First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 lariat
Occupation
Plumber
I’m hoping to compile a list of issues that people have experienced thus far. Let’s keep it simple, 1,2,3 format and basic issue. See my example below. Hopefully this will help recognize trending issues.

2021 F-150 Lariat
3.5L EB 4x4

Dealer fixed:
1. Transfer case malfunctioning @ 800 miles
2. DS master window switch fault (one touch not working/won’t roll up or down all the way)

Needs addressed:
3. Alarm triggered randomly
4. Heated steering wheel doesn’t stay hot (10 minutes)
5. Memory seat doesn’t always adjust correctly
My drivers side window switch did the same thing. Dealer fixed it though.
Sponsored

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
might just be a stamping issue.
I also have a SCab and both front door are outboard of the rear, only at the bottom. The rest of the door lines up just fine.
I do have a minor misalignment at the top of the doors on the passenger side. The alignment is a bit off height wise like one of the doors is not quite plumb, but only at the very top, verticals alignment everywhere else is just fine.
the push out on the bottoms of my doors is not really noticeable unless you scan down the side from the rear, but once I realized it was there, I see it all the time, but not too concerned about it.
Truck is dead nuts quiet at 80, so I’m okay.
Look at your rear doors, mine was off and adjusted by the dealer, but the little seal/flap catches, and now is pulling itself out of the door.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
How did you clear your seat memory settings? Or are you talking about the driver profiles that can be set through the Sync screen? I'm trying to clear my seat memory settings and haven't found a good way to do it yet. Because my truck is a powerboost, unplugging the battery has not worked - there is a secondary 12V battery that saves settings during power loss.
I was referring to clearing the user profile. You can delete it in the user profile screen.

Millb67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have a vibration feeling in the gas pedal. Even on cruise control it felt as if it was a power tool running. I took it to Ford. They actually acknowledged there was a vibration but went and told me it’s normal and it’s due to the adjustable pedals. Anyone else experiencing this??

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
My drivers side window switch did the same thing. Dealer fixed it though.
The auto function on my driver side window also just stopped working. Right before it failed, I couldn’t close my window; it would roll all the way up and then drop 2 inches. I had to reboot the truck to fix. I’m also not too pleased with how slow the windows are.

Sponsored

Pawheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Lariat 502a. One week in. So far only a couple of things

- My drivers side door handle sensor to lock the doors only works half the time. I have to touch the button/sensor multiple times to lock the door. One time couldn’t get it to lock. I used the key fob
- Car play bugs

Love the truck

Snowboarder_15

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Lariat 502a. One week in. So far only a couple of things

- My drivers side door handle sensor to lock the doors only works half the time. I have to touch the button/sensor multiple times to lock the door. One time couldn’t get it to lock. I used the key fob
- Car play bugs

Love the truck
This happens to me frequently as well. Hopefully it's a software issue that can be fixed.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
My sales guy showed how to hit the two bottom buttons on the keypad at the same time to get it to lock and unlock. So far it always works to lock it, so I've been doing that.
Now I know why he showed me that. Seems like it does it intentionally, like a firmware update will fix it at some point.
OK manual says do it for 1 sec and don't put hand inside handle. Have to try this.
Unlocking by putting hand in the handle seems to work, have to pull handle twice sometimes. Not sure about that feature yet. OK manual says not to do this too fast or wont work.
Funny the passenger button always seems to work to lock and unlock.
Wonder if this all part of the auto lock auto unlock feature which can be turned off. Have to test this too.
OK tried that and seems worse.
Yet a another feature I prob need to disable.
Crazy overcomplicated just to lock unlock. LOL

Last edited:

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Lariat Sport 5.0 SCREW

1- Alarm Motion detection going off randomly at night.
2- Center screen gets very hot

None of these issues have me racing to a dealer at the moment. I disabled motion for now. So I will wait and see if anything comes through for an OTA update.
There is a setting you can change to help alleviate false alarms. My alarm has gone off several times. watched the security feed from the house and found it was birds flying to close. Noticed a nest, so I now park on the otherside of driveway with no issue. These trucks monitor for movement inside the cab and have an outside proximity sensor.

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
2021 F-150 Lariat- windshield recall and Lumbar support not working when picked up from the dealer

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Make sure you aren’t touching the inside of the handle (unlock) when you touch the lock button. Once I realized this I never had the problem you described again.

Pawheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Make sure you aren’t touching the inside of the handle (unlock) when you touch the lock button. Once I realized this I never had the problem you described again.
Wow, that worked. Don’t put your hand near the inside of the handle. Thank you.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
3.5 EB
1500 miles

blue smoke coming out of tailpipe at start up. Needs to set a couple of hours to cool off I guess. After 10 seconds, exhaust clears up. I have some nice videos. My dealer is now waiting to hear from Ford Tech Service about how to proceed.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
"Reverse Brake Assist Not Available" error message
Rough Idle
Sponsored