• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
I spoke with Ford customer service and that is what the lady told me YESTERDAY.

Also, my dealer called me TODAY to say they have been informed of a dealer allocation of 10 trucks for the next wave of orders.

They have me #8 on the list so they told me to watch out for the email next Wednesday or Thursday!!!

Super exciting!
Sponsored

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Can anyone corroborate this story? I don't want to have to pester my dealer without some certainty.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Seems suspect to me -- the part about the dealer getting 10 invites the next wave.... Maybe 10 over the next 5 waves.

Let's say next wave, the average dealer gets 5 invites, and Ford has 1500 dealers with invites. That's 7500 orders.

Pro would be gone in seconds on Wave 2, and all trucks would be all gone by wave 4-- except for XLTs which no one should buy because it's a horrible deal.

OP
OP
TheRealDlo

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Well my Ford Dealership said that today.

So I shared the info.

I'll update the forum next week to share what happened.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Seems suspect to me -- the part about the dealer getting 10 invites the next wave.... Maybe 10 over the next 5 waves.

Let's say next wave, the average dealer gets 5 invites, and Ford has 1500 dealers with invites. That's 7500 orders.

Pro would be gone in seconds on Wave 2, and all trucks would be all gone by wave 4-- except for XLTs which no one should buy because it's a horrible deal.
I don't know. The way that some people react on this forum, I'm suspecting a lot of reservations are getting cancelled, so 10 can become 1 order. /s

I think wave 1 was merely a test run for Ford. They accepted a very small number of reservations to address any kinks that came up. Also Ford now has a good idea what the conversion rate is, what the distribution of the trim selections looks like. They can pace this out.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So basically Ford is keeping to the two week schedule.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

This makes sense to me. Small wave 1 to test. Larger waves 2 and 3 to get the majority of the orders waves 4 and 5 as cleanup with wave 6 being what is left. 6 waves assumes some take rate (likely conservative), if it is higher less waves may be needed.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
There are "over 2,100 EV certified ford dealerships." So keeping numbers conservative to 15,000 lightnings made for 22MY, that means each dealer averages 7 lightnings. If wave 2 again shows only 1 order per dealer, and with 6 waves, that means ford realistically intends to take about 12,500 orders for 22MY for the wave phase, and then after 3/31, convert the remaining 2,500 orders to "balance out invitations" per their playbook.

The math adds up pretty damn perfect from our givens- 15,000 orders, 2,100 EV dealers, 1 order per dealer for wave 1, 6 waves plus 1 filler wave at the end.

Of course, there are variables with allotment, which will probably swing each dealers numbers from a few orders to maybe 15-20, but all i know is that wave 2 will clarify (or confuse the hell out of) everything.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
There are "over 2,100 EV certified ford dealerships." So keeping numbers conservative to 15,000 lightnings made for 22MY, that means each dealer averages 7 lightnings. If wave 2 again shows only 1 order per dealer, and with 6 waves, that means ford realistically intends to take about 12,500 orders for 22MY for the wave phase, and then after 3/31, convert the remaining 2,500 orders to "balance out invitations" per their playbook.

The math adds up pretty damn perfect from our givens- 15,000 orders, 2,100 EV dealers, 1 order per dealer for wave 1, 6 waves plus 1 filler wave at the end.

Of course, there are variables with allotment, which will probably swing each dealers numbers from a few orders to maybe 15-20, but all i know is that wave 2 will clarify (or confuse the hell out of) everything.
I did the math as well quite a number of times, and of course I agree. However we need to factor in fleet sales, cancellations, priorities, and etc.

The sad thing is a number of us reserved in the first 24 hours, and now we are looking at the 23MY instead.

Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
What happens to those Wave 1 folks who don’t order before Wave 2 starts?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
What happens to those Wave 1 folks who don’t order before Wave 2 starts?
They can place orders anytime until 3/31. They will have fewer trims to choose from the longer they wait, though.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
They can place orders anytime until 3/31. They will have fewer trims to choose from the longer they wait, though.
Well they have until the model year sells out.

I dont know whether it is true or not (it is the YouTube guys that makes videos on a bunch of rumors) but his headline said 41% conversion ratio so far.

OP
OP
TheRealDlo

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Well they have until the model year sells out.

I dont know whether it is true or not (it is the YouTube guys that makes videos on a bunch of rumors) but his headline said 41% conversion ratio so far.
That was his poll. I like Larry btw.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.