• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning order Process and Priority assignment by Dealer

MudDog

First Name
Dav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM
Visited dealer yesterday,12/14. Info I got was that the dealer had received the notification sheet of 12/8 . Dealer has 70 reservations. I asked where I was in the list. Dealer rep called me back, letting me know that the dealership had exercised its option to priortize 10 of their reservations for "customers in good standing", leaving me in 24th spot. Looks like I wont stand a Snowballs chance of getting a MY22.
Sponsored

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
So you’ll probably get a MY23 with some of the teething issues worked out. I don’t actually need a new truck until more than a year from now so quite happy to wait.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
as of right now im 35th at Granger and i think they had like 170 or so. Its unlikely I will get a MY22 but really hoping or i might have to start looking elsewhere. My Fusion is at 170,000 and making me feel like 200 is a stretch (I drive 30-35k a year)

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
This person mentioned dealer told him they would use Bronco ordering process vs. mach-E for the lightning reservations. Hopefully there will be clarity on this, soon:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
MY 2023 is not that far off if you think about when they actually will release that year's model (a year ahead).

Remember, MY 2022 is being released over 6 months later when you look at other models being released ahead of the MY.

By the time the MY 2022 are done in fall, the MY 2023 will be starting...

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
MY 2023 is not that far off if you think about when they actually will release that year's model (a year ahead).

Remember, MY 2022 is being released over 6 months later when you look at other models being released ahead of the MY.

By the time the MY 2022 are done in fall, the MY 2023 will be starting...
True, but a 2023 could also mean produced in ~ December 2023 and delivered in Feb 2024. a year is a long time.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
A careful reading of Ford Launch Announcement/Update: EFC09650 (Dec. 8, 2021)

Each dealer will have the ability to Prioritize a small number of Loyal Customers who are reservation holders. That list must be submitted to Ford by Friday Midnight December 17th.

The "F150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook" (Not a Public document - Wish I had a copy!) is a step-by-step guide on how to prioritize. Therefore dealers have complete latitude on which 'loyal customers' to prioritize, according to their own business model.

First Wave Invitations will be sent out at Order Bank Opening in January. Who gets invited in which wave will be determined by Ford by (Unknown which factor carries the most weight):
a. Reservation Timing (Time/Date Stamp)
b. Dealer Estimated Allocation (Dealer size and previous sales records)
c. Customer Prioritization List (Some dealers are "auctioning" off ADMs)
d. Other Factors

The Configurator will go up prior to each Wave Invitation.

Prior to Invitations going out dealers will receive a list of customers invited.

Dealers are given 3 options for pricing.
a. Default to MSRP if no pricing is set by dealer (Dealer can set ADMs at will if they choose to set pricing?)
b. Price all Lightnings at same level
c. Set specific Lightning pricing by Trims, etc.

[I am not debating or justifying any of this - only trying to explain it as I understand it]

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Occupation
Engineer

Each dealer will have the ability to Prioritize a small number of Loyal Customers who are reservation holders. That list must be submitted to Ford by Friday Midnight December 17th.

The "F150 Lightning Preparing For Order Bank Opening Playbook" (Not a Public document - Wish I had a copy!) is a step-by-step guide on how to prioritize. Therefore dealers have complete latitude on which 'loyal customers' to prioritize, according to their own business model.

First Wave Invitations will be sent out at Order Bank Opening in January. Who gets invited in which wave will be determined by Ford by (Unknown which factor carries the most weight):
d. Other Factors

Prior to Invitations going out dealers will receive a list of customers invited.

a. Default to MSRP if no pricing is set by dealer (Dealer can set ADMs at will if they choose to set pricing?)

[I am not debating or justifying any of this - only trying to explain it as I understand it]

Will X-plan pricing be available for the Lightning, do you happen to know?

One of the issues with the Bronco launch was the late (my opinion) clarification that while A/D/Z-plan pricing would be honored, X-plan pricing would not. Some people who chose a dealer without worrying about ADM, because they had X-plan, were left hanging.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

d. Other Factors

Yes, you are correct they can set ADMs at their choosing. While we are upset at that, there are plenty of dealers who are not charging ADM. I think the issue is a dealer who claim to not charge ADM but then decides they'll sell off prioritization setting off a bidding war between whatever Reservation holders they have. Honestly, they are just killing off their own business for greed.

Ford should separate dealer only allocations, say 1-2 per dealer that the dealer can do whatever they want with it. Reservations and orders should be sold by Ford and the dealer should only act as a delivery center, that's it.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Yes, you are correct they can set ADMs at their choosing. While we are upset at that, there are plenty of dealers who are not charging ADM. I think the issue is a dealer who claim to not charge ADM but then decides they'll sell off prioritization setting off a bidding war between whatever Reservation holders they have. Honestly, they are just killing off their own business for greed.

Ford should separate dealer only allocations, say 1-2 per dealer that the dealer can do whatever they want with it. Reservations and orders should be sold by Ford and the dealer should only act as a delivery center, that's it.
The problem with Ford making this decision is that dealers are local and they carry more local and state political weight, are closer to their own base, and operate under difference economies ranging from depressed to rich areas. Some are now on the verge of going under due to lack of product to sell (I hate defending dealerships). No one was screaming a couple years ago when we paid thousands under MSRP in a buyers market. I do not know what would be a "fair" system that could apply to all circumstances.

Why don't we start a new thread designing a perfect one for Ford?

A good fair article on ADM:

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/dealer-markups-10k-20k-now-common-due-car-shortage-here-s-why

Earlier this year I refinanced my farm from a 4% ARM to a 20 year fixed 2% but had to pay $8,000 Points. Was that fair? Over the next few years it saved me $$$.

