Yale Forklifts
Just received my 2022 XLT FX4 5.0L V8, less than 100 miles. My only gripe so far and it's a big one, is the funny whining noise from the engine/transmission area that undulates with the engine RPM. Sounds like a belt, but I'm reading up that Ford considers it "Normal" and it's related to the straight cut gears with one of the transmission pumps. It's the most annoying sound ever and had I known about this issue, I would have bought a Dodge Ram or kept my 2013 F150. If this isn't addressed, this will be the last Ford I will ever buy. Didn't spend all this money and wait all this time to have a truck that makes embarrassing noises. Totally unacceptable Ford! Here's the forum thread that is specific to this issue:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/belt-noise.3008/

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I've been really lucky, I have some otherwise minor issues i'll take it in for at some point:

1) Drivers Tow Mirror randomly get stuck when folding out. Happens 70% of the time.
2) Same mirror also squeaks folding both ways and the auto dim only works when its dark. When I'm out in the country it dims completely but undims with the lights of the city. Makes the Mirror totally useless at night.
3)Clamshell around the steering column isn't snapped together properly
4)The main support pin for the tailgate step on the passengers side pops out when in use.
5) Sometimes non of the voice activation works. Like the Mic was never loaded.

Thats about it so far.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I’m hoping to compile a list of issues that people have experienced thus far. Let’s keep it simple, 1,2,3 format and basic issue. See my example below. Hopefully this will help recognize trending issues.

2021 F-150 Lariat
3.5L EB 4x4

Dealer fixed:
1. Transfer case malfunctioning @ 800 miles
2. DS master window switch fault (one touch not working/won’t roll up or down all the way)

Needs addressed:
3. Alarm triggered randomly
4. Heated steering wheel doesn’t stay hot (10 minutes)
5. Memory seat doesn’t always adjust correctly
It's all good down here in the South. No problems so far on 2021 rcsb FX4 4600 miles on 5.0 10 spd

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've been really lucky, I have some otherwise minor issues i'll take it in for at some point:

1) Drivers Tow Mirror randomly get stuck when folding out. Happens 70% of the time.
2) Same mirror also squeaks folding both ways and the auto dim only works when its dark. When I'm out in the country it dims completely but undims with the lights of the city. Makes the Mirror totally useless at night.
3)Clamshell around the steering column isn't snapped together properly
4)The main support pin for the tailgate step on the passengers side pops out when in use.
5) Sometimes non of the voice activation works. Like the Mic was never loaded.

Thats about it so far.
Hi there. These concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Csvt18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 SCEW (current), 2022 f150 (ordered)
Bumper misaligned from factory. Dearborn plant.

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues CA6B96CB-DCD0-4FDE-B44D-6FC66493FEB4

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues 194171A1-5C25-49EB-9700-65D0BAB12CDF

Horskrzy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost Hybrid
1 - Alarm Motion detection went off randomly one night (so far).
2 - A/C is lame (strength and coolness). My 2013 F-350 A/C blows away the brand new F-150 in this department (pun intentional).
3 - The power steering wheel failed to return to the preset position when the truck was started (one time so far). Turned off, restarted, and the issue was resolved.

Just got the truck 2 weeks ago. It looks like there's a good chance there will be many more to report. :-(

Thor’s Stormboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Area-51
similar Weird gas tank level issue. Anybody have insight.
I have just come off a 3000 mile trip with my 22 XLT 5.0 36 gallon tank. The fuel gage is not correct or the tank is not 36 gallons. I havnt been brave enough to try and run it past 0 miles available. Mine has been consistently acting like a 30 gallon tank. I run it down and fill it takes between 25 26 gallons under 100 miles left to drive. I’m getting between 18.6 mpg and 22.3 mpg at hwy speeds. Mileage computer is right for gallons consumed but. Says I’m empty with what should be 10 gallons left I did drive it down to 15 miles once and it took just under 30 gal to fill it.
obviouse question is do I have a 30 gal float or a 30 gallon tank? I did see a 30 gallon tank available on one model. In the order guide.
This is interesting because I always assumed that due to it being a full size truck that the “reserve” in the tank was larger than sedans. I came from a ‘17 Civic Si and when the range said 0 miles I had a MAX of 30 miles past that. When I topped off after driving past 0 my fill-up was pretty much the exact size of my fuel tank.
Whenever I’ve gotten to 0 miles on my F-150, it’s about 32gallons to top off. I’m also not one of those people that forces more fuel into the tank after the auto shutoff. I’ve always just thought I have 80 miles past 0 range for the truck. I have not reset my trip B numbers since i bought the vehicle and after 18k+ miles I’m at 19.7 MPG. XLT, 3.5 eco, 4x4 SCSB for reference

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I’m hoping to compile a list of issues that people have experienced thus far. Let’s keep it simple, 1,2,3 format and basic issue. See my example below. Hopefully this will help recognize trending issues.

2021 F-150 Lariat
3.5L EB 4x4

Dealer fixed:
1. Transfer case malfunctioning @ 800 miles
2. DS master window switch fault (one touch not working/won’t roll up or down all the way)

Needs addressed:
3. Alarm triggered randomly
4. Heated steering wheel doesn’t stay hot (10 minutes)
5. Memory seat doesn’t always adjust correctly
Drivers door misaligned a touch at top. Adjusted and BAM nothing else to report 2021 rcsb FX4
Sponsored