First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
My dealer said they get 2... Only can order only 1 with 37s... I'm doing a base with 360 camera. They gave me the second build at sticker
If the deal is ordering why can they only get it 37's
Sponsored

G-Train

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bullitt Mustang
the 37" can only be built at the Dearborn plant and this run is essentially a limited run for 2021. depending on allocation, dealerships get select number of 37". now Ford can build the 35" in Dearborn as well as Kansas City so that is why you will see more 35s on the road for this limited run.

G-Train

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bullitt Mustang
Here's the Raptor build & price link:

Link: 2021 F-150 Raptor Build & Price

2021 Raptor F-150 .jpg
The only way to get the Code Orange is with the 35s because the blue orange combo is straight from the Bozo the clown wardrobe. I love the blue and orange separately so very sad that they did this to us. The graphics are so odd and really only good on the Code Orange in the 37 graphics package.

Stojanowski

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Wagon 75th
As others have said it's built differently the frame is different to fit the 37" spare underneath... My sales guy said only 30% or so will have 37s. For the 37" package they wanted 5k over sticker. I'm happy with the base since the high package only added a few things I wanted

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
As others have said it's built differently the frame is different to fit the 37" spare underneath... My sales guy said only 30% or so will have 37s. For the 37" package they wanted 5k over sticker. I'm happy with the base since the high package only added a few things I wanted
what I meant is if the dealer is getting one and you are the lucky one to order one you should be able to order as you want

Sponsored

Honeybadger

First Name
Zero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘17 Explorer Platinum ‘17 Fusion Energi Platinium
the 37" can only be built at the Dearborn plant and this run is essentially a limited run for 2021. depending on allocation, dealerships get select number of 37". now Ford can build the 35" in Dearborn as well as Kansas City so that is why you will see more 35s on the road for this limited run.
my understanding is that the Raptor regardless of tire package is only being built in Dearborn. None coming from Kentucky.
As a side note from my guy I ordered with there was a hang up on 10th where Ford only opened up the old order system not the new point click system and many of the guys around are new and don’t know how to use the old MS DOS based order system so many dealers are waiting to put their orders in until the point click web based system opens on 18th. He said mine is likely high up on the orders since he did it first thing Thursday morning. Will wait and see what updates come and post updates on timing.

Lex_310

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew FX4
I went this week to inquire about ordering a raptor at my local dealer (ford AutoNation in Torrance, CA) and they told me the system isn’t even avaliable to place orders yet and when they do, they will mark them up 20k. I need to call around

Honeybadger

First Name
Zero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘17 Explorer Platinum ‘17 Fusion Energi Platinium
I went this week to inquire about ordering a raptor at my local dealer (ford AutoNation in Torrance, CA) and they told me the system isn’t even avaliable to place orders yet and when they do, they will mark them up 20k. I need to call around
That is simply a dealer filled with idiots that don’t know how to use the older system it’s called CONCEPS.... it is up and taking orders since 10th. And yes marking up 20k tell them to pound sand.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 FORD RANGER LARIAT
Occupation
TEACHER
Guys, I am thinking very hard about moving from a 2019 Ranger FX4 to the F150 Raptor, probably within two or three years. I am not a huge off-roader, but I like the feeling of being prepared for anything (bad weather, bad roads, obstacles, etc.). I enjoy the Ranger's B&O music system but understand that the Unleashed version in the high-end 150s is out of this world. Also, pushing 70 with a bad back, I need an automatic tailgate lifting feature, which all the high-end 150s have now. Plus, the wife has been complaining (rightly) about the lack of storage space inside the Ranger's cabin, even on our super-cab. For DD, freeway driving, etc., how is the ride on the 150 Raptor? I like to feel the road but don't want it to beat me up like the stock FX4 Ranger did. Thanks in advance for your advice and/or suggestions!

Stojanowski

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Wagon 75th
what I meant is if the dealer is getting one and you are the lucky one to order one you should be able to order as you want
I'm not comfortable spending 83k MSRP plus the 5k extra my dealer wants. The only needs/wants from high package is the convience and torsen package plus tow package

Sponsored

jlift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma
Placed my order last week @MSRP, no deposit. Leadfoot, 801A, carbon.

Really with the 37" package didn't have that blue interior...deal breaker for me.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
my understanding is that the Raptor regardless of tire package is only being built in Dearborn. None coming from Kentucky.
As a side note from my guy I ordered with there was a hang up on 10th where Ford only opened up the old order system not the new point click system and many of the guys around are new and don’t know how to use the old MS DOS based order system so many dealers are waiting to put their orders in until the point click web based system opens on 18th. He said mine is likely high up on the orders since he did it first thing Thursday morning. Will wait and see what updates come and post updates on timing.
Ok - this makes sense why the dealer that agreed to order at MSRP has delayed me.... probably trying to work out the system

gobluejd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Agate Black Lariat 502A / Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Product Engineer
F150's are only made at Kansas City and Dearborn. Only Raptors are manufactured at Dearborn.

G-Train

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bullitt Mustang
[/QUOT

That is great information, I don't think it will hurt their customers because the orders are pulled on a priority basis so when Ford closes orders and does the scheduling, that dealership's top priority 10 cars will still get builteven if the dealership put in an order with priority 10 I wond
F150's are only made at Kansas City and Dearborn. Only Raptors are manufactured at Dearborn.
I thought the Raptor with the 35" wheels could also be built in Kansas City?

gobluejd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Agate Black Lariat 502A / Lincoln Nautilus
Occupation
Product Engineer
I thought the Raptor with the 35" wheels could also be built in Kansas City?
No. Raptors are only built in Dearborn.
Sponsored