• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Reservation Holders Beware...

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Meanwhile..if you go to cars.com 1,794 Bronco vehicles for sale nationwide. Many are listed at MSRP. Maybe...maybe....that is not the true price, I get it. Maybe a lot are already spoken for and/or not the trim level you wanted. My point is there is at least something there to work with if you're willing to start pestering dealers nationwide to try to get what you want...
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
When I was younger, I would have felt differently about these kinds of things and would be in the thick of it for sure.
But now? I'm the dinosaur and have learned that when supply is below demand, and in this case WAY below demand, just breath and go into wait mode. And try to nix my tendency to predict. It's too unpredictable anyway. Lol

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Thats alright......Tesla.com is just a click away. I'll get another Model 3 and wait until my Lightning comes up.
I love the purchase process model of Tesla, but I really don’t see most people that want a truck or a serious off-road vehicle like a Bronco scratching their head for a second and immediately thinking… aha! Tesla! For point a to point b a vehicle is a vehicle. But, living my entire life in the country, a real truck does real work. Modern parking lots can offer a slight inconvenience since they are making spots smaller and smaller, but in the end, does anyone really compare any F150 to any Tesla? Both are nice, but it’s like comparing apples to cherries.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I love the purchase process model of Tesla, but I really don’t see most people that want a truck or a serious off-road vehicle like a Bronco scratching their head for a second and immediately thinking… aha! Tesla! For point a to point b a vehicle is a vehicle. But, living my entire life in the country, a real truck does real work. Modern parking lots can offer a slight inconvenience since they are making spots smaller and smaller, but in the end, does anyone really compare any F150 to any Tesla? Both are nice, but it’s like comparing apples to cherries.
All good points. But I think he was kind of saying that he was going to go do something that he would enjoy WHILE he waits.

I think I like the strategy.

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Administrator
All good points. But I think he was kind of saying that he was going to go do something that he would enjoy WHILE he waits.

I buy into that as well! I did a short term lease on a Jag E Pace while awaiting my Mini JCW being built back in 2019, learning two things - I didn’t really want a mini and I didn’t really want a jag. ?

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Exactly. I have an ICE F-150 and the Lightning is going to kill two birds with one stone for me. Utility and an EV. I won't stress over these game played by Ford, I had enough fun trying to get my ICE F-150 delivered.....

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I buy into that as well! I did a short term lease on a Jag E Pace while awaiting my Mini JCW being built back in 2019, learning two things - I didn’t really want a mini and I didn’t really want a jag. ?
Exactly. I have an ICE F-150 and the Lightning is going to kill two birds with one stone for me. Utility and an EV. I won't stress over these game played by Ford, I had enough fun trying to get my ICE F-150 delivered.....
You two gentlemen get it. Life is too short to let either Ford or the dealers steal the joy. If a Lightening really is in my future, I'm sure it will be at least a little on my terms and not just theirs. Meanwhile, I gotta squeeze today for all it's worth. Which isn't that difficult if we are talking trucks and cars. I recently grabbed a Powerboost and it's crazy. Could even argue it's a bit of a preview of The Lightening. Cool utility as a truck.

And if I need a jolt of sport, I get my fix in a 2-seater. I go back and forth between a couple of them. Both bargains, by the way.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Reservation Holders Beware... Screenshot_20211002-213059_Gallery

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
You two gentlemen get it. Life is too short to let either Ford or the dealers steal the joy. If a Lightening really is in my future, I'm sure it will be at least a little on my terms and not just theirs. Meanwhile, I gotta squeeze today for all it's worth. Which isn't that difficult if we are talking trucks and cars. I recently grabbed a Powerboost and it's crazy. Could even argue it's a bit of a preview of The Lightening. Cool utility as a truck.

And if I need a jolt of sport, I get my fix in a 2-seater. I go back and forth between a couple of them. Both bargains, by the way.

Screenshot_20211002-213059_Gallery.jpg
Just don't put the Boxster on the lift and take the front wheels off like the tire shop did to this Lotus Elise! :LOL: o_O

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Reservation Holders Beware... -lotus-elise-falls-off-mechanic-shop-lift-fail-

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Administrator

Screenshot_20211002-213059_Gallery.jpg
Ok, thanks a lot. I actually DO miss my TT for tearing up the backroads. Do you prefer the Miata or boxster?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, thanks a lot. I actually DO miss my TT for tearing up the backroads. Do you prefer the Miata or boxster?
I ask myself that EVERY time I am in either one.

The answer is always, "I don't know yet. Ask me again after I drive them both one more time"

Honestly, as much as you might assume the overlap, they slay the dragon in their own way. I have so little invested in them combined, I have no reason to part with either. (much to the chagrin of my oldest daughter. She's 33 now and thinks her dad is ridiculous. Which pleases me to no end)

Sponsored

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Meanwhile..if you go to cars.com 1,794 Bronco vehicles for sale nationwide. Many are listed at MSRP. Maybe...maybe....that is not the true price, I get it. Maybe a lot are already spoken for and/or not the trim level you wanted. My point is there is at least something there to work with if you're willing to start pestering dealers nationwide to try to get what you want...
Waste of time. Every car that ships is automatically put on the list at msrp.

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
At what point in this arduous process will we put down a non-refundable deposit? Or do we never put down any non-refundable money?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
At what point in this arduous process will we put down a non-refundable deposit? Or do we never put down any non-refundable money?
My dealer said no deposit since I'm a repeat customer (2018 Limited that I kept for only 18 months).

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Dealers do not want you to have skin in the game. If you walk after ordering, they win! All the ugly dealer tricks played out with the Bronco orders.
Sponsored