First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Just curious, has anyone checked wiring diagrams between a Lincoln that has the same DDM/PDM and the F-150 to see if maybe the Lincoln powers the lights off different pins?
Not sure, that’ll be pretty interesting to see if this may be the case.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
My idea since I've noticed this is to get some running board lights and hook them up in a way to turn on with when you would expect the puddle lights to turn on. I'm not sure how I will do that, but that's my plan.

i've only done a preliminary search, but so far it just looks like most are just LED strips that stick to the bottom of the side of the truck. I was hoping for something with a bracket to better secure them. There is the Starkey kit, but it goes behind the running boards and doesn't light them up.

Ultimately this isn't a big deal for me personally, but now that it's not there I can see how it would be useful at night, even if it's rarely that you would use it.

I originally had this idea but my issue is running the wire between the door and the cabin, there is no space for an extra wire to go through the door/cabin route because of the way the wires clip into the door harness (you’ll see what I mean when you pull back the rubber sleeve). One way would be to pin the wires and route it that way. Most vehicles don’t have this clip and is alot easier to route the wire through the sleeve of the door harness.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
I never even noticed over the last year
I noticed the puddle lights no longer working right away.... I had gotten to like the added light where I am about to place my foot. But approaching the vehicle at night in tallish grass/brush where crawly things are uncommon but still demand diligence... will give you a different perspective.

Reactions: TJE

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
May be a Lincoln welcome lighting setting in the BCM to play with. I will be out of town for the Vegas to Reno race so I’ll be out of pocket til next week or I would tinker.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
May be a Lincoln welcome lighting setting in the BCM to play with. I will be out of town for the Vegas to Reno race so I’ll be out of pocket til next week or I would tinker.
I wonder! 🤔 no rush at all; enjoy the time there!

Sponsored

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt
I definitely miss the puddle lights. Not for any practical reason, just felt cool walking to the truck at night and having them kick on. I'm going back to the Ford Auto Fold until/unless someone infinitely smarter than me finds a way to keep them both.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
MY MIRRORS DONT OPEN WHEN I USE THE APP TO UNLOCK. I HAVE TO HIT THE SEAT MEMORY THEN THEY OPEN. SOMETIMES JUST ONE OPENS. SOMETIMES WHEN I LOCK W THE FOB THEY DONT FOLD I HAVE TO UNLOCK, CROSS FINGERS AND LOCK AGAIN THEY MIGHT FOLD AFTER SEVERAL TRIES. THEY ALSO WONT FOLD IF THE DAUGHTER DOESNT GET THE DOOR COMPLETLY SHUT ALSO IVE NOTICED.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was looking.

740/741-04-01xxxx**xxxx--IlluminationStrategy_Cfg (ISC)

to 00 after changing to Lincoln autofold

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I was looking.

740/741-04-01xxxx**xxxx--IlluminationStrategy_Cfg (ISC)

to 00 after changing to Lincoln autofold
Would changing this line after enabling Lincoln Auto Fold allow puddle lights to turn on just like Ford Auto Fold? I can give this a try later today and report back!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Would changing this line after enabling Lincoln Auto Fold allow puddle lights to turn on just like Ford Auto Fold? I can give this a try later today and report back!
Not sure just a suggestion to try. It is regarding the illumination strategy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MY MIRRORS DONT OPEN WHEN I USE THE APP TO UNLOCK. I HAVE TO HIT THE SEAT MEMORY THEN THEY OPEN. SOMETIMES JUST ONE OPENS. SOMETIMES WHEN I LOCK W THE FOB THEY DONT FOLD I HAVE TO UNLOCK, CROSS FINGERS AND LOCK AGAIN THEY MIGHT FOLD AFTER SEVERAL TRIES. THEY ALSO WONT FOLD IF THE DAUGHTER DOESNT GET THE DOOR COMPLETLY SHUT ALSO IVE NOTICED.
You may need for reset the auto fold. Try going to settings on Sync 4 with the truck running; then select mirrors and toggle off the auto fold option. Wait for a minute and toggle it back on, then off the truck, step out and lock the truck. See if that fixes it. Also did your truck already come with power fold mirrors or did you add them after the fact?

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
You may need for reset the auto fold. Try going to settings on Sync 4 with the truck running; then select mirrors and toggle off the auto fold option. Wait for a minute and toggle it back on, then off the truck, step out and lock the truck. See if that fixes it. Also did your truck already come with power fold mirrors or did you add them after the fact?
CAME THAT WAY. AND I HAVE TOGGLED SETTING COUNTLESS TIMES AND STILL DOES THE SAME

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CAME THAT WAY. AND I HAVE TOGGLED SETTING COUNTLESS TIMES AND STILL DOES THE SAME
I would get the dealership to check it out. Could be a faulty mirror or motor, should be repaired under warranty if that’s the case; these mirrors are not cheap that’s for sure.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not sure just a suggestion to try. It is regarding the illumination strategy.
Gave this a try, no joy. Puddle light stays off the entire time, even after a few cycles.
Sponsored