First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
My auto start-stop quit working, and my backup camera stays on at any speed until I manually turn it off.
Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
My auto start-stop quit working,
There are many conditions that need to be met for this to operate normally. Did you check the start/stop screen in the instrument cluster when the feature is not working? It should give you a status message to let you know what’s up.

When mine quits working it is usually my battery level is low and gives the “vehicle is charging” message on the screen.

Rshmm

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT
There are many conditions that need to be met for this to operate normally. Did you check the start/stop screen in the instrument cluster when the feature is not working? It should give you a status message to let you know what’s up.

When mine quits working it is usually my battery level is low and gives the “vehicle is charging” message on the screen.
I noticed my 21 uses auto start stop less frequently than my 16. My 16 2.7 XLT would shut off at most stop lights with climate on and low fan. My 21... the climate controls need to be all off for it to shut off like my old 16 did.

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
have noticed a noise from the transmission in gears 4-7, it happens just before it shifts...sounds like a humming noise. I assume it’s normal. Not sure if anyone here has heard it
I also began to notice a weird noise when going from 5 to 6. It can get loud for a bit and it sounds like something is grinding. It will go away after and will randomly come back.

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6.5' Powerboost
2021 Platinum Powerboost 6.5” bed. Picked up 3/31/21. Didn’t make it more than 5 miles before limping it back. Issues include:
  • Total loss of power steering.
  • Total loss of power braking.
  • Notice of powertrain failure.
  • Loss of heated / cooled seats.
  • Many voltage errors and alerts.
  • Loss of A/C system.
  • Ground fault on ProPower that immediately reset.
So I guess I have an electrical disaster... dealer has had it for four days, they have no diagnosis yet.

Added screenshot to give you a taste of the pain. ?

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues C80F5296-F6FC-49E4-8233-8D7F7942CD6E

Sponsored

Old fart

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F150 Lariat, 2018 Explorer, 1975 John Deere
Occupation
Retired
After seeing all the ongoing problems I'm becoming increasingly gun shy of even accepting my new one when it comes in. I was hoping as time went on some of this would go away, but it seems to be getting worse!

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
I was able to get out of mine via lemon law and am now waiting for my f250 tremor to be built, I am nervous about the quality control and overall build quality that I may experience with the new f250 too

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Ordered mine a week ago (Supercab Lariat 5.0 301A plus tow, tow tech, console, copiolot 360 - did not get the active prep, that seems scary to me). Hopefully won’t have some of the issues reported here, although a couple are easy/known changes.

- 2021’s trailer assist is different and does not work with the stickers anymore. If you have multiple trailers you have to get multiple modules (hopefully not too expensive). I guess one perk is it should automatically recognize which trailer you are using if it has been previously calibrated.

- Intelligent cruise control can be turned off in settings. The manual does say it can potentially pick up off ramp or frontage road speed signs so the behavior reported sounds expected. They should have a warning and opportunity to cancel a speed change and not just do it though.

Fortunately we don’t get much rust here in CA and all the trucks at the dealers around here seemed rust free, may plan on adding some protection anyway.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Would it be possible to connect to Ford pass on your phone before taking delivery of your new truck?

If so, how long will it take.

I’m thinking for the folks that haven’t picked up their new truck yet, it would give you a lot of insight if you could just see what Ford pass says before you even do any kind of inspection on the actual truck.

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’d suggest a 15 mile test drive
After seeing all the ongoing problems I'm becoming increasingly gun shy of even accepting my new one when it comes in. I was hoping as time went on some of this would go away, but it seems to be getting worse!
Would it be possible to connect to Ford pass on your phone before taking delivery of your new truck?

If so, how long will it take.

I’m thinking for the folks that haven’t picked up their new truck yet, it would give you a lot of insight if you could just see what Ford pass says before you even do any kind of inspection on the actual truck.
yes but you can’t activate it until you’re with the car. I mean, it’s technically possible but dealer won’t do it.

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
CarPlay just up and quit a couple days ago.
CarPlay icon has completely vanished, I suppose back to RAMP 59.
Nice it didn’t take the whole truck with it
If you connect to Sync 4 with bluetooth CarPlay will go away. Here is how to turn it back on.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I’d suggest a 15 mile test drive

yes but you can’t activate it until you’re with the car. I mean, it’s technically possible but dealer won’t do it.
Well would I be able to do it myself while I was taking it out for a test drive or are you saying there’s information or authorization I need from the dealer to activate it?

Hivolt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 super crew, max tow, 400hp 302
Well would I be able to do it myself while I was taking it out for a test drive or are you saying there’s information or authorization I need from the dealer to activate it?
As soon as i got my vin I put it into the Fordpass app and my truck showed up, couldn't do anything at that point though. Need to be at the truck to authorize it before you can see any real info.

bigskydu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In theory I believe you could do that, but I would not do that. :)

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Sure sounds like grounds for invoking the lemon-law. Good luck.
I picked up the truck last week from the dealership after they had it for 25 days. They fixed many items but some are still present and they are now ordering a new center screen with module. When I was driving it home though, a few new issues cropped up. Trip #4 is now coming up and total days out of service is 27 so I may pursue the lemon-law and get me a "new" new truck.
Sponsored