• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Appreciate your optimism, and I also think getting a 23 isn’t the end of the world. The tax credit situation, however, could very easily play out exactly opposite to what you said. This delay in receiving the vehicle could push us to where only half the current credit amount is still available, in effect costing us $3750 on top of the higher MSRP. Or a new congress could decide to do away with the credit completely. Ford could do a lot of good here by promising to keep 2023 MSRP the same as 2022, at least for the folks that were only pushed to 23 by Ford’s decision to allow dealers to prioritize.
To me it really depends on when in 2023. An early '23, delivered in the Dec '22 to Feb '23 timeframe is far more desirable to me than a late 2023 model delivered sometime in 2024.
Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I know this is very rough math. If Ford has 200,000 reservations for the lightning, and it can produce 20,000 this year, then I think it's reasonable to assume that 10% of my dealership's reservations will have an opportunity order a 2022. My dealer has 700+ reservations, but at the time I first checked with them, they said I was 14/667. I would be blown away with disappointment if they didn't get at least 66 allocated for 2022.

So for my dealership, I would expect they would receive about 10 per wave, meaning I would land in wave #3. (I'm still pissed that I'm somehow 14/667, when I reserved at the very beginning of the presentation).

The only reason I'm anxious to be in Wave 2 instead of Wave 3, is because I think there will be some configurations that will sell out or be delayed, and so being one of the early orders will be very beneficial in those instances.

My plan is to order a Lariat + ER. It's funny, with how ridiculous it is to spend $80,000 on a pickup that isn't a super duty or raptor, it would maybe just say YOLO and grab the Platinum instead, if it weren't for the $80k tax credit cap.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Ford should ignore all allocations and make sure that everyone that reserved in the first 2 or 3 hours (especially those that reserved during the reveal) get delivery of a truck this year if they want to order one. It would likely be less than 10k people that did this.
Then after that is done, then go back to the model they've been using this far.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I just want to order at this point. I guess I understand the wave approach, but with everyone locked in at the moment and no new reservations being added, why can't they tell us at least what wave we are?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I just want to order at this point. I guess I understand the wave approach, but with everyone locked in at the moment and no new reservations being added, why can't they tell us at least what wave we are?
Because they are setting each following wave based on the take rate of the previous one. (Most likely).

Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Because they are setting each following wave based on the take rate of the previous one. (Most likely).
That is sort of reasonable, I guess, but if you think about the Lightning, there are only two motor options, right? Everything else is an option that is available on the powerboost. In Ford's lowest year in ages, it still sold 727,000 F150s. So 20,000 lightnings are a drop in the bucket when it comes to frames, exterior, lights, seats, displays, speakers, etc.

So while I understand Ford wants to know where the demand will be with regard to batteries, I don't see the trim level differences being that significant in the grand scheme of things. Maybe I'm completely understanding how they are doing things.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Fair enough... but 2 weeks though?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
That is sort of reasonable, I guess, but if you think about the Lightning, there are only two motor options, right? Everything else is an option that is available on the powerboost. In Ford's lowest year in ages, it still sold 727,000 F150s. So 20,000 lightnings are a drop in the bucket when it comes to frames, exterior, lights, seats, displays, speakers, etc.

So while I understand Ford wants to know where the demand will be with regard to batteries, I don't see the trim level differences being that significant in the grand scheme of things. Maybe I'm completely understanding how they are doing things.
I don't think there will be two motor options. I think it would have to do with programming and the battery size. If you think about it, it would be cheaper and easier to order all the same motors vs getting different ones.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
My dealer was very communicative and responsive when I switched to them. Now they do not respond. I called Ford to see what is involved in transfering to a new one. They said allocation will remain the same with dealers. Basically even if I cancel before converting to order, the dealer still gets my truck. It seems like dealers have all the incentive to mess with reservation holders so you drop your reservation or transfer. They still get their allocation and you may get screwed for transferring. Ford lady was telling me dealers are giving the company a bad name but I think Ford is enabling their behavior. I don't want to reward the bad behaviour by leaving my truck to the dealer to mark up for someone else but I am not sure how much more of this crap I can take. has anyone changed dealers in the past few weeks? what do you think?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My dealer has also gone quiet. I mainly think they don't know whats going to happen next, so they have nothing to say. I think they know we have little to no choice to stick with them now.

Sponsored

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Anyone remember what the number to call is to change dealers after you get the email invite to order but before you actually order? Is it the same number as the one listed on my Ford account webpage that they say to call if I want to change dealers?
Need to line this up. TIA!!

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Ford should ignore all allocations and make sure that everyone that reserved in the first 2 or 3 hours (especially those that reserved during the reveal) get delivery of a truck this year if they want to order one. It would likely be less than 10k people that did this.
Then after that is done, then go back to the model they've been using this far.
You're joking right??? Do you want it delivered to your driveway too ???

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Anyone remember what the number to call is to change dealers after you get the email invite to order but before you actually order? Is it the same number as the one listed on my Ford account webpage that they say to call if I want to change dealers?
Need to line this up. TIA!!
The dedicated lightning line is 1 (800) 334-4375. If you’re super nice to the rep, they may even slip info about your place in line at your dealer!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

It isn't just trims, it is quantity. Take rate on 1 wave determine how many are left for the following waves.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I don't think there will be two motor options. I think it would have to do with programming and the battery size. If you think about it, it would be cheaper and easier to order all the same motors vs getting different ones.
I agree, I just mean two options for range/power, not necessarily that there are two different machines.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.