• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning On Tour

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations
Thank you. I’m trying to decide between atlas blue and antimatter blue.
I was also debating between those two but after seeing the atlas blue in person it’s at the top of my list.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just treat Antimatter Blue as black except in direct sunlight.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I didn't take the test drive at the SF event (held about 40 miles away from San Francisco), but I did confirm my color choices and trim level. When asked about ordering, the Ford rep told me that the reservation number will dictate when you will receive the order for production. He further told me at other events some folks who had reserved on day one had already received their order form.

Untitled - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg

Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg
Well, what color and trim did you confirm?
That step thingy in the tailgate, is that currently available or is new?

EDEZ Lightning

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E350
Occupation
Retired
There was an antimatter blue xlt lightning there too on the test track. It one of those colors that changes from a distance and angle because I originally thought it was black from about 300 yards away. As I approached the track it became a dark blue in the late day sun.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That step thingy in the tailgate, is that currently available or is new?
Ford has had that on the F150s for several years now.

Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hit up Google Images and Youtube for the search “Atlas Blue Tremor” or “Atlas Blue F250” to see more of that color on full size trucks. The 2022 F250 series is delivering to customers and there are quite a few walk-around video reviews out on them in the Atlas Blue color now.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
When asked about ordering, the Ford rep told me that the reservation number will dictate when you will receive the order for production. He further told me at other events some folks who had reserved on day one had already received their order form.

Untitled - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg

Untitled - 1 of 1.jpeg
I'm 10803111 and my timestamp is on the paint thread; reserved within a minute of link going active. I hope orders are starting soon, but I’d think most who’d reserved earlier than that, or within the first 10-15 minutes, would have found this forum by now and said something. I spoke to my dealer last week and they had zero information. I’m guessing the rep was mistaken, but hope not and that we’ll hear something soon!

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations
Yeah I don’t think you can take everything they say as gospel. One rep at the even said that it used round cells not flat which I don’t think is correct.

G8RB8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition Max Platinum, Lightening one day
Hi all, just joined but had been looking for a Lightning Forum. I went to the Seattle event on Thursday the 16th and the one thing the rep confirmed was that they’re building 7,500-8,000 in 2022 and then ramping up to 40,000 and eventually 80,000 by end of 2023. I didn’t reserve till May but it sounds like it may be a while for some of us. Also labor is not included for the install of the Charge Station Pro that comes with the extended range battery but may be covered by state tax credits.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm 10803111 and my timestamp is on the paint thread; reserved within a minute of link going active. I hope orders are starting soon, but I’d think most who’d reserved earlier than that, or within the first 10-15 minutes, would have found this forum by now and said something. I spoke to my dealer last week and they had zero information. I’m guessing the rep was mistaken, but hope not and that we’ll hear something soon!
Darren Palmer said there would be tons of new EV info in the next 2.5 weeks. Maybe that will include the opening of the order banks. I'm assuming it's positive news though--maybe the big news is a MME battery recall ?

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Hi all, just joined but had been looking for a Lightning Forum. I went to the Seattle event on Thursday the 16th and the one thing the rep confirmed was that they’re building 7,500-8,000 in 2022 and then ramping up to 40,000 and eventually 80,000 by end of 2023. I didn’t reserve till May but it sounds like it may be a while for some of us. Also labor is not included for the install of the Charge Station Pro that comes with the extended range battery but may be covered by state tax credits.
The 15-18k production number has been confirmed to be incorrect by Palmer. However we don't know what the actual number is and Ford isn't going to say. Palmer did however say that they are working to hit max production capacity at the facility (80-90k per year) as soon as possible. They have built about 50k mach-e in not even a year so far and I feel that they could sell way more lightning if they have the parts available to produce them.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Yeah I don’t think you can take everything they say as gospel. One rep at the even said that it used round cells not flat which I don’t think is correct.
No, the pack will not have cylindrical (or prismatic) cells. While I have not seen any information on the cells other than it being made by SK Innovation, I'm really hoping it is the SKI E530S cell...which I just started the testing process on them this past Friday.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Darren Palmer said there would be tons of new EV info in the next 2.5 weeks. Maybe that will include the opening of the order banks. I'm assuming it's positive news though--maybe the big news is a MME battery recall ?
Maybe like a rep told G8RB8, they Will announce that they are only making 8,000 in 2022!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
No, the pack will not have cylindrical (or prismatic) cells. While I have not seen any information on the cells other than it being made by SK Innovation, I'm really hoping it is the SKI E530S cell...which I just started the testing process on them this past Friday.
I thought we had a pretty firm answer that they were using the 90-5-5 chemistry.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I thought we had a pretty firm answer that they were using the 90-5-5 chemistry.
Can you point me to a source for this information? I might be able to glean other information if they are talking about the pack.
Sponsored