Sponsored

List your 2021 F-150 issues

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My truck lurches forward very aggressively from a stop and recently when I was trying to creep forward waiting to merge .. the driver in front of me stopped unexpectedly due to a car changing lanes into the one they were merging into and I tapped their bumper.. $1300in damage to my truck.. I was so embarrassed. and I may need a new cruise control sensor it didnt work after the accident so I unplugged it and plugged back in. Works for now.. I turned off auto hold so that I don’t have to tap dance with my feet in traffic. Not to mention the anti collision system didn’t work. I’m not a bad driver. I had only one other at fault accident 10 years ago and that was due to an icy bridge.

Honorable mentions
- clunky shifting
- radio resets randomly at start up
- turn signal auto off on right turns does not work
- shifter is hard to use.. feels cheap
-poor design on the fuel door lock can tell that won’t last.

when I brought it home it had to go back for a factory paint issue w the passenger door. The dealer made it right but it took about 3 weeks. I’m feeling pretty burnt out on my truck. I’ve only put about 3000 miles on it.
Out of curiosity, what was the paint issue on your passenger door?
Sponsored

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Out of curiosity, what was the paint issue on your passenger door?
Paint was almost like flat.. clear coat was messed up like they didn’t wet sand properly. I didn’t notice right away until I hand washed and pulled in the garage I saw on an angle there was no reflection on a good size spot on the door I’ll attach a photo. Look above powerboost logo.

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues ADA39769-75E3-41BD-8DEF-E232BC302AD3

They also fixed this crack in the paint
Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues 88B621F9-277D-4CA6-A3F4-A2553D6F8B72

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Paint was almost like flat.. clear coat was messed up like they didn’t wet sand properly. I didn’t notice right away until I hand washed and pulled in the garage I saw on an angle there was no reflection on a good size spot on the door I’ll attach a photo. Look above powerboost logo.

ADA39769-75E3-41BD-8DEF-E232BC302AD3.jpeg

They also fixed this crack in the paint
88B621F9-277D-4CA6-A3F4-A2553D6F8B72.jpeg
Thanks. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they made it right. Mine goes in today for a few things as well. I’ve had it since January and have been waiting for any recalls to come out before taking it in.

hopefully , this visit addresses most of my issues

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
yep they did make it right.. I bought the truck about 80mi from where I live due to supply issues and they picked up and delivered me a loaner. So can’t say anything bad about the dealer.

but then I wrecked it about 2 months later so it’s back in the body shop been there over a week waiting on simple parts?

I’ll ask Ford to address my other issues at first oil change at my local dealer.. we will see how that goes.

good luck to you and hopefully your dealer fixes your issues.

Thanks. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they made it right. Mine goes in today for a few things as well. I’ve had it since January and have been waiting for any recalls to come out before taking it in.

hopefully , this visit addresses most of my issues

RandyNC

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost FX4 7.2kW Pro Power
Occupation
Tech Director
After taking delivery I noticed my passenger side doors are slightly out of alignment. Anyone else experience this and did you resolve or have the dealer resolve?

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues Truck door alignment

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
The dam gas peddle vibrations are horrible for $70,000 luxury vehicle.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
After taking delivery I noticed my passenger side doors are slightly out of alignment. Anyone else experience this and did you resolve or have the dealer resolve?
I have a SuperCab XLT
The doors on the passenger side look similar to yours.
Driver side—not so noticeable, but there.

Truck is quiet with no door rattles, or wind noise at all with windows up.
for this reason I have no issues with the mis alignment.

Still better than any of my 60s & 70s cars by a long shot

AFK86

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Fx4
Occupation
Firefighter
The dam gas peddle vibrations are horrible for $70,000 luxury vehicle.
My whole truck feels like it’s driving on a gravel road at any speed. Vibrates the worst at 75 and 35.

rough idle as well.

Goes in on Friday

QA22

First Name
Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Sales Leader
Anyone else seen this? I usually leave it in Eco for road trips and typically haven't had issues but recently, for whatever reason the green from Eco won't go away in "Normal" mode.
Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues Guage

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Anyone else seen this? I usually leave it in Eco for road trips and typically haven't had issues but recently, for whatever reason the green from Eco won't go away in "Normal" mode.
There's an option under settings for "Eco in Normal" or something like that. Uncheck the box and it will go away

Sponsored

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
2021 Platinum F150 Powerstroke

My View randomly resets to default setting.

Rear sliding window rattles from speakers and weatherstripping is not touching window.

Loud pop from speakers when opening door and radio display turn on.

Engine idles rough when in park but smooth in drive.

The common rough shifting everyone else has and harsh clunk when downshifting from 10th.

atc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum hybrid
Occupation
sales
platinum powerboost owned about a month
So far my main issue is 4wd almost an error every morning I keep it in awd and it kicks itself back to 2wd and I cant select drive modes. Drive for a bit shutoff, no error and back in AWD.
The only other glitch is sometimes running boards a mind of there own 1 up and 1 down

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 GC-Trailhawk V8, '21 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Beatnik
(Been a LONG time since I've been on the forum...)

No huge problems with my F-150 Lariat (KC build) except those of my own making (much to learn, being my first truck). Still waiting since MARCH for a wiring harness that needs to be replaced (darned mouse!) that doesn't effect driving.

I've noticed it rough idling while in gear at lights somewhat. I did have the A/C not blow ONE time a while back. Didn't have the trouble again.

Overall, it still runs/rides like a luxury vehicle! Very comfortable ride. Really a great buy IMO.

Glad I bought the Guard two-tone! (I noticed the 2022 are discontinuing that color)

Mike D

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT sport 302A
Occupation
Gov
1. Truck came two quarts low of transmission fluid from KC factory, noticed it at 7.5K miles.
2.Unable to toggle switch to automatic updates, version says "revision".??

DocBach

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
RN
2021 F150 Lariat 502a 5.0 v8

gas gauge inaccurate. With a full tank it tells me I have a 300 mile DTE despite having a 18 avg mpg and a 36 gal tank. It shows roughly double the fuel expended; when I filled when it showed it was at three-quarters tank, it only took four gallons.

cruise control doesn’t work. Regular cruise control does nothing when I try to turn it on, adaptive cruise control chimes three times and it gives me an error saying it is unavailable. Lane assist functions do not turn on at all.

I’ve got an appointment at the dealership close to my place in OR to get it checked out next month, hoping the problems can be remedied before I have to drive back to WA in March.
Sponsored