First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
For discussion about 2021 Limited trim...observations, mods, pictures, questions, lessons learned sharing, etc.
Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Start off with my build info:

* 2021 SQ Limiited with all options including max recline seats
* Place order on 20 Nov 2020
* Scheduled build: 1st Week of Feb
* Projected delivery date: 1st of 2nd Week of Mar

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
AMB with all options (incl. max recline and work surface). No spray in liner as I plan to do Line-X.

Ordered 11/5, scheduled for prod on 1/29. Hoping to have in Houston by mid/late Feb.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Anyone putting different tires on theirs? I’m thinking about it and wouldn’t mind a bit more aggressive look but top priority is preserving ride quality, breaking performance, wet conditions, etc.

Anyone considering the Michelin Defenders?

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Tonneau cover...

What’s everyone getting? I’m leaning Retrax Pro XR due to quality and utility of the t slot rails. Most concerned about how waterproof it is and how much space the cassette takes up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Bed organization...

Maybe it’s my inner OCD, use of trapper keepers as a kid, etc but I’m absolutely obsessed with having the bed as maximized for efficiency as possible.

I’ve seen some neat applications of the Built Right Industries and Putco bed molle/organizer panels but haven’t seen any on 2021’s and they’ve yet to release versions compatible with ProPower Onboard.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Tint...

Live in Houston so definitely planning on getting some. Any recommendations for type or even reputable place to get it done (if any Houston locals)?

I’ve heard for sunroof it should be some sort of reflective material so the shade can be left open. Truth?

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
I ordered mine in November and it's coming likely end of May (here in Canada...company management lease as my wife works for Ford). Initially ordered Carbonized Gray but switched it to Smoked Quartz. I'm fortunate to get a new vehicle every 6 months (perks of having a wife at Ford) and I ALWAYS go grey or black so I'm looking forward to a new colour. I'm on the fence about whether or not I'm going to like the blue interior...some pics I find it looks like a nice dark grey/blue (which I like) and in others it looks kind of like a wishy-washy lighter blue (which I don't like). Also hoping my older tri-fold tonneau cover will fit on it...

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My basic items list for the 2021 SQ Limited PowerBoost (Hybrid) with all options - including max recline seats.

Basic Items:

1. In time - finding a better 22" tires designed for heavy rains./water.
2. Going with the Retrax "PowertraxONE MX" tonneau cover - I like the matte finish and have no need for overhead rails. I'm not worried about eating some bed space.
3. Mud Flaps (not sure of make) but looking for smooth clean (with no logo) flap.
4. Rain Guards (WeatherTech)
5. Wind Deflector for sunroof (WeatherTech) - without it the darn thing makes a crazy pain in the ass noise.
6. Heavy Duty Rubberized bed mat on top of my spray in liner (it's a me thing). The Black Armour® Bed Matt (diamond design).
7. 13" Antenna - there are great ones that work well for FM channels.
8. Getting a new NOCO GB150 Boost Pro w/the case.
9. Not sure but looking @ a Swing Case SC203 Pickup Truck Tool Box -Truck Box Organizer (TBD) - have to study the install.
10. Absolutely tinting the front two (driver & passenger) windows. A must have in N.C.
11. Not sure about this one but I been looking @ a 12V electric jack w/impact wrench - The KINGCAV Electric Car Jack Hydraulic Floor Jack 12VTire Change Car Jack Hydraulic Car Jack 5 Ton (11000lb).
12. Vehicle coating - leaning toward the yearly coating vs the 5 year coating. (DYI). Will use the items for Chemical Guys
13. Installing bake caliper covers (MGP Red Caliper Covers with Ford Oval Logo; Front and Rear) or having them painted.

Last edited:

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
2021 Limited 4WD/AWD, Hybrid ,Agate Black all options, works surface and max recline seats ordered 6 January build week 2/14.

Trading my 2019 Limited, will be taking off the Retrax ProMX bed cover and Ford bed mat and installing on the new truck

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
2021 Limited 4WD/AWD, Hybrid ,Agate Black all options, works surface and max recline seats ordered 6 January build week 2/14.

Trading my 2019 Limited, will be taking off the Retrax ProMX bed cover and Ford bed mat and installing on the new truck
How waterproof would you say your Retrax Pro is? I’m hoping to use mine for luggage and other things which could be sensitive to getting wet without worry.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
From everything I have read they do a excellent job. It is critical o properly install them & follow the directions especially @ the bulkhead alignment and alignment @ tailgate. I'm also adding the Retrax - tailgate seal. It's a seperate seal that has to be purchased separately. On my previous one ( a tri-fold), the small amounts of water that came in was @ the tailgate area.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
From everything I have read they do a excellent job. It is critical o properly install them & follow the directions especially @ the bulkhead alignment and alignment @ tailgate. I'm also adding the Retrax - tailgate seal. It's a seperate seal that has to be purchased separately. On my previous one ( a tri-fold), the small amounts of water that came in was @ the tailgate area.
No leaks where the aluminum slats connect to each other? Do you know if the tailgate can close with the cover closed? I’m worried any resistance will make the electronic tailgate interpret a pinch or obstruction and go back down.

I spoke with Retrax person a few days ago and they actually advocated against getting the additional tailgate seal they sell. She stated it didn’t make any difference (odd, since they sell it for that reason) and also voiced the same concern I have about adding any extra resistance to the electric gate upon raising. Fwiw, she was ULTRA knowledgeable and seemed extremely informed and professional.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Interesting they would say that about their tailgate seal. I do know Retrax has made their PowertraxONE MX to allow for the tailgate to open & close with a good seal & not interfering. When I'm ready to order (soon as truck is in a ship status) I also will call Retrax.

Last edited:

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Mine is VERY dry, its the third one i've had, no leaks from the cover itself, maybe very slight or just dampness is a better word at the top corners of the tailgate where the side rails end. I've never had any water collect or get the bedmate wet. I'm pretty OCD so if Im on my 1000 mile trip to our cabin in North Carolina I'll throw things in big plastic storage bins, I don't put tops on them, just put things in them so the things aren't sitting directly on the bedmat.

I can open and close the tailgate with the cover closed as well.

The only reason Im not letting this retrax cover go with the truck is because they don't make the glossy black cover anymore, they now only make flat black and I like the glossy cover to match my black truck.
Sponsored