My friend sold his home in CA and had over 20 offers and picked the highest over offer price. Was that fair to the buyer?

You want that Christmas toy for the kid that nobody can get? Get it on eBay for an little ADM

I am paying an ADM outside of MSRP because I ran the numbers. Current inflation of 6% might mean my $80,000 Lightning may be $4,800 more a year from now so paying an ADM up to that figure to get the truck now seems fair to me. (I paid a lot less ADM)

My small dealership was just bought out this week because they were about to go under. The new owner explained to me his charging an ADM was to help right the ship. Is that fair under local conditions?

The dealer in Virginia charging up to $35,000 is excessive and horrible and should be condemned. But Ford has the ability to adjust their Wave List based upon this and other factors and they should for this guy. Ford should also look closely at those CA dealers that prioritize a customer in PA as #1. How does that build a loyal customer? I would send Ford copies of any of these excessive ADMs. And it is great that so many dealers are not charging ADM! But here in some parts of Kentucky we did not share in the good economic times as did the two coasts. So I can justify paying extra if I can afford it.

But everyone has to make their own decision whether to buy or not at what price based on the market they are in.

But those demonizing people who choose to pay ADM - Please have some manners and stop it. In the past few days I have been called a liar and a troll on this Forum. I am not condemning those they refuse to cozy up to their dealers or pay a little extra to buy what their hearts' want. I am 76 years old and Mom and I may be dead if we wait until 2024.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The problem with Ford making this decision is that dealers are local and they carry more local and state political weight, are closer to their own base, and operate under difference economies ranging from depressed to rich areas. Some are now on the verge of going under due to lack of product to sell (I hate defending dealerships). No one was screaming a couple years ago when we paid thousands under MSRP in a buyers market. I do not know what would be a "fair" system that could apply to all circumstances.

Why don't we start a new thread designing a perfect one for Ford?

A good fair article on ADM:

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/dealer-markups-10k-20k-now-common-due-car-shortage-here-s-why

Earlier this year I refinanced my farm from a 4% ARM to a 20 year fixed 2% but had to pay $8,000 Points. Was that fair? Over the next few years it saved me $$$.

My friend sold his home in CA and had over 20 offers and picked the highest over offer price. Was that fair to the buyer?

You want that Christmas toy for the kid that nobody can get? Get it on eBay for an little ADM

I am paying an ADM outside of MSRP because I ran the numbers. Current inflation of 6% might mean my $80,000 Lightning may be $4,800 more a year from now so paying an ADM up to that figure to get the truck now seems fair to me. (I paid a lot less ADM)

My small dealership was just bought out this week because they were about to go under. The new owner explained to me his charging an ADM was to help right the ship. Is that fair under local conditions?

The dealer in Virginia charging up to $35,000 is excessive and horrible and should be condemned. But Ford has the ability to adjust their Wave List based upon this and other factors and they should for this guy. Ford should also look closely at those CA dealers that prioritize a customer in PA as #1. How does that build a loyal customer? I would send Ford copies of any of these excessive ADMs. And it is great that so many dealers are not charging ADM! But here in some parts of Kentucky we did not share in the good economic times as did the two coasts. So I can justify paying extra if I can afford it.

But everyone has to make their own decision whether to buy or not at what price based on the market they are in.

But those demonizing people who choose to pay ADM - Please have some manners and stop it. In the past few days I have been called a liar and a troll on this Forum. I am not condemning those they refuse to cozy up to their dealers or pay a little extra to buy what their hearts' want. I am 76 years old and Mom and I may be dead if we wait until 2024.
Paying under MSRP or even invoice is possible due to manufacturers incentives to dealers and customers.......it's not the dealer offering these lower prices to customers.

You are comparing homes which appreciate to cars that depreciate.....it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Your local dealership is FOS as they would make more money through the service department and selling accessories, extended warranties, financing, and customer loyalty than placing ADM on each vehicle.

Sure you can choose to pay ADM but all it does is spread around the country, there are Honda Civics going for $40k all because people will pay ADM. The funny part in all this is when you try to sell your used car which you paid ADM on and wonder why the dealers are lowballing you. When you pick up your vehicle and have signed all your paperwork, come back after going around the block and try to sell your Lightning to the dealership for the same price you paid..... come back and report what happens.

Last edited:

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Locally it looks like the current supply of Bronco's and MME's are at MSRP so I get the feeling that maybe that will carry to EV prices. If we ever get free money on the deal it might be OK.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I'd never pay ADM, but it is a market-discovered price - if someone pays it, then that is what the vehicle is worth. Auctions are always the fairest pricing mechanism. No matter who benefits.

GreaseLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
I haven’t received any info from my dealer.

Over the past Few months I’ve called2-3 times and the guy I need to speak to isn’t available. I’ve emailed 2-3 times and I’m told they need to forward my email to a different department and no one ever emails me back. I just tell them I have a reservation and have some questions about the process and would like to speak to someone.

i have no idea about ADM (won’t buy if there is) or where I am on the reservation list. I placed a reservation within the first 5 minutes of the system going live on 5/19.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I haven’t received any info from my dealer.

Over the past Few months I’ve called2-3 times and the guy I need to speak to isn’t available. I’ve emailed 2-3 times and I’m told they need to forward my email to a different department and no one ever emails me back. I just tell them I have a reservation and have some questions about the process and would like to speak to someone.

i have no idea about ADM (won’t buy if there is) or where I am on the reservation list. I placed a reservation within the first 5 minutes of the system going live on 5/19.
You should go talk to another dealer quickly, imo. I switched dealers because they wouldn’t get back to me.
Sponsored