• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Firebob462

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 f150, 1966 ford bronco
Received this from Koons Ford in Falls Church,Va:

If you would like to be one of the first 25 orders there will be a $30,000 market adjustment. All other orders will have a $10,000 market adjustment to the MSRP. We will not be honoring any plan pricing at this time.

The additional deposit required is $5,000 and will go towards the purchase of your vehicle. If you choose to cancel or not proceed with your order the deposit will be forfeited.

How would you like to proceed with your order? We can schedule a time for you to stop in or continue the process online.

What the actual f#$^%

If this is real... that email could cause a pr nightmare for ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Bud

LightninWanted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

If you would like to be one of the first 25 orders there will be a $30,000 market adjustment. All other orders will have a $10,000 market adjustment to the MSRP. We will not be honoring any plan pricing at this time.

The additional deposit required is $5,000 and will go towards the purchase of your vehicle. If you choose to cancel or not proceed with your order the deposit will be forfeited.

How would you like to proceed with your order? We can schedule a time for you to stop in or continue the process online.
I received similar email. Do you know of a good dealership to switch to?

Bud

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Engineer
I received similar email. Do you know of a good dealership to switch to?
No, going to start looking around now. Specially after seeing all the no markups in the country. I don't mind driving.

Bud

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Engineer
What the actual f#$^%

If this is real... that email could cause a pr nightmare for ford.
That's real. With a Reservation ID Number of 111416XX. Guess you have to pay the big money to get it first. Reservations don't mean anything.

Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger

Get out ahead of it and start tweeting this info out to Ford. Shine some light on it. At the minimum, the media should pick up on this. Shame on these greedy dealerships.

thefeelofcotton

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F-150
Occupation
Teacher

Purvis Ford in Fredericksburg, VA texted me and confirmed no markup on the Lightning

Stricken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Jim Click Ford in Tucson, Az is adding "Dealer adds" which includes things like $99 cup holders among others adding up to $1500

San Tan Ford in the Phoenix area is telling me they won't add anything.

Ephet

First Name
Japhet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350, 22 Lightning (reserved)
Koch 33 Ford in Easton, PA is not doing ADM at this moment.

Sponsored

kruss84

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Rav4 Prime XSE
Occupation
Architect of Pixels
Asheville Ford in North Carolina has confirmed MRSP for orders.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Im not getting a straight answer from my dealer (Vancouver Ford) about ADM. One guy says they only charge it on Mach E and Bronos orders that fall though but didn't know for Lighting. The guy he referred me to hasn't been responsive.

Called the next ford dealer over who said no ADM and was clear that there would be no prioritization there, time stay only. I asked about transferring my reservation and he said I would go to the back of the line. I repeated it back and he confirmed. They want to honor those who chose them first. I get that but has anyone heard of this before? Can they even do that? My understanding is that dealers can prioritize a set number but after that Ford will select "waves".

Last thing I want to do is switch, get pulled in an early wave (1 hour after announcement) and then have the dealer realize I switched and find a way to cancel my order.

Bud

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Engineer
Im not getting a straight answer from my dealer (Vancouver Ford) about ADM. One guy says they only charge it on Mach E and Bronos orders that fall though but didn't know for Lighting. The guy he referred me to hasn't been responsive.

Called the next ford dealer over who said no ADM and was clear that there would be no prioritization there, time stay only. I asked about transferring my reservation and he said I would go to the back of the line. I repeated it back and he confirmed. They want to honor those who chose them first. I get that but has anyone heard of this before? Can they even do that? My understanding is that dealers can prioritize a set number but after that Ford will select "waves".

Last thing I want to do is switch, get pulled in an early wave (1 hour after announcement) and then have the dealer realize I switched and find a way to cancel my order.

Bud

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Engineer
They will mark it up. Just haven't received the trucks yet. My guy at Koons told me the below....

We are doing the courtesy of letting our customers know ahead of time about adjustments. Other dealers are not as transparent and are waiting until the vehicle arrives to go over pricing. We would like our customers fully informed and aware of everything going on. Ford will not be able to convert and produce all reservations.

Canceld my spot. Think I'm going to wait a few years till it calms down or by a Rivian.

Clean150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
I was wondering how dealerships would handle prioritization. I registered the night of the introduction but if I switch, how would that change my spot in line and would it take longer for me to get it.
The time stamp on the reservation is not altered if a customer changes their preferred dealership. Switching from a low volume dealership with few orders to a high volume dealership with a deep reservation list is something that could potentially change when you can place your order. I think many people would tolerate modest markups or fees if they thought they would get their truck sooner but the number of My22 units available means most will wait no matter how much cash dealerships demand. I’d rather wait and patronize a dealership that knows they will make as much money in the end by creating relationships.
Sponsored