• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Reservation Holders Beware...

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
These threads are hilarious. People with a reservation NOW think they have some sort of priority when Ford CLEARLY said it means nothing!
from the FAQ "

*By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle."

What is an online order?

An order sends your vehicle configuration to your selected Dealer who will then process your order request.

By submitting an order and completing the order process, you are not purchasing a vehicle. Ordering does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your order does not guarantee a set-price for the vehicle.

Could not be more clear to me.
None of that says that Reservation Timestamp isn't important.

There's a huge difference between "doesn't guarantee vehicle delivery" (because there are many other variables and steps in the process) and "Ford CLEARLY said [reservation] means nothing!"
Sponsored

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
None of that says that Reservation Timestamp isn't important.

There's a huge difference between "doesn't guarantee vehicle delivery" (because there are many other variables and steps in the process) and "Ford CLEARLY said [reservation] means nothing!"
Spin your interpretation any way you want. If you want to add what you hope/believe/want in that clear statement, go ahead.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Spin your interpretation any way you want. If you want to add what you hope/believe/want in that clear statement, go ahead.
I'm not spinning anything about the statement. The point is the statement very clearly says absolutely nothing about whether reservation *timestamp* is important or not. It's only saying that your reservation is not a guarantee that you'll get a truck because your order/delivery/price is with the dealer. Completely irrelevant to the importance of the reservation timestamp on the production timeline.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
I may resemble that remark, but I assure you, I’m not paying ADM. :ROFLMAO:

Early on I switched from one local dealer to a different one because of the original dealers lack of clarity. The current one has been forthright and honest about what they know or don’t and how they think the process will work. The one thing they’ve been clear about is no markup. Point is, FordLightning can call around and can make the switch without issue. As to the allocation question, no one really knows so why not focus on what you can control which is ADM and forget about what you can’t?
This is wrong. Chapman is not accepting additional orders for 2022 Ford Lightning’s and cost me an additional $2,100 est. (3% off 70K), even after finally finding a dealer who would commit to no markup.

I assume the people not concerned about this issue on this forum are employees, ex employees, dealers, etc.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chapman has all the answers...

<sorry I couldn't resist>
In one post you claim Chapman is a reputable dealer, in another post you dismiss them as inaccurate. I certainly will take Chapman’s claim over yours. I also haven’t seen the dealers who regularly post discounts on this forum dispute this info.

Anyway, I am glad you are keeping this thread towards the top. Awareness of this issue helps my cause and I appreciate your support!

Sponsored

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's just a crap Ford purchasing experience. Not all dealerships are the same that's for sure. I guess Ford just doesn't realize or care how a bad dealership experience can dissuade consumers from the Ford brand.
Looks like Granger is also completely backing my concern posted this weekend. Can’t believe I missed this before.

This is the first response I received from Chapman:

Hey Doug!

At this time, we’re halting taking on new reservations with the Lightning. I can certainly let you know if you anything changes and we resume

—-

This is after I asked a follow up question and included 4 employees in the response:

It’s not that we do not want you to switch to our dealership, we recently had a meeting with ford and were told that we may not be receiving allocation for all of the reservations that we currently have.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For the company(Ford) its a way to gauge demand and get a no cost loan.
Completely inaccurate, the $100 goes to the dealer. Ford refunded my $100, because they said it was easier to give my $100 back rather than transfer between dealers.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
This is wrong. Chapman is not accepting additional orders for 2022 Ford Lightning’s and cost me an additional $2,100 est. (3% off 70K), even after finally finding a dealer who would commit to no markup.

I assume the people not concerned about this issue on this forum are employees, ex employees, dealers, etc.
You really don't understand any of this do you?

Its called sarcasm, its called humor. Kinda like when I suggested somone call the Dept of Commerce...I really didn't want him to call.

Nothing against the fine folks at Chapman. But you have a very loose agreement for 3%. Thats very different from a quote. Thats very different from an order.

In the end its BS because there is no pricing on the truck yet, there is truck being produced yet. There are no orders yet, period.

How can you be out $2100 when you haven't paid anyone anything?(except $100).

You seem to think everyone owes you something...

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like Granger is also completely backing my concern posted this weekend. Can’t believe I missed this before.

Hey Doug!

