• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have never paid ADM regardless of what the dealer asked. I have only paid full MSRP once in my life. That was a month ago when I was forced to replace a vehicle and the dealer had 15 cars on their lot. They usually have an inventory of 150 vehicles.
The problem is when the dealership knows they can sell an in demand vehicle for much more than MSRP...the fear is that you have ordered the vehicle and then when it arrives at the dealership they suddenly want $5k-$10k more for it. There is no way you are going to get another one anytime soon. People are trying to make sure they don't get screwed out of the vehicle that they order by a greedy dealership.
Sponsored

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
I posted this elsewhere, but this is the list of the dealers I checked for a reserveration transfer (Southern California):

South Bay Ford: Wouldn't commit to no-adm, no pricing
Vista Ford (Woodland Hills): ADM
Airport Marina: Apparently only communicates through an antiquated "phone call" system.
Cerritos: No adm, but very slow to respond
Autonation Torrance: No adm/no add-ons
South bay ford told me they would not be doing an ADM if I order online and complete the order through them.

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Van Bortel Ford, Rochester NY says no ADM, and they will honor X-Plan if Ford happens to offer it on the F150L - I hope that helps some of you from the Western NY area.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
South bay ford told me they would not be doing an ADM if I order online and complete the order through them.
Ah ok, back in June they told me they didn't have any idea if they were going to try to add ADM and they'd let me know. At the end of August I got a message saying there wasn't any updates. If they said no ADM I probably wouldn't have transferred my reservation away from them.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
Anyone know anything about dealers in the New Orleans area? I selected Banner Ford when I made my reservation. They have been communicating via text since I reserved, and they did say they will sell the Lightning at MSRP in a text message, but I felt like I kind of had to pull that info out of them, lol.
I think I talked with Bob Bowers Ford about the Bronco. They were offering a competitive deal. Give them a call.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
My dealer already texted me that there was no ADM...any other things I should confirm in writing? A refundable deposit, no add-on, etc? First time buying a vehicle this way.

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW, Fiat
My dealer already texted me that there was no ADM...any other things I should confirm in writing? A refundable deposit, no add-on, etc? First time buying a vehicle this way.
I wonder about this too. X plan pricing limits the document fee to $100, so it seems reasonable to expect a dealer not to exceed that.

I have not bought a new car in 10 years. I can’t even remember what fees were added the last time.

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Anyone know anything about dealers in the New Orleans area? I selected Banner Ford when I made my reservation. They have been communicating via text since I reserved, and they did say they will sell the Lightning at MSRP in a text message, but I felt like I kind of had to pull that info out of them, lol.
My experience with Banner Ford was good until it got time for them to commit to actual price. However this is when I was trying to buy a 2020 F150 Platinum in March 2020 listed for sale on their site. After a couple of phone calls and emails with Les & Shelby I was told by Les I would be hearing from a Sales manager to confirm pricing. Pricing was clearly posted on their site but nonetheless never heard from a sales manager, even told this to Les once or twice he said I should be hearing from someone. I think perhaps they just didn't know how to do an out of state sale. Anyway I moved on after waiting about a month and started looking for something else. Heard about the new '21 F150 and long story short ordered 1 from Granger and been happy I got it instead of the '20. Turns out Banner didn't manage to sell the 2020 until November. Ouch, all that money they had tied up in financing that sitting on the lot which by the way had been on their lot since the beginning of January.

Sponsored

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder about this too. X plan pricing limits the document fee to $100, so it seems reasonable to expect a dealer not to exceed that.

I have not bought a new car in 10 years. I can’t even remember what fees were added the last time.
Im with ya, i’ve been buying used cars for years. And to order a new car assigned to a specific dealership? Never. Im bracing myself to get hosed on my trade in, because how could it possibly go any other way when im a captive customer? (Probably will need to sell on CL).

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
I stopped in at my local Dealership Ken Garff. They have stores in St George Utah and Mesquite Nevada.

No ADM. They will sign a deal when I go in on the 26th to order.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Im bracing myself to get hosed on my trade in, because how could it possibly go any other way when im a captive customer? (Probably will need to sell on CL).
When the time comes, check with Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, etc. When I sold the car, Carvana came in at 70% higher than the dealer, and the process literally took less than 10 minutes.

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Lariat PowerBoost
The Ford Store Morgan Hill in California said they would honor X-Plan pricing when the 5-6 dealers I spoke to told me they would only do it for special orders. I'm guessing if they agree to that, they wouldn't do ADM for non X-Plan customers. Haven't gotten my vehicle yet though so fingers crossed.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Im with ya, i’ve been buying used cars for years. And to order a new car assigned to a specific dealership? Never. Im bracing myself to get hosed on my trade in, because how could it possibly go any other way when im a captive customer? (Probably will need to sell on CL).
You can get quotes for your trade from other dealers, CarMax, carvana, ect. and then try to negotiate. Most dealers will buy your car without you buying one from them especially with where the market is currently.
Sponsored