***Limited Club***

VAcraber

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Limited
I'm happy for your guys, and maybe just a tad envious.

1) 10-Aug-20: Ordered
2) Crickets***
3) Keep telling myself good things come to those who wait :)

***explanation from my dealer is that despite my early order date, Ford determines commodity holds by region...so if anyone else ordered a Hybrid Limited w/ max recline and work surface in the Washington DC region...see #3 above.
What color did you order? I'm in NoVa, ordered beginning of Sept same truck as you and I have two on the way rn - one in transit due to arrive later this week (supposedly) and the other is also already built and due to arrive Feb 14.
Sponsored

91heelncville

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
What color did you order? I'm in NoVa, ordered beginning of Sept same truck as you and I have two on the way rn - one in transit due to arrive later this week (supposedly) and the other is also already built and due to arrive Feb 14.
Antimatter Blue...what about your 2? Didn't occur to me that color choice might be a factor.

VAcraber

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Limited
Antimatter Blue...what about your 2? Didn't occur to me that color choice might be a factor.
Ah got it. Carbonized Gray here. Thought if you had ordered the same color, you could scoot up here and buy the second one from this dealership. My dealer sounds like he may have played the system better. They submitted my order but duplicated it as a stock order knowing that it would arrive early.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like we have a dealership that actually works for its customers.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Mine should have been built a few days ago (1/29)...still no update to status ("In production"). Others with the same build date are now showing progress to next step and an ETA for delivery. And I didn't get the spray-in liner so no reason for it to get held up for any reason.

Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I'm coming from a 2018 BMW 550xi and have had two other BMW 5 series before that (2011 and 2015). My order wasn't exactly site unseen...i was 80% sure i wanted a truck for the current phase in life and for the next 5-10 years. I went and drove some alternatives i was considering (RAM 1500 and Sierra 1500) and reading about the upcoming 2021 F150 redesign. I then test drove one, in three different driving events around Houston and solidified my preference for the F150 over the others i was considering. I'm very tech driven and the 2021 F150 met some of my needs that the other didn't. Here's a few examples....

- RAM 1500...obviously very nice truck, lots of awards, well executed, etc...and if they had added the Next Gen UConnect 4 (w/ wireless Apple CarPlay) i probably would have gotten it. I've had wireless Apple CarPlay in my most recent BMW and love it.
- Sierra 1500...i'd argue maybe the best looking truck on the road, but interior is super dated and the tech inside is even more dated.
I completely agree on the wireless CarPlay. I retrofitted it on my ‘16 Platinum and love it. I’m excited that my ‘21 will just have it from the start.

Jefmedia

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
I have to say that I would not consider any new vehicle without wireless CarPlay. That is kind of frightening, that I would let a 1k phone influence my buying decision on a 70k+ purchase,. Like you Chris I retrofitted my 16 Limited and 19 Lexus with wireless Carplay2Air and I am totally spoiled. Could not go back to plugging in.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I have to say that I would not consider any new vehicle without wireless CarPlay. That is kind of frightening, that I would let a 1k phone influence my buying decision on a 70k+ purchase,. Like you Chris I retrofitted my 16 Limited and 19 Lexus with wireless Carplay2Air and I am totally spoiled. Could not go back to plugging in.
Do any of these retrofit solutions actually work? My wife's 2020 Navigator has wired carplay and i considered trying to retrofit it but all the little dongle solutions i read about seem to have big issues and very mixed reviews.

Dut

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 limited
Occupation
Railroad
My sticker says 01/28 build date but that came and went. Now the trackers say 01/31 but still in production. Anyone know whats going on?

Jefmedia

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
I have both the CarPlay2Air and the Carlink II from Amazon, and both seem to work ok. It takes some trial and error with the updates, but for the most part it is good. It certainly not as fast or stable as the Sync4 or BMW factory setups. It is my understanding that with factory setups the Wireless CarPlay has access to the GPS from the vehicle, part of the Apple Wireless spec, whereas the add on units primarily rely on the phone's GPS. That has improved with the later updates but factory is better. There is a forum on MacRumors that has 215 pages of people using these adaptors. The Navigator uses Sync3 same as my 16 Limited so I can safely say, yes it works.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
My sticker says 01/28 build date but that came and went. Now the trackers say 01/31 but still in production. Anyone know whats going on?
Mine was originally 1/25 and then slipped to 1/27 and then 1/29. Now it looks to actually have been built on 2/2 and a 2/27 dealer delivery date. So if that's any indication i would say that ~ 1 week overall schedule slip.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Saša, is your Limited being built now? Mine is scheduled for the 9th of Feb.

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
I picked up my truck this afternoon. it was built on 1/22 and scheduled for delivery on 2/14. Hopefully some of you will get lucky as well on a shorter delivery time. A couple of things that I noticed right off was the top of the dash looks like hard plastic instead of leather, my '18 had a soft leather feel, the running boards are a bit louder that on my '18. What a smooth and quiet ride back home, 120 miles, can't wait to start tinkering with the setting tomorrow. Will post some pic.s tomorrow as well
Sponsored

Attachments