Sponsored

List your 2021 F-150 issues

cfg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
"Rear Belt Monitor Fault - Service Required"

"Adaptive Cruise Not Available" -- more often than not, something is wrong.

Instrument cluster resetting to default.
Sponsored

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
2021 King Ranch

1. Drivers seat bottom is way too small.
2. Alarm triggered randomly. (fixed my turning off sensors)
3. Seats loose memory.
4. Mirror memory adjusts then sticks and continues "bobbing" (for lack of better term).

Solution: It's going down the road after 1600ish miles. The dang seat is absolute misery. Everyone that has been behind the wheel immediately complains about the seat. The Lariat, XLT and STX(XL) seats fit fine. Maybe a King Ranch exclusive issue?

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
I’m hoping to compile a list of issues that people have experienced thus far. Let’s keep it simple, 1,2,3 format and basic issue. See my example below. Hopefully this will help recognize trending issues.

2021 F-150 Lariat
3.5L EB 4x4

Dealer fixed:
1. Transfer case malfunctioning @ 800 miles
2. DS master window switch fault (one touch not working/won’t roll up or down all the way)

Needs addressed:
3. Alarm triggered randomly
4. Heated steering wheel doesn’t stay hot (10 minutes)
5. Memory seat doesn’t always adjust correctly
A/C wouldn't come on. Had to stop, shut engine off, checked that all of the fuses were OK. Restarted AC worked?

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Lariat Sport SuperCrew:

1) Still sitting somewhere in Dearborn for the last three weeks.
I’m with you. Been FIVE weeks for me with no movement.

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
All of you don’t really have any big problems. My truck is going on week six in the shop. Drove it one week shut down six times. They have thrown many parts in it cannot figure it out. Last week they put in the hybrid transmission. That is one expensive part and that did not cure the problem. My dealer has placed a new order for truck exactly like mine. He is 99% sure that I am going to be in a brand new truck but who knows when that will be made. I haven’t sat in my truck since January 19.

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
All of you don’t really have any big problems. My truck is going on week six in the shop. Drove it one week shut down six times. They have thrown many parts in it cannot figure it out. Last week they put in the hybrid transmission. That is one expensive part and that did not cure the problem. My dealer has placed a new order for truck exactly like mine. He is 99% sure that I am going to be in a brand new truck but who knows when that will be made. I haven’t sat in my truck since January 19.
Lemon law in MN is 30 days in the shop. But I’m sure it’s a drawn out process. One of the headaches of being in the early-adopters club!

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer
Lemon law in MN is 30 days in the shop. But I’m sure it’s a drawn out process. One of the headaches of being in the early-adopters club!
Illinois lemon law is 30 business days which will be on Wednesday of this week for me.

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
I’ve filed a buy back with Ford. My dealership and I are puzzled at all the small but consistent electrical issues my truck has had. I’m really hoping Ford does the right thing and allows me to trade in (at no cost to me) my F-150 for another truck. I was torn between a 2021 F-250 Tremor and my lariat, now that I’m having issues I’ve decided I’m done with my truck and hope to be ordering my tremor soon. I’ll keep you all posted.

Last edited:

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
I’ve filed a buy back with Ford. My dealership and I are puzzled at all the small but consistent electrical issues my truck had had. I’m really hoping for does the right thing and allows me to trade in (at no cost to me) my F-150 for another truck. I was torn between a 2021 F-250 Tremor and my lariat, now that I’m having issues I’ve decided I’m done with my truck and hope to be ordering my tremor soon. I’ll keep you all posted.
Can you tell me what issues you have had? Curious if they are similar issues with my truck.

My dealership just came and picked my truck up and gave me a loaner so I'll wait for what they find.

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
I’m hoping to compile a list of issues that people have experienced thus far. Let’s keep it simple, 1,2,3 format and basic issue. See my example below. Hopefully this will help recognize trending issues.

2021 F-150 Lariat
3.5L EB 4x4

Dealer fixed:
1. Transfer case malfunctioning @ 800 miles
2. DS master window switch fault (one touch not working/won’t roll up or down all the way)

Needs addressed:
3. Alarm triggered randomly
4. Heated steering wheel doesn’t stay hot (10 minutes)
5. Memory seat doesn’t always adjust correctly
Did the dealer say anything about the heated steering wheel? I've noticed the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
Did the dealer say anything about the heated steering wheel? I've noticed the same.
yes, it should stay hot consistently. Not on/off. Something like 80°-90° Is what they said.

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
yes, it should stay hot consistently. Not on/off. Something like 80°-90° Is what they said.
That I know. My 2018 stayed hot. Did they say they had a fix for it?

OP
OP

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
That I know. My 2018 stayed hot. Did they say they had a fix for it?
Nope, they would have to take it apart and get the part number before they can even order it. Parts department said they are on indefinite back order with no ETA. Same with window switch.

Gunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
Here are my issues as of 2 weeks of driving....

1. Intelligent Cruse.
a. Not sure what the official name is, but the steering capability will just stop and most of the time never work again until I restart the vehicle.

b. There is a section of highway on my way to work where the truck thinks the speed limit is 45mph instead of the posted 65mph which causes the truck to dramatically slow down and cars behind me to have to hit their brakes pretty quick. There is no means that I have found to turn off the speed limit function, I would rather just set my desired speed. There is also no means that I have found to submit a speed limit error to ford.

c. With the lane centering the vehicle seems to favor the right side of the line which makes it a little hairy with vehicles in the lane to my right. I have been inches from touching side mirrors.

2. No way to set a default drive mode. I have a hour commute to work and drive in Eco mode, truck always defaults to Normal mode, gets annoying having to remember to change it every day.

3. Radio UI is not user friendly. Why is the seat massage under settings and not vehicle features? The favorite tile has a limited selection you can assign to it and many options (like seat massage) are not able to be assigned. Also no means to have anything other than SYNC Nav be full screen. I have Android Auto daily and there is no way for that screen to be full screen.

4. Probably not really a ford issue but wireless android auto is a massive battery drain, the wireless charger in the F-150 is no match for the power drain so I am back to plugging in my phone. Plus the wireless charger seems to be real specific on phone placement, I am sure that rubber mat over the charger does not help.

5. This is not really an issue just my OCD I guess, but why did they not make the top of the center console arm rest a separate storage area, there is only the massive storage under the arm rest with a single sliding tray that cant fit much so now there is just an unorganized pile under the arm rest.

6. Sunroof shade and glass. The buttons to open and close these do not have the ability for a hard press to open or close fully like the windows do. SO when I want to open the sunroof, I have to press the cover button..... wait for it to go back half way..... hit it again to open fully.... then hit the sunroof glass button.... wait for it to vent.... hit the button again for it to open fully.

If I think of anything else I will let you all know.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Knocking on wood.... I haven't run across any issues yet.
Sponsored