At this time, we’re halting taking on new reservations with the Lightning. I can certainly let you know if you anything changes and we resume

—-

This is after I asked a follow up question and included 4 employees in the response:

It’s not that we do not want you to switch to our dealership, we recently had a meeting with ford and were told that we may not be receiving allocation for all of the reservations that we currently have.
Uhh..where did Granger back your post? To my knowledge they never said you weren't allowed to to transfer, that they would not accept

Well since Chapman said it....it must be true.

Also, I'm having a hard time believing someone when they can't tell the difference between a reservation and an order.

Let me repeat...no one owes you anything with regards to pricing. Ford hasn't set the price yet. Chapman hasn't put forth that price in a contract or purchase order. No one has accepted any orders yet.

You must be unlucky. First Koons owes you that $500 and now Chapman owes you $2100 because they won't sell you a truck? Call the whambulance.....

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You really don't understand any of this do you?

Its called sarcasm, its called humor. Kinda like when I suggested somone call the Dept of Commerce...I really didn't want him to call.

Nothing against the fine folks at Chapman. But you have a very loose agreement for 3%. Thats very different from a quote. Thats very different from an order.

In the end its BS because there is no pricing on the truck yet, there is truck being produced yet. There are no orders yet, period.

How can you be out $2100 when you haven't paid anyone anything?(except $100).

You seem to think everyone owes you something...
Everyone on this forum knows there have been no orders, no full price list, and also no deliveries; OK most everyone.

The allocation system (Ford & dealer network combined) are preventing me from getting the best price available in the marketplace. This is a reasonable thing to be frustrated about. I certainly don’t hold anything against Chapman; they are simply working within their restraints.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Hey Doug!

—-

Chapman saying they weren't going to take your reservation is very different than not being allowed to take your reservation.

This is also very different than asserting Ford isn't allowing transfers to ANY DEALER.

Also..."It’s not that we do not want you to switch to our dealership, we recently had a meeting with ford and were told that we may not be receiving allocation for all of the reservations that we currently have."

I could have told you that. With only 15k (or so) trucks being produced in 2022 there is a high probability that EVERY dealer will run out of trucks before it runs out of reservations(which really is not quite accurate since its the ORDERS that matter, not necessarily the reservations).

Even if I accept all that is probable..that's not what Chapman actually says. They say "we recently had a meeting with ford and were told that we may not be receiving allocation".

They never say they Ford is telling them they for sure won't get the allocation, just there is the possibility(or as they say "may"). Also note NOWHERE do they say Ford told them they couldn't accept reservations. Something else you made up.

So this proves you are failing a basic comprehension.

Again, you didn't get what you want so its always someone else's fault...

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everyone on this forum knows there have been no orders, no full price list, and also no deliveries; OK most everyone.

The allocation system (Ford & dealer network combined) are preventing me from getting the best price available in the marketplace. This is a reasonable thing to be frustrated about. I certainly don’t hold anything against Chapman; they are simply working within their restraints.
Ummm..the "best price" isn't available in the marketplace yet because there is NO marketplace(yet) for this truck. We have NO prices, we have NO orders, we have NO trucks...we have NO marketplace.

As an aside I find it comical you get to decide what is the "best price" for this highly sought after and will most likely be short supply vehicle.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If Ford has decided how they are going to allocate the lightning they have yet to tell anyone. Nobody outside of Ford even knows how many vehicles they are going to attempt to produce.
Nothing and nobody is preventing you from anything as the vehicle isn't available to purchase at the current time. They haven't even been built yet.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If Ford has decided how they are going to allocate the lightning they have yet to tell anyone. Nobody outside of Ford even knows how many vehicles they are going to attempt to produce.
Nothing and nobody is preventing you from anything as the vehicle isn't available to purchase at the current time. They haven't even been built yet.
Unfortunately not accurate. Ford is evidently updating dealers. Granger was updated on the Bronco (confirmed) and Chapman was updated on the Lightning. Please stick to the facts, otherwise this leads to confustion.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ummm..the "best price" isn't available in the marketplace yet because there is NO marketplace(yet) for this truck. We have NO prices, we have NO orders, we have NO trucks...we have NO marketplace.

As an aside I find it comical you get to decide what is the "best price" for this highly sought after and will most likely be short supply vehicle.
We do have some facts related to pricing terms, that is the sole reason for the no ADM /pricing thread. Please search before you post.
Sponsored