• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Pro model with extended range. How to order?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I had not seen this before, but this page seems to contradict the Technical Specs that still list the ER batteries as an option for Pro (Fleet Only).
Untitled.jpg
In addition to the spec document that has been published it has also been stated in the live talks that have been done and also on social media and other places that the Pro with ER is only available for fleet orders. Only time will tell, however I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Sponsored

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I would like to know how to order a plain "pro" model. It is becoming very clear that Ford is using the pro model as a marketing ploy. There have been almost no pro models made available to retail customers. It appears that a handful of people in the very first wave of ordering were allowed to buy one and everyone else has been bait and switched. I don't like being treated this way at all. Not when trying to spend $40k with a company.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I would like to know how to order a plain "pro" model. It is becoming very clear that Ford is using the pro model as a marketing ploy. There have been almost no pro models made available to retail customers. It appears that a handful of people in the very first wave of ordering were allowed to buy one and everyone else has been bait and switched. I don't like being treated this way at all. Not when trying to spend $40k with a company.
I'm a retail customer, I've ordered a Pro. There's a handful of people on here who have also ordered a Pro. I also know people outside of here who have ordered a Pro. They're not the unicorn this forum has made them to be, but I suspect the combination of low volume in general exaggerates the amount and may be further affected depending on what region you're in.

As for the fleet, my neighbor has a FIN.

1) It is not all that hard to get if you have a LLC, they will ask for your business license to verify it. I considered paying to get a LLC just to get my FIN.

2) Once the person has the FIN, the 5 vehicles does not have to be in a single purchase. There are also avenues where you do not purchase 5 vehicles at all depending on the type of business you have. My neighbor has exactly 1 reservation with his FIN.

3) The FIN could not be retroactively applied to my Pro order, even prior to scheduling.

4) We looked into adding my as a part of the business so I could buy the ER. In case anyone is wondering, it would be possible. However, while the vehicle can be ordered in my name; it must be registered to the business. Which means it has to be covered by that businesses vehicle insurance. At this point it got too complicated for us and we decided against it.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I'm a retail customer, I've ordered a Pro. There's a handful of people on here who have also ordered a Pro. I also know people outside of here who have ordered a Pro. They're not the unicorn this forum has made them to be, but I suspect the combination of low volume in general exaggerates the amount and may be further affected depending on what region you're in.

As for the fleet, my neighbor has a FIN.

1) It is not all that hard to get if you have a LLC, they will ask for your business license to verify it. I considered paying to get a LLC just to get my FIN.

2) Once the person has the FIN, the 5 vehicles does not have to be in a single purchase. There are also avenues where you do not purchase 5 vehicles at all depending on the type of business you have. My neighbor has exactly 1 reservation with his FIN.

3) The FIN could not be retroactively applied to my Pro order, even prior to scheduling.

4) We looked into adding my as a part of the business so I could buy the ER. In case anyone is wondering, it would be possible. However, while the vehicle can be ordered in my name; it must be registered to the business. Which means it has to be covered by that businesses vehicle insurance. At this point it got too complicated for us and we decided against it.
Could you purchase from the business?