• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Pro model with extended range. How to order?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Make yourself an llc, buy five trucks, then sell them off to people here who want them.
Buy 5 trucks today, then apply for a FIN, then place an order for at least 5 lightings and be in line behind all the fleet managers that have orders for 100+ trucks.
Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Even if you could magically get the LLC route together literally overnight, you'd still be waiting until 2025 to take delivery. Either upgrade to XLT, put up with SR on the Pro, or find another vehicle and wait. It sucks that you can't get the configuration you want, but it is what it is.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What exactly is the process to be able to order a pro model with the extended range battery. I know that it is supposedly only for "fleet sales," but what does that actually mean?
I’m afraid I’m not seeing the appeal of a $40,000 truck with a 2-way adjustable driver’s seat (per preliminary specs). Vinyl’s no problem, might even be superior to leather, but who’d want a 2-way seat, in 2022?? It’s as though Ford felt they had to do something to poison the consumer appeal of the base trim Lightning. Make mine XLT: life’s too short for 2-way seats!

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
I’m afraid I’m not seeing the appeal of a $40,000 truck with a 2-way adjustable driver’s seat (per preliminary specs). Vinyl’s no problem, might even be superior to leather, but who’d want a 2-way seat, in 2022?? It’s as though Ford felt they had to do something to poison the consumer appeal of the base trim Lightning. Make mine XLT: life’s too short for 2-way seats!
A junkyard with a regular F150 power seat can fix that for far less than an additional 10k+ for an XLT.

Last edited:

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
life’s too short for 2-way seats!
If anyone who borrows my PRO does not return the seat to the position it was in when they borrowed it. They will have borrowing privileges revoked. For $13k I can manually adjust my seat the few times needed.

Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
The main appeal is the 12k+ price difference. For that price you likely could replace the seat and still have thousands in your pocket.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That's the same seat in the xl.... The main appeal other than cost is that it's not going to break.
Also have you looked at truck prices? An XL Powerboost 4x4 with fx4 and propower is over $50k msrp

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The lightning interior is the same as the ice truck except for the infotainment system

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
It's because in many cases, those driving the Pro won't be the same people paying for them.

The 2-way seats aren't terrible but the 8-way XLT power seats aren't as adjustable as I would like. I would really like a few more degrees of tilt in the seat base.

Sponsored

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
Personally I want a work truck but require the extra range and I want the extra power. Going past $60k for an xlt ER isn't an option for me but I could just afford a pro ER. I want the vinyl seats and floor as the carpet in my truck is destroyed. I don't want any extra bells and whistles like lane departure warning and all that. I'd turn it off anyway as I find that stuff extremely annoying. Don't need a folding gearshifter either. Heck I'd prefer it didn't come with a bed so I can put a longer flatbed on it myself lol.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I’m at the other end of the spectrum. I want all the bells and whistles, like adaptive cruise control with lane centering so I’m a 1.8# ankle weight away from letting my dog live his best life and drive sometimes. I fear my dog lacks the focus to keep the BluesClues on, though. Plus, I’m going to fill half the bed with soccer balls, the other half with groceries as I cruise the strip mall parking lots 2.3 miles from home with the ER battery, 10 way power adjusted seat, with active motion and ventilation on.

(Obviously I’m not serious. I do tend to like the gizmos in vehicles, though)

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I hear you on this. Manual seat height adjustment would be helpful in my case.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
People like me - I want the $40K EV truck for daily commuting on So Cal freeways w/ HOV solo carpool sticker & FastTrak transponder exemption plus the occasional steelhead fishing winter rivers (4WD).

Since I am the only driver of this truck and don't care about seat settings, I am perfectly fine with manual seats.

Have no need for "creature comforts" like my other car: BMW 5 series which has the 8 way memory seats, lumbar controls, auto climate memory, auto wipers, auto headlights, cornering lights, HID xenons, 360 surround cameras, park sensors, remote start by app, automatic steering column up & seats down when I exit, etc....

But then my BMW was priced at $75,000 - you do get what you pay for....

tankengr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2023 F150 Lightning (hopefully)
Occupation
retired engineer
I had not seen this before, but this page seems to contradict the Technical Specs that still list the ER batteries as an option for Pro (Fleet Only).
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Pro model with extended range. How to order? Untitled
Sponsored