• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning On Tour

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
The 15-18k production number has been confirmed to be incorrect by Palmer. However we don't know what the actual number is and Ford isn't going to say. Palmer did however say that they are working to hit max production capacity at the facility (80-90k per year) as soon as possible. They have built about 50k mach-e in not even a year so far and I feel that they could sell way more lightning if they have the parts available to produce them.

Just for reference 50k mach-e is like making 15-25k f150 due to the added battery size which is the main limitation here.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

shikataganai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100 series Land Cruiser, Pacifica Hybrid
Went to the Denver event just now. OneWheeled from my house since I live a mile away.

The ride along was fun--I used to autocross. They were taking it easy in the curvy section but having them punch it in the straight and go pretty good in the first little chicane was entertaining indeed. Very quiet and solid feeling vehicle. Visibility is not as good as my phenomenally narrow-pillared and upright Land Cruiser but good enough.

I was in a Pro ER. There was another Pro and an XLT doing laps. One e-Transit in a tent, and then the same naked chassis and Lariat with its Pro Power Onboard/frunk demo gear. I didn't dwell on the non-ride parts and just went home.

For a free event a mile from my house it was very much worth it. :D

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I’m trying to decide between atlas blue and antimatter blue.
They had an antimatter blue at the Tour event. It looked almost black in the shade. I was really surprised how dark of blue it was. FWIW.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
They had an antimatter blue at the Tour event. It looked almost black in the shade. I was really surprised how dark of blue it was. FWIW.
How is the rapid red? Is it more burgundy or brighter?

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Phoenix Pro session had a truck with a trailer.
That explains it. The Tour event didn't have the trailer. It sounds like the Pro session was better.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
That explains it. The Tour event didn't have the trailer. It sounds like the Pro session was better.
Yes and no. The Pro session covered a lot of stuff I didn't care about. Like telematics and upfitting. And it included eTransit, which totally underwhelmed me. but I absolutely enjoyed the ride in Lightning. Both with trailer and without. Also a plus for me. On the way home I got to try out DC charging for the first time.
Sponsored