• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
He doesn’t state any good reason not to order at your dealer. There is no gotcha there. The other point is good that they can’t bump your reservation back to get more ADM. But this is still one dealers opinion on how it works and as we all know, many of them are confused or just ignorant.
Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
He doesn’t state any good reason not to order at your dealer. There is no gotcha there. The other point is good that they can’t bump your reservation back to get more ADM. But this is still one dealers opinion on how it works and as we all know, many of them are confused or just ignorant.
The best reason to order online is that you can track your entire order process on the ford website. If you order in person, you're left in the dark and can't access the info. You'd have to rely on calling dealer for any updates. I don't remember if he mentioned it in this video or a prior video, but i can confirm that is what my dealer told me before i placed my lightning order.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
The best reason not to order at your dealer is that you don't have to order at your dealer..LOL
If this guy is right then it makes me comfortable staying in the game. I order....dealer accepts and sends in order that can't be screwed with...Thanks Ford if it works !

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Maryland:

Apple Ford in Colombia told me ADM + $10K a while back. Very uninformed and unprofessional GM and staff.

I switched to

Bob Bell Ford ADM + $500 (Doc Fees) - They are not transparent with information and not always responsive with calls and emails. Sadly more responsive than other dealers I reached out to. At this point they seem questionable and seem like they are getting ready to pull something, If you have a better option, go for it.

If they use up all my patience, I will give up on Ford all together and probably order direct from Rivian. No one should deal with this much crap to give a company their business. Ford could handle this better. They act like they are trying to control it but I have a feeling they are interested in direct sale model and the only way they can change the laws is showing that the public is getting screwed so in subtle ways they are contributing to that. Regardless of what the motives are, I am getting tired of dealing with it.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I order....dealer accepts and sends in order that can't be screwed with...Thanks Ford if it works !
At least not until your vehicle arrives at the dealer. What is Ford going to do about the sudden increase in doc fees to $15K or other creative ridiculous fees the dealer may come up with to help you leave your Lightning on their lot? Ford has not given any guarantees that the price you see when ordering online is what you will pay. I think it will be an interesting ride. All that said, not dealing with the dealer at this point does sound very attractive.

Sponsored

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
At least not until your vehicle arrives at the dealer. What is Ford going to do about the sudden increase in doc fees to $15K or other creative ridiculous fees the dealer may come up with to help you leave your Lightning on their lot? Ford has not given any guarantees that the price you see when ordering online is what you will pay. I think it will be an interesting ride. All that said, not dealing with the dealer at this point does sound very attractive.
When you place the order and eventually sign paperwork with your dealer it is a contract for what you will pay for the vehicle at delivery…they can’t all of a sudden say you owe me when you go to pick up your truck.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When you place the order and eventually sign paperwork with your dealer it is a contract for what you will pay for the vehicle at delivery…they can’t all of a sudden say you owe me when you go to pick up your truck.
The issue is what happens between when you place the order and when you sign the paperwork. If you order only online without dealer signing the buyer's order which includes all the fees, dealer has not committed to anything except may be just the ADM (if that). If you do it online and go to dealer and get them to sign the buyer's order you may have some protection but Just ordering online may be a crap shoot. It seems like English language is open to interpretation for dealers. Fees apparently are not considered a part of ADM. We really don't know what each dealer is going to do and how much of an impact Ford can have on their behavior. If they see the direct sale as the future and see themselves eventually out of sales, why not make as much money as they can while they can.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Even if a signed order is a contract there could be wiggle room wide enough to drive a proverbial pick-up truck through. Good luck seeking a remedy through the Courts. Maybe you get your deposit back because that would be your actual damages. This of course is not legal advice and I am not a lawyer or even play one on TV. You best bet might be to light up social media, contact Ford, the local news, leave poor reviews on yelp, BBB, etc.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Edit: Just saw you updated the list with my other CT dealerships, thanks. You can also add Columbia Ford in Columbia, CT for 30% over MSRP ?

Can't wait for the deliveries so we can watch dealers inevitably tack on high conveyance fees and other nonsense on order delivery trying to get buyers to back out. They would love to sell the truck off the lot for 30% over MSRP while "honoring" the MSRP for reservations holders. Got to get clever after all the bad press from the Bronco price gouging.

Ford has done a horrible job getting ahead of this. Whenever pressed on the issue they say their hands are tied, and that it's the individual franchisee's right to price as they see fit. Do they forget that it's their badge on the side of their building? Who do they think it reflects more on when half the dealers I call in my state are asking for >$5000 MSRP? This is a systemic issue that Ford is enabling.

Last edited:

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
You can change Woodbridge ford in NJ they are at minimum of $5000 possible more is the answer I got the other day.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Please Take Fritts Ford off the list, they want $3k over MSRP

Edit: $5k

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

dorkside

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Thank you for this great list.
I tried to start my order with Chino Hills Ford in Chino, California. They are adding a $10,000 dealer markup and asking for a $1,500 order deposit and $1,700 destination and delivery charge.

Time to wait for the Chevy Silverado :)

mjallen77

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 2020, Acura TLX 2015
Maxwell Ford in Austin - Green = No ADM (Also means will sell at MSRP, deposit is not considered ADM)

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
My dealer in Staten Island NY is Dana Ford. They did NOT charge me extra when I place my order today.
Sponsored