First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Lesson = if you're buying a new expensive truck, order what you want and don't settle. They're coming - stay patient, friends.

truck.JPG
What color is your Limited in the image?
Sponsored

J509

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited
Here is a pic of my 2019 Limited just after it was ceramic coated, going to have the 2021 done as well

649D7B31-93C7-40DD-95F2-6CE5ADC18C6E.jpeg
I must say after looking at this picture a couple of times I was thinking where is the truck, then when I enlarged the picture I figured out that what I thought was items in the room was actually a reflection on the side of the truck ? Awesome ‼

Last edited:

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Is there anything else that makes a Limited unique besides interior color and labeling, oh and 22" wheels.

Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Is there anything else that makes a Limited unique besides interior color and labeling, oh and 22" wheels.
I've read somewhere on this forum (or another forum?) that the Limited has tuned suspension that provides a smoother ride on paved roads (likely where 99% of Limited users spend their time), but have not been able to confirm this via official Ford sources.

Other than that, I think it's just an easy way to get a fully-loaded luxury truck.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I believe that it’s also the more expensive leather interior with the quilted seats.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I believe that it’s also the more expensive leather interior with the quilted seats.
Definitely a more plush leather interior...

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
For myself: I chose a Limited because I wanted; smooth ride on roads, luxury and 22"s. If I had a need for heavy towing, going off road etc..., my choice whould be a loaded (all options) Plat with a 6.5 bed. I once own a 2016 Plat (FX), 5.0 with a 6.5 bed . Loved it but now don't need the towing & off road capability.

91heelncville

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
There have been very limited quantities of work surface and especially max recline. Many that finally got their order scheduled had dropped the max recline.
I spoke to my dealer in VA again, told him that I've seen people posting that they ordered my exact build (including max recline, work surface) in November and have early Feb build dates. I ordered mine on August 10th. Dealer said that the work surface is on "commodity hold" for my region (I'm in Charlottesville VA which I guess is in the DC Metro region for Ford). So, getting wordy here, but basically he's saying I'm waiting longer because of the region I'm in. He also says I'm categorized as "Priority 2" which is apparently good somehow. I'm not salty about this and can wait longer, but either Ford corporate and/or my local dealership need to get a better process in place to keep customers informed. And it's not a great look for my local dealership that apparently I could have ordered this in NC instead of VA and have received it sooner. Whew, done now!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Is anyone considering putting more aggressive looking tires on their Limited (w/ stock wheels)? If so, which ones? It seems to me the options are mostly Nitto Ridge Grappler G2's, Toyo Open Country R/T or BFGoodrich T/A K02 as the most common. Any i'm missing? Any REALLY differentiating qualities between any of these?

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had the Toyo on my previous 2016 Platinum and on the wife’s SUV. Found them to be a great tire.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I had the Toyo on my previous 2016 Platinum and on the wife’s SUV. Found them to be a great tire.
Great to hear. Any observations on noise level or ride quality vs. stock? Ultimately mine will be a boulevard cruiser, mall crawler (and whatever other thing people call it) for me 95% of the time so want to make sure i'm not giving up daily comfort (or at least not too much).

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes there is some - little noise but I didn’t have a problem with it. It wasn’t a loud obnoxious sound.
Sponsored