Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
What was the fix or cause for #7 and 8?
I'm having issue with #8 but cleared after turn off wait few minutes start and problem goes away.
#7 & 8 are still a bit of a mystery actually. I've noticed that my fan speed is a bit wonky... When set to speed 1, it sometimes blows just like it would at speed 4+. Someone else had mentioned in another thread some AC/Climate issues and it sounded like they had a new climate control module put in by the dealer and all is well now. I'll be talking to my dealership about this when I get time and hopefully get that item resolved.
Sponsored

Indiana2021F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have a Lariat 5.0. Took delivery mid-July. Was built at Kansas City.

Issues:
**Clicking noise when applying brakes above 20 mph. It is not a squeak but like a relay click. Also does not occur when brake vacuum is “full”

**Paint chip THAT WAS COVERED WITH TOUCHUP AND CLEAR COAT PEN AT FACTORY. Right on A pillar at driver side so you get to see every day to remind you that it is totally ok for the factory to use a touch up pen on $64k vehicle before it gets to a customer.

**Rear seats scratched prior to delivery. Dealer will replace soon.

**Right rear door panel looks like a feral animal was allowed to run loose across it and scratch it up.

Indiana2021F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have a Lariat 5.0. Took delivery mid-July. Was built at Kansas City.

Issues:
**Clicking noise when applying brakes above 20 mph. It is not a squeak but like a relay click. Also does not occur when brake vacuum is “full”

**Paint chip THAT WAS COVERED WITH TOUCHUP AND CLEAR COAT PEN AT FACTORY. Right on A pillar at driver side so you get to see every
Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues E7AE6743-C565-4D0C-9387-ABE05967FE33
day to remind you that it is totally ok for the factory to use a touch up pen on $64k vehicle before it gets to a customer.

**Rear seats scratched prior to delivery. Dealer will replace soon.

**Right rear door panel looks like a feral animal was allowed to run loose across it and scratch it up.

lostmimic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Subaru Impreza, SOON 2021 F150 XLT
A T fitting in the coolant system failed by the passenger side between the front and back seats leaked out allll the coolant.

5 hours waiting on a tow from AAA to get it to a dealership. They tell me the part is on nation wide back order but a larger module that includes it is not so they are ordering that and harvesting.

I am scheduled to move/drive 1500+ miles on Friday so really hoping this gets sorted out before then...

This is truck #2 after truck #1 got stuck in boneyard hell for months.

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues leak

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Anyone get a sense of the accuracy of the Ford Pass maintenance warnings (e.g., antilock brake fault, [whatever] fault, etc..)? There seem to be a lot of us who have received these messages once. @Hambone apparently has had numerous warnings that Ford techs couldn't resolve; I'm wondering if the sensitivity of these warnings need to be tweaked.

Sponsored

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Home Inspector
Anyone get a sense of the accuracy of the Ford Pass maintenance warnings (e.g., antilock brake fault, [whatever] fault, etc..)? There seem to be a lot of us who have received these messages once. @Hambone apparently has had numerous warnings that Ford techs couldn't resolve; I'm wondering if the sensitivity of these warnings need to be tweaked.
Ford Pass app definitely didn't show all of these issues. It was only once the service manager connected to my truck that we found most of the other faults aside from those unrelated to electronics. I think that the app certainly could be improved upon to show any and all errors that get data logged by the truck.

succeed23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ford Pass app definitely didn't show all of these issues. It was only once the service manager connected to my truck that we found most of the other faults aside from those unrelated to electronics. I think that the app certainly could be improved upon to show any and all errors that get data logged by the truck.
Ah OK. Have any of those issues been resolved?

I feel like I'm getting a lot of false positives with the app.

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Home Inspector
Ah OK. Have any of those issues been resolved?

I feel like I'm getting a lot of false positives with the app.
I would say the dealership has taken care of 90% of my issues. I just haven't had time to leave my truck with the dealer for another day+ to take care of the rest.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Well my ford pass had over 50 pre-collidion front camera errors. The dealer said they didn't shoe up during their "test" so I ended up going to a second dealership.

After over 4 months the front camera finally showed up and will be replaced next week.

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
My truck lurches forward very aggressively from a stop and recently when I was trying to creep forward waiting to merge .. the driver in front of me stopped unexpectedly due to a car changing lanes into the one they were merging into and I tapped their bumper.. $1300in damage to my truck.. I was so embarrassed. and I may need a new cruise control sensor it didnt work after the accident so I unplugged it and plugged back in. Works for now.. I turned off auto hold so that I don’t have to tap dance with my feet in traffic. Not to mention the anti collision system didn’t work. I’m not a bad driver. I had only one other at fault accident 10 years ago and that was due to an icy bridge.

Honorable mentions
- clunky shifting
- radio resets randomly at start up
- turn signal auto off on right turns does not work
- shifter is hard to use.. feels cheap
-poor design on the fuel door lock can tell that won’t last.

when I brought it home it had to go back for a factory paint issue w the passenger door. The dealer made it right but it took about 3 weeks. I’m feeling pretty burnt out on my truck. I’ve only put about 3000 miles on it.

Sponsored

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Stop Start Works half the time
Compass on screen is frozen on NE
Trans Temp Sensor works only after the engine is shut off
Radio station display is fouled up
Reading some of these posts here makes me understand why Ram is Truck of the Year for the third year in a row. I would have bought one but finding a single cab was near impossible.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
When I hit bumps at low speed it sometimes feels like the wheel is hoping rapidly…. Tires are at recommended psi of 36 but wondering if that’s too high.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
8 month and a little over 6000 miles.
Platinum PowerBoost FX4 with 7.2 kW

Left rear door sticks a bit
Had a piece of soft heat shielding come partially loose and touch drive shaft. Bent it a bit and is fine now.
Have not been to the dealers other than to purchase it.

twelpo19

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Rach, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Consultant
I have 7,800 miles and been impressed. The only issues to date is the rust on bottom, (very bad and at 750 miles cleaned up myself) and the radio that seems to always go back to Hits 1 (why do not know). Oh I do wish the LED fog lights went out more than about 12 feet as they are useless for driving . Been looking at upgrading but can't find a replacement.

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues IMG_2217

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Hello everyone; still waiting for my F150 LARIAT 5.0 SCREW from KCAP. I’m reading here and the biggest thing I see is that 3 main factors are missing to pin point main; 1) what trim do you have, 2) what engine do you have and 3) where was it built?????

I’m trying to put a list of issues to check for when I do get my truck. It’s hard to figure out which trucks ? have problems with out knowing the 3 factors I listed above.

Please mention the 3 things I listed. Thanks
Sponsored