First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Right now my main annoyance is that with the key ibn accessory, every damn light in the cabin is lit except for the ceiling.
I spend an hour or so just sitting in the truck in the parking lot before work.
(This is my "ME" time) Been doing this for years. No traffic to deal with early, no dog wanting all of my attention first thing in the morning, relax and sip on my coffee, listen to the stereo and maybe play on the internet.
After about 30 minutes, everything shuts off and makes me start the car.
Would be much nicer if the only thing that came on in ACCY was the stereo, windows and nothing else.

Also, for some reason this morning, my dome lamps and cargo lamps would not shut off even after about 5 minutes with the doors shut and locked.
Ended up opening the door, starting the truck, shutting it off, close the door and lock, then the lamps went out after about 30 seconds.

I wonder if----it is the cargo/interior lights draining the batteries.
Pretty sure that would do it overnight, if one did not check to see if they are off (not that you should have to).
Sponsored

Cal_jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT, 2013 Triumph Bonneville
My home screen on my cluster keeps resetting. not anything big but very annoying.

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Really minor but frustrating, radio presets revert back to two sets each time I start the truck after I program more than eight stations.
Haven’t tried that. But I’m always listening to my iPhone music

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
I've not noticed anything specifically wrong, though when I connected my truck to Ford OASIS Connected Vehicle, I was able to see my truck has been setting some codes which are reported OTA:

Ford F-150 List your 2021 F-150 issues 1614019715370

One common theme is it appears to be communicated related. The B1385 popped up today, otherwise the other four codes have been consistent since the 15th when I bought the truck. If I could access the GWM (Gateway Module), I'd check the connectors on it. However, it's buried in the center stack and it requires a significant amount of disassembly to get at it. So far, no warnings or alerts in the cluster. I just picked up an OBDLink EX so I can scan the truck with Forscan.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Right now my main annoyance is that with the key ibn accessory, every damn light in the cabin is lit except for the ceiling.
I spend an hour or so just sitting in the truck in the parking lot before work.
(This is my "ME" time) Been doing this for years. No traffic to deal with early, no dog wanting all of my attention first thing in the morning, relax and sip on my coffee, listen to the stereo and maybe play on the internet.
After about 30 minutes, everything shuts off and makes me start the car.
Would be much nicer if the only thing that came on in ACCY was the stereo, windows and nothing else.

Also, for some reason this morning, my dome lamps and cargo lamps would not shut off even after about 5 minutes with the doors shut and locked.
Ended up opening the door, starting the truck, shutting it off, close the door and lock, then the lamps went out after about 30 seconds.

I wonder if----it is the cargo/interior lights draining the batteries.
Pretty sure that would do it overnight, if one did not check to see if they are off (not that you should have to).
There is a max idle time in the settings. I assumed it’s for when the vehicle is running but not moving. Maybe try turning that off and see if it lets you sit longer than 30min without requiring you to turn it on. Long shot but who knows.

Sponsored

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Both of my current fords (an 18 and a 19) allow you to push the radio power button button to turn the radio back on after this happens without having to turn the ignition on. You might want to try that.

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
Idk if it’s just me but anyone else notice the driveline is a little clunky when slowing down/accelerating from steady speed. I know the transmission downshift while slowing down and I’m used to that in my other vehicles but I notice it’s noisier than I expected.

Normally I wouldn’t be so concerned but they’ve already had to replace my transfer case and it seems like I got a Friday/holiday truck considering the small issues I’ve already had ?

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Idk if it’s just me but anyone else notice the driveline is a little clunky when slowing down/accelerating from steady speed. I know the transmission downshift while slowing down and I’m used to that in my other vehicles but I notice it’s noisier than I expected.

Normally I wouldn’t be so concerned but they’ve already had to replace my transfer case and it seems like I got a Friday/holiday truck considering the small issues I’ve already had ?
Clunky and goofy shifting transmissions are a hallmark of an F150. I will admit the 2021 shifts far better than my old 2018, both have the 3.5L, but the 2021 is a PowerBoost. It is a truck though, with axle wrap, some slop in the gears and not always the most refined feeling transmission. Each generation seems to get better though, since my 2012 was pretty bad (drivetrain slop), 2018 was much better and the 2021 is better yet.

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
Clunky and goofy shifting transmissions are a hallmark of an F150. I will admit the 2021 shifts far better than my old 2018, both have the 3.5L, but the 2021 is a PowerBoost. It is a truck though, with axle wrap, some slop in the gears and not always the most refined feeling transmission. Each generation seems to get better though, since my 2012 was pretty bad (drivetrain slop), 2018 was much better and the 2021 is better yet.
Thanks for the info. I think I’m just paying extra attention to every noise now. It’s been 5 years since I had an F150 (last was a ‘12 FX4)

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info. I think I’m just paying extra attention to every noise now. It’s been 5 years since I had an F150 (last was a ‘12 FX4)
That's the same as what I had, a 2012 FX4 Special Edtion. This 2021 drives WAYYYY better than that truck did though, but Ford has a habit of not always having the most refined programming IMO. GM and Dodge for example do a far better job than Ford and this goes back to me driving Fords since the 90's. Occasionally they get one right, but it's few and far between, and usually a manual transmission car like a GT350. LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
That's the same as what I had, a 2012 FX4 Special Edtion. This 2021 drives WAYYYY better than that truck did though, but Ford has a habit of not always having the most refined programming IMO. GM and Dodge for example do a far better job than Ford and this goes back to me driving Fords since the 90's. Occasionally they get one right, but it's few and far between, and usually a manual transmission car like a GT350. LOL
The truck drives sooooo much better, I really like this truck a lot. Even more once my 4” lift gets here.
Side note: Ford did great going with tremec t-56, I love the way both my gt350 and gt350r shift. Very smooth and never had issues power shifting.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The truck drives sooooo much better, I really like this truck a lot. Even more once my 4” lift gets here.
Side note: Ford did great going with tremec t-56, I love the way both my gt350 and gt350r shift. Very smooth and never had issues power shifting.
I had a 17 GT350 and it was awesome. I miss that sound at 8k RPM... I want another one actually. Must resist.

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
I had a 17 GT350 and it was awesome. I miss that sound at 8k RPM... I want another one actually. Must resist.
I just sold my ‘17 R. My first was a ‘16 track pack. I miss them both but I moved to upstate NY and couldn’t justify driving it 5 months a year

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Rust on the rear end (which was mostly cleaned up at the dealership), but that’s been about it. I had 135 miles on my truck when I purchased it. I have a feeling it was selected for heavy duty QC at the plant, and then was driven a few times at the dealership. My point being that any issues were likely hashed out in that first 100 miles before I bought it. I’m okay with that.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Both of my current fords (an 18 and a 19) allow you to push the radio power button button to turn the radio back on after this happens without having to turn the ignition on. You might want to try that.
worked
THANKS
Sponsored