Limited Interior Color

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’m in a similar situation too. The Lariat Sport only has the Black/Carmine (brown) color available. While I like it, I’m not sure if it will match the Velocity Blue I’m getting...
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Its not that I don't like the blue, Just not sure it will match the carbonized grey exterior I am going with. If the blue is the only interior color why is there one with a two tone grey interior online? Were they trying different colors before going with the blue?

limited interior.jpg
I know you are not going to believe me, but that is Admiral Blue. The seats do take on a charcoal look depending on the light. I bet with the front door windows tinted and the twin-panel shade drawn, it would be difficult to tell it was blue at all.

Ford F-150 Limited Interior Color 1605806998489

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I know you are not going to believe me, but that is Admiral Blue. The seats do take on a charcoal look depending on the light. I bet with the front door windows tinted and the twin-panel shade drawn, it would be difficult to tell it was blue at all.
My thought is that the first image is a CGI mockup of the proposed Admiral Blue interior, and the second is of the actual in production. Regardless, I agree that in low light the interior colors will appear darker. Unfortunately you can't opt out of the large sun roof on the Limited, which I would do if I could because I'd never use it (and prefer not having bright sunlight while driving).

Last edited:

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't disagree. I think it is CGI too. Navy Pier in 2018 may have been a little too off-putting (again, my wife was not a fan) for a lot of customers, thus it lasted just one model year. This time around it seems that Ford was looking for a blue-hue that was complimentary to the greyish center section they wanted to use. Thus, while certainly in the blue family, it can appear charcoal.

As a side note, I was hopeful (still am, I suppose) that Smoked Quartz would be similar with blue and charcoal notes. Unfortunately, I am suspecting it does not.

modstyle

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Touareg, VW CC, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Architect
Loved that ‘18 Navy Pier scheme. It had a beautiful aesthetic to it, appropriate for a Lincoln. The ‘21 Limited interior is nice enough, wish the Admiral Blue had similar dark trim panel color, at least. All the light grey is just too pretty to be in a truck!

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loved that ‘18 Navy Pier scheme. It had a beautiful aesthetic to it, appropriate for a Lincoln. The ‘21 Limited interior is nice enough, wish the Admiral Blue had similar dark trim panel color, at least. All the light grey is just too pretty to be in a truck!
My parents 1991 Town Car had a Shadow Blue interior, which was a bit lighter than Navy Pier, but was sharp especially with the white and navy exterior. I'll be curious if 2022 will bring a new interior (like I think it might) or if they stick with Admiral.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

I didn’t even know that was a thing until a day or two ago. But I really liked the Navy Pier blue too!

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Guess it's a good thing I'm a fan of the King Ranch interior for there is no other choice for it either.

It's one reason I keep getting a King Ranch. I order the high option so I get all the bells and whistles and have been very happy with all my past versions of them.

I do wish they had not dropped the wheel well molding from it for 21.

It is hard to believe these truck prices now, it's a good thing for discounts and rebates, I mean 75K, man I'm spoiled. :unsure:

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
Good video (see below) of what the Limited interior color looks like (Admiral Blue). Love the color contrast!

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Limited Star White Metallic Tricoat w/ Admiral Blue interior. Interior was much more impressive in-person compared to just seeing pictures, and the grey inserts were (thankfully) a bit darker than what I've seen in many pictures.

Ford F-150 Limited Interior Color 2021-01-11 10.50.55

Ford F-150 Limited Interior Color 2021-01-11 10.50.45

Ford F-150 Limited Interior Color 2021-01-11 10.50.40
Sponsored