Sponsored

LIMITED Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen)

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
The Limited would likely be my top choice if it were not for the lightish blue + light gray interior. Really "limits" your options! :sneaky:

Can anyone comment if it's perhaps just the pictures or lighting that make the interior appear lighter in color than it really is?

The gray seat inserts, dash, and door panels almost look like a dull white. And I'd think that the seat inserts would show any stains and marks pretty easily.

Really wish they offered an "all-black" interior, as I think it's a deal-breaker for me, so am defaulting to the Platinum.

Sponsored

travekinman

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2010 BMW 325i wagon, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I tend to agree. No option on interior in their top selection. I too am considering the platinum, however I'll hold judgment until I get the opportunity to see it up close and personal.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I tend to agree. No option on interior in their top selection. I too am considering the platinum, however I'll hold judgment until I get the opportunity to see it up close and personal.
I haven't had an opportunity to see these 2021's in-person but am hopeful that these photos are largely washed-out, lighter than in reality. Below is a photo I'd found showing the Limited as having a darker interior -
Ford F-150 LIMITED Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen) 2021-ford-f-150-limited-interior-min

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
The Limited would likely be my top choice if it were not for the lightish blue + light gray interior. Really "limits" your options! :sneaky:

Can anyone comment if it's perhaps just the pictures or lighting that make the interior appear lighter in color then it really is?

The gray seat inserts, dash, and door panels almost look like a dull white. And I'd think that the seat inserts would show any stains and marks pretty easily.

Really wish they offered an "all-black" interior, as I think it's a deal-breaker for me, so am defaulting to the Platinum.

* I wrestled with the same - I originally was leaning to the Platinum but took a step back and looked at my previously utilization on my 2016 Platinum FX4, & 6.5 bed. I'm not overly fond of the interior option being only one on the 2021 Limited but personally it will work for me. I don't have children, pets, occupation or hobbies that will stain or mess up the interior. My average mileage utilization on my 2016 was 7,500 per year in which 75% were highway miles.

Likewise, I'm not an off road mudslinging driver so I didn't need an FX4 pkg. My 6.5 ft, Platinum bed was more of a pain for me in parking lots & I never fully utilized it anyway.

My final decision was going with the Limited maxed out, w/an exterior color of Smoked Quartz Clear Coat. For me that's the best color w/the Admiral Blue interior.

Lastly, with my original plan on a 2021 Platinum & all of the options I wanted - it became a a cost that was very close to the Limited anyway.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I currently have a 2010 F150 SuperCrew Lariat with 6.5' bed, and while the bed length does occasionally come in handy, the overall truck length and wheelbase is for the majority of the time a PITA maneuvering parking lots and my driveway/garage (a lot of 3-point turns).

I'm also going back and forth between a Smoked Quartz Limited or SQ Platinum w/ Unique Black. I NEVER use the sunroof in my Lariat, so hate paying for it in the Limited trim package... But, I may really like the huge glass roof it provides (but also more electronics and moving parts that can go bad).

Would really like to see a SQ Limited in person before ordering, but from what I'm reading they may not be hitting dealer lots until December / January.

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I haven't had an opportunity to see these 2021's in-person but am hopeful that these photos are largely washed-out, lighter than in reality. Below is a photo I'd found showing the Limited as having a darker interior -
2021-ford-f-150-limited-interior-min.jpg
Having driven a limited on a sunny day, what I saw were the photos you are hoping are washed out, were more realistic than this one, which I would say is underexposed. Either way, just like AMB that looks deep blue in direct sun, and black in most every other setting, light will effect how we perceive the colors. The gray inserts looked much lighter to me, but that was a sunny day, and the pano-roof shade was pushed back allowing light into the interior. Any way you look at it, the inserts are still a light gray, not a medium or dark gray, so those concerned about the seats showing dirt have a valid concern.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
2021-ford-f-150-limited-interior-min.jpg
I think this “pic” is a CGI.
I ordered Baja tan innards in my XLT, and where I think that pic came from, the XLT looked more of a light brown than tan.
The pic that shows up on the build an price is a lot lighter and brighter.
The camel of the 2020 looked almost yellow on the B&P page.
I prefer the lighter color and hope the real one is no darker than the beige in my Chevrolet k1500.

I do like the accenting patterns of the new trucks tho

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Pretty sure the below image of the Limited interior is also CGI, but REALLY wish it was this darker shade!

Ford F-150 LIMITED Interior Photos & Videos (2021+ F-150 -- 14th Gen) 1604669124878

Last edited:

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Having driven a limited on a sunny day, what I saw were the photos you are hoping are washed out, were more realistic than this one, which I would say is underexposed. Either way, just like AMB that looks deep blue in direct sun, and black in most every other setting, light will effect how we perceive the colors. The gray inserts looked much lighter to me, but that was a sunny day, and the pano-roof shade was pushed back allowing light into the interior. Any way you look at it, the inserts are still a light gray, not a medium or dark gray, so those concerned about the seats showing dirt have a valid concern.
Thank you for this first-person account!
There’s no substitute for actually seeing it live.

like others on this thread, I am leaning towards SQ but will wait to see it live.
Sponsored