• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang SLX convertible, 21 Mach-e FE, 14 MKS
Occupation
Accountant
Well it is official. Ford has removed the Power Running Boards for MY22

My dealer received this today:
For 22MY F-150 Lightning, the current option of “Power Deployable Running Boards w/ Black Accent” (Option Code 18A) has been changed from late availability to now being removed for 22MY. All current customer orders that have the option code 18A will not be selected for scheduling for 22MY and selecting this option has been turned off in WBDO. An order guide update will be published in the near future that reflects the removal of this option for 22MY F-150 Lightning.​

So I have removed the option and will get the standard Carbon Black Fixed Extended Running Boards with Enhanced Lighting.

So we will see what happens Thursday for my Wave 1 truck...
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
It's great that your dealer let you know about it so you could make a change. I wonder if anything I'm getting is why I'm still waiting for scheduling. My dealer hasn't said a thing since Jan 20.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
My dealer didn't let me know (about the choice)...just sent me an updated build with them removed and told me they were NLA.

Reading that message, however, I'm glad the owner just opted to remove them completely from my order because I probably would have made a stupid decision if left up to myself.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
yeah, I received the same notice today so we removed it from by build order.

Sponsored

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
So many expletives come to mind. Ugh. I very begrudgingly sent an email just now to my dealer asking to remove them. I really don’t like fixed boards, but I’d like the truck sooner rather than later :/

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I still have no idea how they have the parts to make these big trucks filled with technology/chips/metal/computers/whatever and don't have the parts to add a small moving piece of metal along the sides of the cab. ?

I'm sure there's a good reason it's just baffling to me. Hopefully we'll get an available aftermarket set soon.

Reactions: GDN

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Hopefully we'll get an available aftermarket set soon.
I personally doubt it considering how few lightnings will be made for the next couple of years. There's not really an aftermarket solution for the F-150 Powerboost and there's many more of them made.

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
These looks like the same powered running boards they add on to the ICE BAP trucks, wonder how this will affect these. Maybe that explains why my Powerboost Lariat BAP is on "chip hold"

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Disappointed to see this move, I was truly hoping for just the opposite which would have made them available. I was just looking at what it meant to add them, but didn't carry through. I like them tucked up out of the way when not needed, but the key was it was only $250 or so for the upgrade. If they get an aftermarket they'll be $1200 or so. Haven't priced them in a while.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Disappointed as well. I never did get around to calling my dealer about adding them. I was too concerned about a significant delay potentially affecting the tax credit. I suppose I'll just see what the aftermarket brings someday.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
What is really crazy about this removal - after all of the updates on Ford's web site - they have now exposed them in the online build and price - although they have a "Deactivated" message displaying right on them. They've got a bug I'd believe.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Power Running Boards (Option 18A) now removed for 2022 model year 1649785691942

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
Dang it I just placed my order and the system allowed me to select it. I told by sales guy to remove it. I knew I should have came here before placing the order.

Reactions: GDN

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Welp, that answers one question: fixed boards have LED lighting whereas retractable seem to not have them.

I do like retracting them for highway hauling but never been a fan of the stock ones anyway. I put them on because they cost $200 bucks but I intended to take them off for resale anyway and put something better.

I suspect I'm going to prefer the LED lighting aesthetically.
Sponsored