Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Thanks, dealer did the TSB yesterday and it didn't fix it.
Someone else reported the same thing and it was due to the tech not following the procedure 100%. They shouldn't return the truck to you without the calibration and road test to clear it.
Sponsored

P-cubed

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Ranger, Edge
Last Monday my full-coverage standard coating was done by Line-X (Texas Truck & Trailer East, Austin, TX) without removal of my fully-powered tailgate. I expressed concern before turning over the truck for the job, they said they were aware of potential issues and so do not remove the tailgate, only the plastic panel in the tailgate.

The guy doing my actual application came out of the bay to go over my job personally, explained he unclips the cable hangers, puts a pad on the top of the bumper and gently lays the tailgate down on that, then mask and spray.

I'm super happy with the job they / he did, all exactly per my requests including R&R of the bed bolts so there's coating under but not on the bolts; coating over my B&W turnoverball socket (the inside carefully masked); bed cleats and cleat-plates R&R with coating under.

Absolutely NO issues with tailgate operation or anything else after the job, great service at TT&T East, IMO (y)

04 R.png

BTW / FWIW, I've got 17-year old Line-X standard in the 2005 F150 in the background of the pic above. Sure, after all that time exposed to TX sun it's slightly but evenly faded, but still looks great and still has zero scratches through after lots of abuse hauling everything imaginable as a working truck in rural country life.
Any chance for a pic of the old Linex truck? I was quoted nearly $800 for a 5.5 ft bed for the premium and was wondering how much the standard would fade iver time.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Just note that what I was told was that the premium could "wear through" if you had a lot of abrasive items going in and out of the truck (I.e. gravel, cinder blocks being dragged out). This could cause an uneven appearance over time as the glossy premium coating wears down in some places more than others.

The guy just recommended if I were to ever do anything like that, I should use a tarp or something to protect the coating. Since I don't plan on using the truck like that very often, I'm good with that.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Any chance for a pic of the old Linex truck? I was quoted nearly $800 for a 5.5 ft bed for the premium and was wondering how much the standard would fade iver time.
Here's a recent pic (taken for a different purpose) of the ~17 year-old liner. You can see in the bright sun it's faded noticeably, but it's still uniform and functional. I'll note that much of the 'black' trim on that always-in-the-Texas-sun 2005 F150 is also faded (but also uniformly) :cool:

Ford F-150 Line-X Premium Bedliner Install On My F-150 IN BED CONNECTOR

Both the truck and myself have had plenty of hard use in those 17 years (I can't count the cords of big oak and mesquite logs that've been thrown in there and dragged-out!).... I don't mind things showing their age as long as they're not scarred-up and they 'carry it well', ya know? ;)

Last edited:

P-cubed

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Ranger, Edge
Thanks. Still looks pretty decent, especially for a truck that puts in work in the Texas sun.
I reckon the standard LineX will be good enough for my garage kept mall-crawler. Strangely, there is only one LineX dealer within an hour+ of me.

Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
These pictures showing the bed opening and around the tailgate work surface here are the reasons why I did not order the factory ford spray liner and will go with Line-X like you did.
i know an older reply, but can you elaborate on the above? Thx.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
i know an older reply, but can you elaborate on the above? Thx.
The factory spray doesn't cover as much as Line-x. You can see the difference in the pics for coverage. Being that everything is aluminum, not sure it really has much impact on long term value. Would I do it different on my next build and get factory, maybe. We'll see. It's only been about 10 months or so and have only really had sod and mulch in the bed.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 4x4 Supercrew XL 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Journeyman Millwright
Had the Premium liner sprayed yesterday. When I picked it up it was dark and raining so I couldn't really inspect it. This morning I found some overspray or dried spray dust on a few painted areas on all three sides of the bed and was able to get it all off with some grease remover. The only place I couldn't ironically was the brand new license plate I installed Monday. It isn't that bad, but noticeable up close. Man I should have kept the temp tag on it another day. I am getting the reverse brake system not available message in the instrument cluster and have an appointment with the dealer next week. One thing of note is that this liner is smoother to the hand than the Chevy factory spray I had on my 2019 Silverado. That thing was like sandpaper. This is smooth and things will slide so much easier. I really like this so much better. I also now notice a crazy gap between the tailgate and the bed at the bottom and can see the ground with the black and white contrast. I don't recall seeing this air gap on the Silverado. A few pics:

1640205398026.png

1640205472885.png

1640205607573.png

1640205491520.png

1640205517719.png

1640205549677.png

1640205653916.png

In the bottom corner, you can see the control joint cut in the concrete driveway through the air gap.

1640205791676.png
Looks great, when you say “Premium “ is that the one that they claim to be fade proof?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Premium is supposed to be more UV resistant. I had premium color matched blue flame line-x in my 2011 F-150.

Last week it still looked new but it has been under bed cover majority of the time.

It did scuff up with a lighter shade of blue where it had usage scrapes and I assume that would happen with the black version too with noticable marks. It had zero effect on the function in 12 years.