• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning XLT / Pro rear tailgate mods

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
I was looking at XLT w/ 312A - anyone notice it says “included“ for Tailgate – Power with Unique Rear Signature Lighting, although the computer generated image does not update to show the light bar.

Hard to think it’s an option typo? Or maybe it is. Do we think XLT 312A gets the signature rear light bar on the tailgate? If so that would be a nice development.

As of today on the build and price tool if you start with an XLT base and scroll down and choose Tailgate - Power with Unique Rear Signature Lighting, it asks you to accept 312A package. So this makes me think it does?
Also noticed the build and price website photo when the XLT 312A is selected, It shows the power sliding rear window, which is only available in Lariat and platinum.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I can't believe these issues with the build & price page. They only have a few options to get right...

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I was looking at XLT w/ 312A - anyone notice it says “included“ for Tailgate – Power with Unique Rear Signature Lighting, although the computer generated image does not update to show the light bar.

Hard to think it’s an option typo? Or maybe it is. Do we think XLT 312A gets the signature rear light bar on the tailgate? If so that would be a nice development.

As of today on the build and price tool if you start with an XLT base and scroll down and choose Tailgate - Power with Unique Rear Signature Lighting, it asks you to accept 312A package. So this makes me think it does?
The graphic is correct for the tailgate and the verbiage is wrong. But the graphic is wrong for the rear window. oy vey!

Robb2698

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150, 1966 Mustang Fastback, 1932 Coupe,
Occupation
Retired

Also look at the 311A build and select the power tailgate. It says to get the power tailgate with the unique rear lighting you have to select the 312A. So this makes me think it will be included on the upper XLT

Robb2698

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150, 1966 Mustang Fastback, 1932 Coupe,
Occupation
Retired
Also look at the 311A build and select the power tailgate. It says to get the power tailgate with the unique rear lighting you have to select the 312A. So this makes me think it will be included on the upper XLT
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning XLT / Pro rear tailgate mods 3E8BA477-B264-41C9-8AF4-A7427A007FD2

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well Ill be damn. I stand corrected. The XLT does get the light bar across the tailgate. But its still only a $2k difference when the options I want from the Lariat. It just doesn't make sense, unless I go for the SR

OP
OP

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
lol, I don't trust that B&P at all... I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. "As it were..."

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
lol, I don't trust that B&P at all... I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. "As it were..."
Agree.

Notice that even if you select the 312A package that includes the power tailgate, the computer generated image of your truck does NOT show the light bar on the tailgate. It DOES update the wheels in the image to the 20" carbonized gray wheels. It's not just defaulting to an XLT 311A image.

Also note that you can get a power tailgate on the ICE F-150, which is the same tailgate the Lightning uses on Pro and XLT trims. So the ICE-style tailgate with power up/down exists.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I ordered XLT with 312A and it’s crazy that I still can‘t figure out whether the power tailgate with signature lighting is Ford’s way to describe the light bar.

The Build & Price threw me for a major tailspin. I paid the extra $9500 mainly because I want the sliding rear window (to cut down on the noise you get when driving with open windows). The Build and Price show the windows in every photo with the $9500 upgrade… yet according to Ford… you can only get that window with a Lariat or Platinum.

Deleted member 9341

I will also be going with an XLT premium with extended battery. I don't like leather and prefer the smaller 12 inch display to that 15 inch portrait tablet that sticks above the dash. For the price of the Platinum you could buy 2 of the Pros. That is a huge price delta for a few upgrades. And as we all know purchasing any motor vehicle is a poor investment that only depreciates. You gain nothing in HP or torque from any of the other trims with the extended battery.
Totally agree on the 15” display. Looks like an afterthought slapped on to make it look different. But then again I think that about the light bar on the front too. Researching if I can remove it actually.

Deleted member 9341

I ordered XLT with 312A and it’s crazy that I still can‘t figure out whether the power tailgate with signature lighting is Ford’s way to describe the light bar.

The Build & Price threw me for a major tailspin. I paid the extra $9500 mainly because I want the sliding rear window (to cut down on the noise you get when driving with open windows). The Build and Price show the windows in every photo with the $9500 upgrade… yet according to Ford… you can only get that window with a Lariat or Platinum.
Can you just replace the window for way less? Maybe the wiring is there even when equipped without the slider. Probably not , but maybe…
Sponsored