First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Is this a bug in B&P that it only shows the Admiral Blue or is this the only option?
Also, can I get the extended tow mirrors on the Limited?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Is this a bug in B&P that it only shows the Admiral Blue or is this the only option?
Also, can I get the extended tow mirrors on the Limited?

Thanks!
only option is Ad Blue

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
The Limited is Ford's fully -loaded high-end luxury truck. While it is setup/capable of towing, it is not intended to be the towing model. You cannot get Max Towing or the towing mirrors unless you drop down to the Platinum. The Limited is more of a Boulevard Cruiser/Country Club Cowboy truck. Ford also chooses just one interior per year to be exclusive to the Limited. You cannot get it in any other truck and you cannot choose something different. For 2022 the interior will likely be different (likely a tan or brown color, but perhaps black or grey).

Last edited:

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Computer Stuff
yes, the reason i get fully loaded platinums instead of limited... that crappy blue.. gross.

travekinman

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2010 BMW 325i wagon, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
The Limited is Ford's fully -loaded high-end luxury truck. While it is setup/capable of towing, it is not intended to be the towing model. You cannot get Max Towing or the towing mirrors unless you drop down to the Platinum. The Limited is more of a Boulevard Cruiser/Country Club Cowboy truck. Ford also chooses just one interior per year to be exclusive to the Limited. You cannot get it in any other truck and you cannot choose something different. For 2022 the interior will be different (likely a tan or brown color, but perhaps black or grey).
And there remains my dilemma. On the one hand the Limited is basically configured with all the bells and whistles and probably can live with the interior color. On the other, I have towed trailers to take a small John Deer tractor for maintenance, pick up 2+ tons of topsoil, and lately am considering a small boat purchase or small/mid sized Camper for my girlfriend and I. I am an active hands on type of guy who performs my own landscaping, moves family members, travels onto back non paved roads (but not off road/ rock crawl trail types) into the back country of Pennsylvania, and waits for heavy winter snow days since as a ski patroller, I find myself on skis when few folks venture outside. So, for me, is building a Platinum up to a Limited configuration a better way to go? Is basic towing (don't think I need Max Tow) an issue? Do I lose money and maybe resale value by loading a Platinum to Limited specs? What do I give up and/or gain by loading the Platinum? I would appreciate your thoughts.

Sponsored

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
I have a 2019 Limited and will "probably" trade for the 2021 if I can live with the blue interior. I live in Key West, I need the 4 wheel drive, I tow my boat and sometimes launch and pull on muddy ramps, I also have a place up in the mountains in North Carolina, that at times I need the 4WD to get to and I use the AWD in the snow, I also have a utility trailer that I tow back and forth between Florida and North Carolina.

its a 15 hour drive from The Keys to the North Carolina cabin, I like having all of the bells and whistles that make the drive comfortable, I keep the truck looking nice but don't hesitate to work it either.
Not sure about it being a country club cowboy truck, depends on what you use it for I guess.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
The Limited is Ford's fully -loaded high-end luxury truck. While it is setup/capable of towing, it is not intended to be the towing model. You cannot get Max Towing or the towing mirrors unless you drop down to the Platinum. The Limited is more of a Boulevard Cruiser/Country Club Cowboy truck. Ford also chooses just one interior per year to be exclusive to the Limited. You cannot get it in any other truck and you cannot choose something different. For 2022 the interior will be different (likely a tan or brown color, but perhaps black or grey).
Love it "Boulevard Cruiser/Country Club Cowboy truck." Lol :)

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And there remains my dilemma. On the one hand the Limited is basically configured with all the bells and whistles and probably can live with the interior color. On the other, I have towed trailers to take a small John Deer tractor for maintenance, pick up 2+ tons of topsoil, and lately am considering a small boat purchase or small/mid sized Camper for my girlfriend and I. I am an active hands on type of guy who performs my own landscaping, moves family members, travels onto back non paved roads (but not off road/ rock crawl trail types) into the back country of Pennsylvania, and waits for heavy winter snow days since as a ski patroller, I find myself on skis when few folks venture outside. So, for me, is building a Platinum up to a Limited configuration a better way to go? Is basic towing (don't think I need Max Tow) an issue? Do I lose money and maybe resale value by loading a Platinum to Limited specs? What do I give up and/or gain by loading the Platinum? I would appreciate your thoughts.
I build both trucks in the configuration tool and matched up options. To get the Limited, your looking at about a $5,255 premium. To my knowledge, for your money you are getting a unique grill, Limited badging, 22" wheels, & the Admiral Blue interior with upgraded interior materials.

The 2019 and 2020 Limited models came standard with the Raptor's HO Ecoboost engine. For that reason, resale on the 2019/2020 Limited should trend higher than it's Platinum counterpart. The 2021 has the same engine options as the 2021 Platinum.

