• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Pro model with extended range. How to order?

oldironside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto
What exactly is the process to be able to order a pro model with the extended range battery. I know that it is supposedly only for "fleet sales," but what does that actually mean?
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Can five of us place a "fleet" order then?
If you formed an LLC it is possible, but getting the tax rebate for them in that case could be complicated, as in paying for a tax advisor and that to make sure you each get the tax credit (if that is even possible).

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
By the time you figure out how to jump through all the hoops, organize a bunch of people together for a group buy for your non existent fleet, you may as well put all that time and effort into starting a real company and making the cash to pay for the extended range Lariat or even Platinum. :p

There's going to be more than a few people trying to find a way to get an ER pro this way, so there's bound to be some scrutiny.

Sponsored

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
What exactly is the process to be able to order a pro model with the extended range battery. I know that it is supposedly only for "fleet sales," but what does that actually mean?
Can't buy one unfortunately. I have emails from Ford marketing stating such. Ford lost a lifetime customer here for it. I went round and round with them on it and suffered through lies, deception and conflicting responses from different parts of the company for months before ultimately canceling my reservation. I'll see what Chevy comes out with before I consider Ford again.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Here are the requirements to get a fleet identification number. However I would imagine that Ford has already gotten fleet reservations to fill all the allocations so someone trying to place a fleet reservation now is probably in for a much longer wait than someone placing a retail reservation now.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/get-started/eligibility-documentation/

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
By the time you figure out how to jump through all the hoops, organize a bunch of people together for a group buy for your non existent fleet, you may as well put all that time and effort into starting a real company and making the cash to pay for the extended range Lariat or even Platinum. :p

There's going to be more than a few people trying to find a way to get an ER pro this way, so there's bound to be some scrutiny.
Well the real hurdles are the requirements to get a fleet identification number from Ford. Most people who are trying to get and ER Pro that are around the forums are not going to be able to qualify. The lowest requirements are to have a taxi operators license and 12 months or 20k miles in service. So unless you've been doing this already then you're out of luck.
Your best bet it to try to find someone who already has been using fleet services from Ford and convince them to order a vehicle for you. However there's probably lots of accounting and tax liability that would.make this a big hassle

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
At this point trying to out in a fleet order will most likely put you far enough out to where Ford will open the ER to the rest of us.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
At this point trying to out in a fleet order will most likely put you far enough out to where Ford will open the ER to the rest of us.
Ford may or may not ever offer the Pro with ER to retail. We'll most likely see the second gen truck with better all around range.