• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Reservation Holders Beware...

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It is pretty crazy, all of it. It isn't just time stamp. Allotment, trims. Etc.

The time stamp craze just made it so Ford could get the reservation numbers as quick as possible. Allowed for them to say: XX number of reservations in the first day! The first week! Etc.

In the end, most of us don't have the slightest clue what allotment each dealer gets, what their sales volumes are or not, much less what Ford intends to WANT to build plus what parts will be available for said trims, etc.

It's all pretty worthless of you ask me.

The ordering process isn't transparent at all. It's less than transparent. It's confusing. Almost like it's a racket.

Dealers don't know answers either. And when they have an answer, they're most likely BSing. If they aren't, then it sucks that their reputations as dealers as a whole don't afford them a benefit of the doubt.

Time stamp? Nah. Time stamp can't mean diddly aquat if a part isn't available. Nor does it mean diddly squat if they don't even WANT to build your trim yet.

Not to be negative, but just being real. Sorry that real is not positive. Such is life.
Exactly. I'm guessing that not even the higher ups at Ford know all the answers at this point. You could literally be the very first reservation in the system and depending on the myriad of factors you could get your vehicle weeks or even months after the first vehicle is delivered. And who's to say that the first publicly announced delivery is actually the first one. They could deliver vehicles to media influencers or employees or hell the fucking president before anyone with a reservation gets one.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Exactly. I'm guessing that not even the higher ups at Ford know all the answers at this point. You could literally be the very first reservation in the system and depending on the myriad of factors you could get your vehicle weeks or even months after the first vehicle is delivered. And who's to say that the first publicly announced delivery is actually the first one. They could deliver vehicles to media influencers or employees or hell the fucking president before anyone with a reservation gets one.
Chapman has all the answers...

<sorry I couldn't resist>

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
I am just going to enjoy my plenty capable powerboost and go with the retarded flow of this entire process.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
It is pretty crazy, all of it. It isn't just time stamp. Allotment, trims. Etc.

The time stamp craze just made it so Ford could get the reservation numbers as quick as possible. Allowed for them to say: XX number of reservations in the first day! The first week! Etc.

In the end, most of us don't have the slightest clue what allotment each dealer gets, what their sales volumes are or not, much less what Ford intends to WANT to build plus what parts will be available for said trims, etc.

It's all pretty worthless of you ask me.

The ordering process isn't transparent at all. It's less than transparent. It's confusing. Almost like it's a racket.

Dealers don't know answers either. And when they have an answer, they're most likely BSing. If they aren't, then it sucks that their reputations as dealers as a whole don't afford them a benefit of the doubt.

Time stamp? Nah. Time stamp can't mean diddly aquat if a part isn't available. Nor does it mean diddly squat if they don't even WANT to build your trim yet.

Not to be negative, but just being real. Sorry that real is not positive. Such is life.
Send complaint to the Dept of Commerce....

Sponsored

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
I changed my dealership and Ford refunded my $100 with an email stating the changes did not effect my place in line. There are way more reservations than units available so will all be waiting and waiting. Find a dealership you can trust and give the rest up to the multiverse. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Ford did the same for me….refunding $100 is easier than trying to transfer between dealers.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
As an aside, I lived for 14yrs in the Washington DC area. Its a cesspool. The problem is too many people with too much money and too many inflated egos. Why do all the dealers in DC have ADM? Because they know some person with more money than sense will pay it. Its sad but true. Everything costs 2x as much as it should. You're a little fish in a very big pond of consumers. I bought 2 new vehicles during my time in DC...both I ended up having to purchase from non local dealers(one in NJ, one in SW Virginia) because they were literally thousands less than any of the DC dealers.
I may resemble that remark, but I assure you, I’m not paying ADM. :ROFLMAO:

Early on I switched from one local dealer to a different one because of the original dealers lack of clarity. The current one has been forthright and honest about what they know or don’t and how they think the process will work. The one thing they’ve been clear about is no markup. Point is, FordLightning can call around and can make the switch without issue. As to the allocation question, no one really knows so why not focus on what you can control which is ADM and forget about what you can’t?

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
As to the allocation question, no one really knows so why not focus on what you can control which is ADM and forget about what you can’t?
Because if you get one a year or two later because of weird allocation issues, that could affect the resale value by thousands of dollars AND affect whether or not you get the $7500 tax credit.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
These threads are hilarious. People with a reservation NOW think they have some sort of priority when Ford CLEARLY said it means nothing!
from the FAQ "

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle."

What is an online order?

An order sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request.

By submitting an order and completing the order process, you are not purchasing a vehicle. Ordering does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your order does not guarantee a set-price for the vehicle.

Could not be more clear to me.