As nice as the 2021 Limited is, for your use and for the money, I feel like a loaded Platinum is going to be a better bang for the buck. For comparison purposes, I only added option to the Platinum which would make it virtually identical to the Limited ($73,995 vs. $79,250). You could throw all the option available at the Platinum and you are still not going to get anywhere near the price tag of a Limited.

While my truck will primarily be an around town daily driver, I am planning on towing my Jeep, a future camper, and carrying other random project stuff in the bed or on a trailer from time to time. I thought the Platinum was a good mix of tough daily truck/fancy creature comforts.

Last edited:

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I build both truck in the configuration tool and matched up options. To get the Limited, your looking at about a $5,255 premium. To my knowledge, for your money you are getting a unique grill, Limited badging, 22" wheels, & the Admiral Blue interior with upgraded interior materials.

The 2019 and 2020 Limited models came standard with the Raptor's HO Ecoboost engine. For that reason, resale on the 2019/2020 Limited should trend higher than it's Platinum counterpart. The 2021 has the same engine options as the 2021 Platinum.

As nice as the 2021 Limited is, for your use and for the money, I feel like a loaded Platinum is going to be a better bang for the buck. For comparison purposes, I only added option to the Platinum which would make it virtually identical to the Limited ($73,995 vs. $79,250). You could throw all the option available at the Platinum and you are still not going to get anywhere near the price tag of a Limited.

While my truck will primarily be an around town daily driver, I am planning on towing my Jeep, a future camper, and carrying other random project stuff in the bed or on a trailer from time to time. I thought the Platinum was a good mix of tough daily truck/fancy creature comforts.
agree- from what you described I also would go with a Platinum-FX package etc.. I almost ordered a Platinum a slot. Be I stepped back reevaluated what I used my 2016 Platinum for. Since this is my last truck for a very long time - I ended up ordering the Limited. Do what you do on a regular basis and what a nice truck - I would definitely go for an fully loaded Platinum.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
agree- from what you described I also would go with a Platinum-FX package etc.. I almost ordered a Platinum a slot. Be I stepped back reevaluated what I used my 2016 Platinum for. Since this is my last truck for a very long time - I ended up ordering the Limited. Do what you do on a regular basis and what a nice truck - I would definitely go for an fully loaded Platinum.
The Limited is a sweet truck and I think the interior really is an upgrade over the already great Platinum trim package. In my current situation, black interior is my best choice (7yo and 5yo Boys). It has held up to in my wife's MDX and in the Tacoma, as well. Admiral would get absolutely destroyed, no matter how hard I tried. If I was a bit older and my situation was different, I would be very tempted by the Limited. As I have stated previously, Ford blue-toned interiors were a staple of my youth and this is a really well done interior.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The Limited is a sweet truck and I think the interior really is an upgrade over the already great Platinum trim package. In my current situation, black interior is my best choice (7yo and 5yo Boys). It has held up to in my wife's MDX and in the Tacoma, as well. Admiral would get absolutely destroyed, no matter how hard I tried. If I was a bit older and my situation was different, I would be very tempted by the Limited. As I have stated previously, Ford blue-toned interiors were a staple of my youth and this is a really well done interior.
argree! My kids are adults long gone from the house. It's just the wife & I, no pets etc... Grandkids are out from state (600 miles away) but their ages are 12 (twins). No doubt you are making the right choice. I loved my 2016 Platinum (it was the 5.0 engine) when I had it. I purchased it in Mar 2016 and my average yearly mileage @ the time I sold it was only 7,500.

travekinman

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 F150, 2010 BMW 325i wagon, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
argree! My kids are adults long gone from the house. It's just the wife & I, no pets etc... Grandkids are out from state (600 miles away) but their ages are 12 (twins). No doubt you are making the right choice. I loved my 2016 Platinum (it was the 5.0 engine) when I had it. I purchased it in Mar 2016 and my average yearly mileage @ the time I sold it was only 7,500.
Charlie, Jim and Matt,

I appreciate the input. Your perspectives not just from the practical side but also the emotional is sound on both sides of the equation. I'm in similar shoes with my kid out of the house and no pets. A recent reserve military retirement is giving me extra time which I'm looking forward to allocating toward outdoor activities. I can see that there really is no wrong answer for both options and in the end it may boil down to what feels right at the time. It's really why I didn't order one as I wanted to first see them up close and personal.

Hooah

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Charlie, Jim and Matt,

I appreciate the input. Your perspectives not just from the practical side but also the emotional is sound on both sides of the equation. I'm in similar shoes with my kid out of the house and no pets. A recent reserve military retirement is giving me extra time which I'm looking forward to allocating toward outdoor activities. I can see that there really is no wrong answer for both options and in the end it may boil down to what feels right at the time. It's really why I didn't order one as I wanted to first see them up close and personal.

Hooah
Congrad's on your military retirement. Many of us on this forum have served in the miltary and some are retired military.

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Agree. That was the conclusion I came to, ordering a loaded Platinum. Total was $77,995

:cool:
Sponsored